Artillery

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hey guys! I'm not really much of an artillery user, but I'm starting to think about using them. I have just one quesition though.

Why do many people put units in Front of their Artillery? Woudn't it make sense to put it With(stacking) their artillery?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-1sd_tanker

Hitler: Hey Japan, could you help us attack they Soviet Union from China?
      Tokyo: Sorry, we just attacked Pearl Harbour.
      Hitler: YOU WHAT?!!! :wallbash :wallbash
    • Hello,
      Most people put artillery behind a stack of other units to protect them from enemy ground forces, with the artillery behind them they aren't in danger (unless the stack infront dies) of being damaged unless the enemy has ranged units as well. Where as if the artillery is in the same stack the enemy could send their army to attack yours and once they engage the artillery will take a good amount of damage due to having low health and low defence stats.
      Dante Bugler1
      Game Operator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • Thank

Dante Bugler1 wrote:

Hello,
      Most people put artillery behind a stack of other units to protect them from enemy ground forces, with the artillery behind them they aren't in danger (unless the stack infront dies) of being damaged unless the enemy has ranged units as well. Where as if the artillery is in the same stack the enemy could send their army to attack yours and once they engage the artillery will take a good amount of damage due to having low health and low defence stats.
      Thank you! Now I finally understand this.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-1sd_tanker

Hitler: Hey Japan, could you help us attack they Soviet Union from China?
      Tokyo: Sorry, we just attacked Pearl Harbour.
      Hitler: YOU WHAT?!!!
    • 1sd_tanker wrote:

Woudn't it make sense to put it With(stacking) their artillery?
      A smart player always considers the possibility of sneak attacks on the artillery by planes, other artillery, or fast units circling around behind, and DOES stack units with their artillery in addition to the blocking force.

Another aspect of bombarding with artillery and having a blocking force in front is to counter the AI behavior. AI will generally react to an artillery bombardment by dispatching a unit or two to attack the artillery. If you have a good sized blocking force the AI unit walks right into the trap and is easily destroyed, while the artillery remains safely behind the action, and able to select targets at will. You always have to be ready for the AI to react differently depending on what units it has available. I advise caution against using this tactic to pick apart AI stacks when they have a nuclear weapon available. :D
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • When you want to attack many provinces with speed, artillery may be annoying because they will auto fire at the nearest unit when no orders are given. They will also stay a long distance away from the unit they are attacking which do not make them easy to move WITH the unit in front.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader