Lets Talk Feedback

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ascarion wrote:

We also decided to remove the extra popularity penalty for surprise attacks.

Hans A. Pils wrote:

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: Whaat? This is a very good penalty.

freezy wrote:

But it is also a hidden mechanic and hard to understand ..
      Hidden was the mechanic never, but of course one had to be able reading ..
      ..and at the latest after reading it should be logical for participants in a strategy game -- otherwise they just had to ask the mother or the nanny, or whoever has turned on the PC for one and read the lyrics .. :00008356:

.. but now as the game evidently is being redesigned as a shooter for a younger and younger clientele
      this change is probably even necessary :rolleyes: .
      ......................................................................................................................... :00008185:

f118 wrote:

CoW gonna be developed to shooter with strategy skin and more then annoying demand of shopping. It is your choice to change target market. ..

Somanta wrote:

I don't get the point of making a "Conflict of Nations" of the IIWW. The people who like CoN can play it ..
      Exactly how I see it and have long feared that it would happen .. :shit:

.. ok, does not have much to do with feedback but it's my personal negligible opinion .. :spam:

PS:

Hans A. Pils wrote:

General suggestion at this point to the Bytro team: Can we have one sophisticated, realistic, demanding game that includes diplomacy, strategy and at least optionally a slow pace for (mainly) adult PC users (I suggest CoW for that)?
      And next to it one superficial, simple, intense, action loaded game for (mainly) younger people from the smartphone generation (I suggest CoN or Supremacy1 for that)?
      Each player group always having to swallow compromises with respect for the other player group in each of the Bytro games is not working that well imho.
      .................................................................................................................................. :thumbup:

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D

The post was edited 3 times, last by Restrisiko: PS added ().

• Freezy, that was totally my misunderstanding; sorry!!

I thought what you were going to remove now was rule
      "don't skip steps in the diplomacy. If you are at peace, always give trade embargo first and declare war 24 hours later." (as posted in --> this thread <--).

Now I see that only the penalty for starting a war without declaration is going to be removed. That's OK - that one can go.
    • OK. Well yes, I agree with you and Restrisiko it's a good penalty. But really not an important one. That's why I was promoting we better swallow this small compromise that's simplifying the game in order to make it more playable for "blessed" action-clicker / mobile / whatsoever players and raise our voice only when features are removed that are important for the strategic or diplomatic depth of the game.
    • As a player ranked 650th overall, I personally hate the direction Call of War 1.5 is going (and i can speak for my alliance of 17 guys) when i say that If this is the direction Bytro is taking in future updates than I will have to find another game to play. I know Bytro is just trying to test a lot of features all at once, and its overwhelming to some but the general direction takes all of the logic, rationale and historical accuracy out of the game. Here are two major changes in Call of War 1.5 that, each, will completely ruin the game from a realistic, historical, and logistal perspective:

Balancing resources: historically and today, resources are NOT balanced. And this is the way it should be. If a country or a group of countries can control and manipulate the (for example) oil market, this is how it should be in the game. Sometimes I'll work towards becoming dominant in one resource so i can reap the rewards of controlling the oil market and get huge paydays when i sell the scarce resource. And logistically, it makes no sense for an IC to need food to build. Goods, Metal and Money, in the real world, is how an IC gets built. Historically speaking, Germany needed oil so it went south to the caucuses instead of focusing on moscow. Germany took Ukraine so if it wasn't for lend-lease the soviets would have had an even worse famine than in the previous decades in 1943-1945 alone. The way the resources are now, and how they make sense towards which buildings and units to produce, also effecting military tactics... IS VERY ACCURATE TO HISTORY AND THE REAL WORLD... and the Call of War 1.5 resource balancing system takes all rationale out of the 3 most important aspects of the game ... Economy, Production (buildings and units) and military strategy and tactics.

Building changes: Choosing which units you want to make in the beginning of the game as opposed to adapting as the game progresses is just complete lunacy. Militaries adapted in WW2... when soviets tanks became overwhelming the germans developed the panzerfaust. when everyone realized the importance of aircraft carriers in the pacific, the US boosted their production. and even tanks in general, no one knew their effectiveness when used correctly until the fall of france. Making a player choose which units to make before even being able to spy to see what others are making also takes half of the necessity of espionage.

Call of War 1.0 is already unique and balanced.
    • Two general complaint that I've heard from many players ... One seems to be lack of resources (unless you got gold to buy them) and very few units in game (eats up less server memory) ...

The post was edited 1 time, last by gusv: typo ('to' changed to 'you') ().

• Now the new graphics....You have killed a good strategy game and have made a CoN for children. Congratulations. I'm out, there is no place in this new game for me.
      Bye.
      Att. Teniente Somanta.
      Si no tienes posibilidades de vencer, es el momento de atacar.
    • Somanta wrote:

Now the new graphics....You have killed a good strategy game and have made a CoN for children. Congratulations. I'm out, there is no place in this new game for me.
      Bye.
      Att. Teniente Somanta.
      Hey, stay in the forum and maybe things will turn better!
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

The change from 1.0 to 1.5 is just too big.
      No, Ryan, what Mongolian Hoard, Somanta, Pontus, Hans A. Pils, Restrisiko, Czar, and and and or approximately 99% of the posters who post content (not remarks...content) are saying is:

When something looks like a clock, ticks like a clock, but it doesn't tell the time, how useful is that for a clock?

Everyone can adapt to small changes. Bigger changes even, with some effort.
      The new graphics are a small change.
      The changes to the market and diplomacy and the forced coalitions were big changes, deeply (negatively) changing the way the game can be played.

But COW 1.5 is not 'a change' to COW 1.0.
      COW 1.5 is a new game which only looks like the old game.
      It is a clock that doesn't tell the time.

The post was edited 1 time, last by vonlettowvorbeck ().

• vonlettowvorbeck wrote:

Somanta wrote:

Now the new graphics....You have killed a good strategy game and have made a CoN for children. Congratulations. I'm out, there is no place in this new game for me.
      Bye.
      Att. Teniente Somanta.
      Another one. He ranked 450 or so. The entire top seems to be leaving.
      Must of us older players have or are leaving. A few of our old Discord haunts just shut down in this past week, and one of our last remaining popular RP haunts finally closed doors as well and moved on over to PP games instead.
    • vonlettowvorbeck wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

The change from 1.0 to 1.5 is just too big.
      No, Ryan, what Mongolian Hoard, Somanta, Pontus, Hans A. Pils, Restrisiko, Czar, and and and or approximately 99% of the posters who post content (not remarks...content) are saying is:
      When something looks like a clock, ticks like a clock, but it doesn't tell the time, how useful is that for a clock?

Everyone can adapt to small changes. Bigger changes even, with some effort.
      The new graphics are a small change.
      The changes to the market and diplomacy and the forced coalitions were big changes, deeply (negatively) changing the way the game can be played.

But COW 1.5 is not 'a change' to COW 1.0.
      COW 1.5 is a new game which only looks like the old game.
      It is a clock that doesn't tell the time.
      You mean that the changes is so big that it should not even be in the same game. I agree, but Bytro would rather have it here...
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader