Civilian Casaulties

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Civilian Casaulties

I know this idea's been proposed before, but I though it'd be better re-introduce it instead of necro a 4 year old topic.

The idea is pretty much self-explanatory. When you launch a rocket on a city or province, the news usually just states the damaged buildings and troop casualties, no one gives a s*** about the poor civilians who suffer the most in the process. Usually civilians are just there to state how big a city is, but civilians are the most important element in any war. Who do you think makes the shells for your artillery? where do you think you get all that metal from, I don't think oil produces itself. Who keeps you troops well-fed and happy? The poor farmer who's house just got destroyed by a rocket does. While people cry because their 50-troop stack got nuked, millions of civilians living in the same city probably died too, and somehow that doesn't affect the countries morale or how the A.I. looks at the terrible country that did it. My proposal is add morale penalties to a country based on their civilian death count. And decrease a countries popularity with the A.I. based on the amount of civilians they kill. The amount of civilians a unit kills should depend on their strategic (building-based) damage value. A level 1 infantry has a strategic value of 0.5, so normally it wouldn't kill as many civilians.Strategic bombers of the same level have a strategic value of 7, which means it kills three and a half times more civilians than infantry. A lvl. 2 rocket has a strategic value of 50, which means it would kill one hundred times more civilians than an infantry does. A nuclear rocket would kill 50% of the population. A.I. popularity would decrease the more civilians you kill. Let's for example image a scenario between France and Italy. France is winning the war and using rockets, while Italy is losing and is getting devastated by France's rocket barrages. France killed nearly 50,000 civilians in one huge barrage, Italy's morale is suffering due to the casualties while France hides the hideous act from their people (no morale penalty for them). France's neighboring country, Belgium, notices however, and attacks because France forgets to notice they're the most hated country by the A.I.
      "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

- Leading officer of the Training Alliance

The post was edited 5 times, last by Vamaw ().

• There is morale but I think this is a better idea. When civilians are hurt, they damage the morale, the buildings/slows down ONLY infantry/militia production because they are mainly made of civilians.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

There is morale but I think this is a better idea. When civilians are hurt, they damage the morale, the buildings/slows down ONLY infantry/militia production because they are mainly made of civilians.

I meant a morale penalty on all the countries provinces, which increases with more casualties, but lessens as time passes. And I don't see why only infantry and militia's production would be slowed down. I believe human workers have something to do with producing tanks and similar units, and they're civilians.
      "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

- Leading officer of the Training Alliance
    • Interestingly enough, its morale and popularity with AI will be affected by the deaths of civilians would give CoW new strategic modalities.

This would prevent you from prolonging a bloody war with an opponent, as both would end up killing a large number of civilians and both would be negatively affected by moral loss and popularity, as resource production would fall dramatically as the effect on your country could be general. In short, wars would have an equivalent dressing with our reality.
      But I think of this idea more as a tactic using espionage, sabotage spies could accomplish in the country where it is being targeted a way of declaring that the loss of sabotage was caused by the enemy himself, so his morale would be generally affected and obviously the target province would be the most affected.

A new kind of morals-based strategy would be created by introducing this idea into the game and that would make it more realistic.
      The point of this idea is that his concept may be deeper than you think. Interesting idea.