New Units: Light Tactical Bomber, Heavy Tactical Bomber, Dive Bomber, and Torpedo Bomber

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Units: Light Tactical Bomber, Heavy Tactical Bomber, Dive Bomber, and Torpedo Bomber

In WWII, there were 3 types of tactical bombers: light bombers, medium bombers, and heavy bombers. The light bombers did the least damage to land units out of these, and the heavy bombers did the most. The light bombers costed the least and the heavy bombers costed the most. Call of War only has 1 type of tactical bomber, and I suggest that the tactical bomber should be demolished and split into two new units, the light tactical bomber and heavy tactical bomber. As was in WWII, the light bombers will do lesser damage and cost less, and the heavy bombers will do more damage and cost more. Though it might not be possible in the game, perhaps the light bomber could do more damage to armored units, or a new bomber that was especially for destroying armored units could be added. There were indeed aircraft designed specifically for destroying tanks in WWII. Furthermore, there were many types of naval bombers in WWII, like dive bombers, torpedo bombers, and more. I can guess that it would take quite a bit of work to add these units, but it would really make the experience for new players better. The naval bomber could be demolished and replaced by the dive bomber and torpedo bomber. In the Battle of Midway, if the Americans only had torpedo bombers, they would have probably lost the battle, and the other way around as well. More units mean more possibilities and more strategies. Since Call of War is an ever-changing game, I figured it would be awesome to add these new aircraft!
    • Messerschmitt Plane wrote:

In WWII, there were 3 types of tactical bombers: light bombers, medium bombers, and heavy bombers. The light bombers did the least damage to land units out of these, and the heavy bombers did the most. The light bombers costed the least and the heavy bombers costed the most. Call of War only has 1 type of tactical bomber, and I suggest that the tactical bomber should be demolished and split into two new units, the light tactical bomber and heavy tactical bomber. As was in WWII, the light bombers will do lesser damage and cost less, and the heavy bombers will do more damage and cost more. Though it might not be possible in the game, perhaps the light bomber could do more damage to armored units, or a new bomber that was especially for destroying armored units could be added. There were indeed aircraft designed specifically for destroying tanks in WWII. Furthermore, there were many types of naval bombers in WWII, like dive bombers, torpedo bombers, and more. I can guess that it would take quite a bit of work to add these units, but it would really make the experience for new players better. The naval bomber could be demolished and replaced by the dive bomber and torpedo bomber. In the Battle of Midway, if the Americans only had torpedo bombers, they would have probably lost the battle, and the other way around as well. More units mean more possibilities and more strategies. Since Call of War is an ever-changing game, I figured it would be awesome to add these new aircraft!
      Actually it is a great idea. Other than the fact of having one big clump of words. They are kind of like tanks in there level. Yes naval bomber is too general and you need more specific ones. But when having 2 things that are similar to each other, can you tell the difference between the kinds of bombers. As well as stating examples of light/medium/heavy bomber? One thing I do not like is that Air units are not the main units in the game and I do not think having the light/medium/heavy will work. Although many will argue that they use planes a lot, I do not think you can crash land your plane to get a province...
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Greetings,

In fact I have been thinking about renaming the main technological branches of aviation, such as light aircraft, medium aircraft, heavy aircraft and naval aircraft, and in each technology contain more than one type of unit that fits the category.

But a detail of your idea, heavy bombers already exist as strategic bombers in the game, they are the same unit.

Within the category of light aircraft, the unit that is worth adding if or if would be the dive bombers, which as a main feature should be a lower range than tactical bombers, less life points, but a considerable increase in damage to armored

As a new candidate for the category of medium aircraft, it would incorporate heavy fighters, with greater range, greater cost, slight increase in damage to land units, but slightly less efficient in combat against air units (or another option would be, greater damage of attack but less of defense)

Naval bombers currently represent torpedo bombers, perhaps the only important detail here is that there are naval bombers of different sizes, as is the case of PBY Catalina, but these large naval bomber actually play a slightly different role, these act as naval patrol bombers, have a much higher operating range but do not usually carry torpedoes because of their difficulty of use for such a heavy aircraft, but instead carried deep bombs, effective against submarines.
      Make Chile Playable Again!
    • What will interceptor fit in? Light aircraft? This will be too confusing and general... I get what you mean but sometimes air units do not need to be that complicated. The most complicated that Call of War can possibly be is already stated. The one you are using is only logical to bombers.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

What will interceptor fit in? Light aircraft? This will be too confusing and general... I get what you mean but sometimes air units do not need to be that complicated. The most complicated that Call of War can possibly be is already stated. The one you are using is only logical to bombers.
      confused? lol !, dude, it's very simple:

Light aircraft technology:
      - interceptor / fighter
      - dive bomber

medium aircraft technology:
      - heavy fighter / attack aircraft
      - medium bomber (currently tactical bomber)

Heavy aircraft technology:
      - heavy bomber (currently strategic bomber)
      - air transport aircraft (mentioned in another thread)

naval bomber technology:
      - torpedo bomber
      - naval patrol bomber (only as a possibility)

The idea of renaming the technological branches would be to be able to implement more aircraft with well-defined roles but without the need to grow much more the amount of technologies that already exist.
      Make Chile Playable Again!
    • I definitely would like to see a variety of naval bombers. I'm not happy with the current stock, which reduces the attractiveness of getting aircraft carriers. The idea of a torpedo bomber, which would be useful to inflict damage in surface vessels, seems good to me ... :thumbup:
    • Some stats to give an Idea of this proposal would be interesting.

But if the difference between Light/Med/Heavy is insignificant... then what' the point of having more units within the same class that you need a magnifying glass to discern the differences.

How would this affect SBDE would I now be able to put a stack of Interceptors 5 each of the L/M/H, add to it TB's 5 each of L/M/H, for a Stack 5/5/5/5/5/5 and still be 100% SDBE on ALL these Interceptors and TB's... or would ALL Ints L/M/H be included in the limit of 5 before SBDE efficiency penalties kick in?

Would the Research Cost of Interceptors Change... It's impossible to research ALL Unit classes as is, by introducing 8 ? new units in the Air Branch alone, 3 new infantry types (in another post), a couple different marine units... and now the Tech Tree has +20 new units... and no changes in resources. If you Increase resource production, makes it that much easier to skip 19 of the new units and just take one from each class that works well....

And that means you've added 20 new units most of which no one is using anyway....

The Research/Unit-selection in 1.0 right now is balanced quite well.... just enough units and lack of RM's to make keeping a FEW branches of the Research Tree fully researched, making those units valuable, while those "would be nice to have" units are treats when you get them.

Messing up that balance would be harmful to overall feel.

This Idea needs a lot of info currently missing since it's addition would have such far reaching effects on current Combat/Income/Research Balance.
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"

The post was edited 1 time, last by OneNutSquirrel ().