Trading & Market System - 10% Before I Sell???

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Trading & Market System - 10% Before I Sell???

Team Bytro, thanks for all the work you are doing on CoW.

Except that is for the latest change to the trading system - that is - when I want to sell my resources, I have to PAY 10% of the potential value when I list them and BEFORE even sell them.

C'mon guys think this through - I am selling resources to MAKE some cash. What if I have no cash - I have no option but to take whatever price is offered. What do I do if no buyers have made an offer to buy my resources? And I have no cash I cant sell anything quick to raise cash.

This is the most frustrating thing you guys have tweaked yet. Nerfed the trading system with this one innocuous change.

I'm begging you - change it back.

Thank you.
    • Winston montgomery wrote:

Team Bytro, thanks for all the work you are doing on CoW.

Except that is for the latest change to the trading system - that is - when I want to sell my resources, I have to PAY 10% of the potential value when I list them and BEFORE even sell them.

C'mon guys think this through - I am selling resources to MAKE some cash. What if I have no cash - I have no option but to take whatever price is offered. What do I do if no buyers have made an offer to buy my resources? And I have no cash I cant sell anything quick to raise cash.

This is the most frustrating thing you guys have tweaked yet. Nerfed the trading system with this one innocuous change.

I'm begging you - change it back.

Thank you.
      I just came back after a 4 month hiatus if that is correct it seems i came back too soon... THAT IS CRAZY for the exact reason he stated, if you have no cash you cannot sell, which is what you need to do, if you remove them from the market you do not get the money back either so if you accidentally put it up for TOO much you now lost those funds forever. RIDICULOUS! Fix this now. 10% upon sale. What are you trying to prevent? Trade??
      :thumbup: :beer: - Living the dream!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Svven78 ().

• The market overhaul of a few weeks ago prevents trades between human players outside a coalition and taxed trades in the market. The main mode of trading in this game is for resources. Yet silly taxes and trade restrictions have drastically reduced this type of trade, particularly if you are not in a coalition. I think that this market overhaul will benefit only those players that have been around for a while and play in coalitions like a wolf pack! ... It's sad that these silly taxes and trade restrictions are killing this wonderful game! ... :(

The post was edited 1 time, last by gusv: added 'ago' ().

• To be honest I wanted to play the game and this new system almost gave me enough of a hopeless feeling to quit, it totally messed up my initial building style setup, and because i put the wrong price on a sale I lost funds twice when I pulled it off the market and put it back on. SUPER irritating and now that I need cash to build I know I lost a bunch already on the terrible trade system. So now I am waiting 14 hours to do something I should have already had done.

I think I will gut out this game to test if the old reason I left is still a problem but to be honest it isnt a great welcome back and likely is reason enough to quit again.
    • So for real, no moderators, no developers have anything to say about this? Is this just how its going to be, get used to it!?!?

Can no one explain how or why the seller has to spend 10% upfront? Where the logic is in that?

It makes absolutely no sense to me, so an explanation to understand the developers mindset would be greatly appreciated. What are you trying to solve?
    • Hello,
      One of the reasons (that can be seen on the market overhaul update on September 2nd) says the reason for this was to stop players from using the market as their personal storage, people would put up resources for a short while when provinces under attack to stop/minimise the resource loss when that province was captured.
      Dante Bugler1
      Game Operator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • Svven78 wrote:

How about a hit towards the goods or cash if they cancel the trade? Still would have bite me but a warning note and accepting means you take the cost. That way the actual sellers dont lose 20%.
      When a player puts up a buy/sell offer they get told what the fee would cost so that is in a way a warning, as for getting a bit towards resources or cash I suppose they could do that but in the end it would roughly be the same, resource wise I could see people being upset about losing resources especially valuable resources in their game.
      Dante Bugler1
      Game Operator
    • oh that's nothing just that thread is closed, we can't reply to it anymore that's not saying the update was reverted or something was wrong just the thread got a bit long (with 12 pages) and Freezy had made a final statement on the thread resulting in the thread being closed
      Dante Bugler1
      Game Operator
    • I dont know. I can understand the reason for the desire to put a stop to those game play issues and I can attest to it being used against me when I was taking over areas. I dont think messing up the trade dynamics is the solution to it. Maybe a sliding scale for size of the trade and multiple trades of the same type.

1% charge, to say 5000 units, 2% hit on 5 to 10k
      Place a second trade of same resource its 3% and so on at 5k increments.

I think that targets the issue and doesnt punish the low level players or initial game mechanics of buying and selling.

20% at the start is SUPER expensive and wastes a lot of money, if your going to keep 20% maybe increase the starting cash to 400k to offset some funds on initial trading?
    • Svven78 wrote:

So for real, no moderators, no developers have anything to say about this?

Just because you skipped 4 months of discussion doesn't mean there is no answer. ;)
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I was there. Alternate solutions to the problem were proposed and discussed but I don't remember any serious response during those 4 months. The implied "answer" seemed to be "we did what we did and we don't care what anyone says about it".

Since starting CoW I have encountered several annoying game behaviors that I reported. I kept playing despite the negatives, but somewhere along the line, I got the idea that Bytro wasn't going to address my concerns so I stopped bothering with bug reports that would help improve game play. I guess the spaghetti code implementation of CoW is just too hard too fix. The introduction of 1.5 strongly suggests that they will let the current CoW die from neglect.

More distressing is the lack of remedy to a serious in-game problem. Just how hard is it to delete an immortal convoy that ruins game play? Does it really take 3 days?

Bytro's customer service is so lousy I'm just getting sick of the whole situation. Why should I have any loyalty to the game when Bytro shows none to the players?