Climate/Weather Conditions Affect Battles

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Climate/Weather Conditions Affect Battles

"We have severely underestimated the Russians, the extent of the country and the treachery of the climate. This is the revenge of reality." -- Heinz Guderian in REAL LIFE

"I will roll my Panzers into Siberia!" -- Heinz Guderian in CoW

In Historic Maps, as Germany, I have defeated Soviets several times, including fighting at Stalingrad and even to Siberia.
      Why did Germans lose Stalingrad?
      They ran out of food, but most importantly, too cold. The Russian winters, the Germans couldn't handle them.
      But in CoW, "I just march in. And as long as I planned my battle enough to beat the enemy troops, I win. Winter? What's that? All I care about is getting more victory points and winning this game. I want more gold."

Though it will be quite complicated, seasons would be a great addition to Call of War. Some days will be Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, all in an even rotation. Of course it would get complicated in Southern Hemispheres, but you get my point.

If I am Russia and I send soldiers to the Middle East, they should be dying of heat. If I am Saudi Arabia seeking to send troops to Russia, how am I doing that without my guys freezing?

Climate should greatly influence the future battles of Call of War. It would help make every battle in this game only more realistic and closer to reality, providing a greater experience for all Call of War Players.

Thank you for reading this post, please feel free to criticize and make any suggestions.
    • Boozo wrote:

The Russian winters, the Germans couldn't handle them.
      The Germans were on the one hand too fast but on the other hand, partly also because of the previously not scheduled Ukraine detour, they were ultimately not fast enough to reach Moscow before the winter, although it was planned they were home again by Christmas.

The Krauts rushed to Moscow only in summer equipment, and then due to the long distances they couldn't get supplied quick enough nor sufficient -- that was the big fundamental mistake in Russia.

So the primary fault was not the weather, but, looking back, an negligent miscalculation which already started the end at the beginning.

Weather is the same for all participants in a battle, and so far all CoW units of all countries automatically have equipment for all climatic and weather conditions.
      So, before in the game actually weather-related differences can take effect, the units would have to be extended by a differentiation / setting option "equipment" ..

.. so a micro-management system to be set separately by the players for each unit would be required -- have fun with annoying readjusting every few minutes :rolleyes: .. in a game, where 1 day on a normal map equates to about half a year and 1 hour ingame more than 7 days ..

.. but so or so, basically it would be just another separate X-factor >> whether it's now snowing or raining or if it's a sunny day or a moonless night, or if it's a spring-morning, summer-day, autumn-evening or winter-night, at the moment when a unit / army shoots next time ..

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D