The Sound of Call of War 1.5

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I've got no problems with the soundtrack, and even if you dislike the soundtrack you can disable it which is pretty nice. My problem is with the new unit-design, I honestly dislike them, probably because I've gotten used to the old design. Well, what I thought you guys could do to improve the update is to add the function of being able to enable/disable the design, just like what happened to the map design.
  • Games should all load again. During updates usually game rounds may not load for some minutes, sorry for that onconvenience.

Regarding the unit design: As you said it is about getting used to something. So after a week of playing with the new design you will have gotten used to it certainly. The new unit graphics are more realistic because they resemble faction specific models that were actually used in WW2.
  • Yeah, I've realised during the day that I'm getting more and more used to the new design, and I currently kind of like it because of as you said; the factions in the WW2. Though I think that players should be able to enable/disable it just like you can enable/disable the enhanced graphics. That would basically be good for everyone, the ones who like the new design can continue to use while the ones who dislikes it could return to use the old unit-design.
  • feedback.
    yes the day change clock change is much more fair.
    several suggestions for the icons.
    1.The Allied Arty and AT look very similar to the point of mistaking unit type unless you check carefully.
    2 The Planes wobble around now and makes me feel a bit motion sick.
    3 Planes also used to have a white line coming off their airfield so you could quickly check if an airfield had any planes out on mission but i cannot see that handy feature any more?
    Overall a nice touch of history added to the game with the more customised icons - thanks
  • The redesign of the units is fine.

But the units imho are not as crisp and easily discernible as the old versions.

It's the shading and lack of crisp sharp lines that makes figuring out what unit I am looking at (these are the small screens I'm referring to after already clicking on the unit).

It is taking three clicks to be able to get to the description which tells me what type of unit it is.

In particular it is the very light shading on the top left hand side of each unit (probably attempting to resemble the sun hitting the unit?) that makes it particularly difficult to make out which unit is which.

And the tan is too light to begin with.

Darker colors, crisper lines, remove the white light shade on the left.

Trying to be helpful but I am definitely not a graphics artist.

But someone who is should really take a look at it and figure out how to make it all pop a bit more than it does now.

Also is there a specific screen resolution that Bytro recommends to be used with the graphics?
    wb
  • Well we recommend using Full HD resolution.

We will discuss making some usability adjustments to the units to make them stand out better.

taylorwohlt wrote:

feedback.
    1.The Allied Arty and AT look very similar to the point of mistaking unit type unless you check carefully.
    3 Planes also used to have a white line coming off their airfield so you could quickly check if an airfield had any planes out on mission but i cannot see that handy feature any more?
    Overall a nice touch of history added to the game with the more customised icons - thanks
    1. we will discuss if we can adjust this.
    2. its intended, it resembles the air turbulences while flying and makes the game a bit more alive and less static.
    3. the white lines were a bug, which got fixed. You should see the movement arrows if you select an aircraft to see where it is coming from.
  • freezy wrote:

Well we recommend using Full HD resolution.

We will discuss making some usability adjustments to the units to make them stand out better.

taylorwohlt wrote:

feedback.
    1. we will discuss if we can adjust this.2. its intended, it resembles the air turbulences while flying and makes the game a bit more alive and less static.
    3. the white lines were a bug, which got fixed. You should see the movement arrows if you select an aircraft to see where it is coming from.
    I posted a thread about bug report and now gave you pic, hope you could solve it!
    BeaveRyan
    EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
  • Love the new units, but please do something for ships also. Don't left them behind.

The graphic in the big map I thnk still need improvement as it is now hard to see it except press the button in the panel. For example, the mountain area, we can see the shape of the mountain. The forest area, we can see tree.
    It would be nice something similar to "Heart of iron 4"
  • coolgame2019 wrote:

Love the new units, but please do something for ships also. Don't left them behind.

The graphic in the big map I thnk still need improvement as it is now hard to see it except press the button in the panel. For example, the mountain area, we can see the shape of the mountain. The forest area, we can see tree.
    It would be nice something similar to "Heart of iron 4"
    As many Bytro staff members say, they will eventually update all the units.
    BeaveRyan
    EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
  • Let's back to the topic-Sound

After played CoN. I guess CoW is a little bit outdate. It has 2 types of sound. One for standard situation: standing, moving; One for attacking. Same as the model skin, 2 types too.

This just a suggestion. Because I still think CoW is Call of War. No need to become the same shape like other Bytro games. CoW actually doing better on the balancing part...if really need to add something to game. Should add more history event to the newspaper. Makes players feel more like an actual leader.
  • freezy wrote:

We decided to upload the Soundtrack to a Youtube playlist, so you can listen to it or use it for CoW community projects

CoW Soundtrack playlist:
    youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCNAOWXfLfdyKBk9sEl8pUARIoueVH7Cq

If you like this style of music, there will also be one for Supremacy (our other franchise) coming soon, which has similar music just with some more WW1 flavour.
    Since our other games Supremacy 1 & Supremacy 1914 now received music in the game as well, I also wanted to share the playlist to their Official Soundtrack here for those of you who like this style of war themed music.

Supremacy 1 / Supremacy 1914 Soundtrack Playlist: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCNAOWXfLfdwISTKkODvNYYwApqbin8If

And as a reminder the Call of War Soundtrack Playlist: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCNAOWXfLfdyKBk9sEl8pUARIoueVH7Cq

Feel free to share.