Announcement Release Notes - 2019-11-27

    • freezy wrote:

      The white outlines in the army bar image is intentional, it's like a small glow.
      It's the white outline that blends too much into the background and which makes what should be the distinguishable features of each well detailed figure much less than distinguishable.

      A crisp black line for the details and then the white outline would be much better imho
      wb
    • Michael Myres wrote:

      I can see every single unit clearly and i can tell what every unit is even sitting across my room idk how ya'll cant see doesn't make any sense but i sure as hell want the rest of these units get the update it looks yum yum
      I can see any unit too but say clearly what is what? me and normal ppl , who do not suffer of autism , need to check the stats to say which is light tank and which is medium.. anyway it doesnt matter now im used to check the stats but still the work they did is very bad..
    • Why do I have mixed old and new version of the tank? When facing this angle only
      Images
      • Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 9.39.46 AM.png

        47.64 kB, 182×134, viewed 102 times
      Ryan
      EN Forum Member
      Call of War Technician Fourth Grade
      Forum Lieutenant Colonel
      Training Alliance Leader


      It is almost Christmas! Hooray!
      "Truce happened during Christmas between the Germans and the British units, how is THAT believable?"
      -American Soldier
    • As well as the line that indicates the unit is here. it seems weird and confusing. The unit alignment should be kept the same.
      Images
      • Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 9.57.36 AM.png

        184.31 kB, 430×278, viewed 5 times
      Ryan
      EN Forum Member
      Call of War Technician Fourth Grade
      Forum Lieutenant Colonel
      Training Alliance Leader


      It is almost Christmas! Hooray!
      "Truce happened during Christmas between the Germans and the British units, how is THAT believable?"
      -American Soldier
    • New

      Ryan04px2025 wrote:

      Why do I have mixed old and new version of the tank? When facing this angle only
      Please clear your browser cache or app cache, that should fix it then.

      Buttery_Pretzel wrote:

      Italy still has German units...is this intentional?
      Yes, we never had an Italian skin. Unfortunately it is too expensive to make skins for all countries.

      Ryan04px2025 wrote:

      As well as the line that indicates the unit is here. it seems weird and confusing. The unit alignment should be kept the same.
      Not sure what you mean. The white line shows you where the exact position of the unit is, a feature that is liked by quite many. Sometimes there is not enough space to paint the image exactly on the road, that's when the image gets pushed out and the line shows where it belongs. It really depends on how many other images are in the vicinity.
    • New

      New skin isn't expensive, but will affect game performance. So, I still think devs should start with replacing pictures and description. Like, springfire with American fighter model.

      Difficult to find the units. Because you select more divisions into one place. Especially during the combat. After this update, I selected my airplanes to attack transport ships whose are fighting my transport ships. Then airplanes will select the sea path to attack them! I can only use patrol to kill them. This was happening on my mobile version.
    • New

      freezy wrote:

      Ryan04px2025 wrote:

      Why do I have mixed old and new version of the tank? When facing this angle only
      Please clear your browser cache or app cache, that should fix it then.Yes, we never had an Italian skin. Unfortunately it is too expensive to make skins for all countries.

      Ryan04px2025 wrote:

      As well as the line that indicates the unit is here. it seems weird and confusing. The unit alignment should be kept the same.
      Not sure what you mean. The white line shows you where the exact position of the unit is, a feature that is liked by quite many. Sometimes there is not enough space to paint the image exactly on the road, that's when the image gets pushed out and the line shows where it belongs. It really depends on how many other images are in the vicinity.
      No, it does not work. I have reported this to you in another post here in the forum. The old and new version tank is only for the heavy tank unit. It happens only when facing South-East. All the other angle of that unit is OK. Should I submit bug report to have someone look at it?



      What I am saying is that the white line is really weird but I still do not get what you changed in the update. Did you add the white line? Or did you change the entire positioning system.
      Ryan
      EN Forum Member
      Call of War Technician Fourth Grade
      Forum Lieutenant Colonel
      Training Alliance Leader


      It is almost Christmas! Hooray!
      "Truce happened during Christmas between the Germans and the British units, how is THAT believable?"
      -American Soldier
    • New

      Ryan04px2025 wrote:

      No, it does not work. I have reported this to you in another post here in the forum. The old and new version tank is only for the heavy tank unit. It happens only when facing South-East. All the other angle of that unit is OK. Should I submit bug report to have someone look at it?


      What I am saying is that the white line is really weird but I still do not get what you changed in the update. Did you add the white line? Or did you change the entire positioning system.
      I commented on your thread again, let's discuss that topic there.

      The white line is not new, it just changed a bit when it is displayed because of the new positioning system, which pushes unit images more far apart from eachother so that we have less overlaps in crowded areas. The white line is there to show the actual unit position on the map.

      gusv wrote:

      Overall, I'm satisfied with the last release. However, it did not remove trade restrictions outside coalitions ... I vote for the removal of trade outside coalitions as the worst mod of the year ...
      Was not meant to be part of the last release. But soon...
    • New

      Sorry for the off-topic but I can't help it.

      We had 460 replies for the updates and I believe only 15-20 were made by the Bytro team about them. That topic was just a read material ? Something that you read before bed ? I say this because on the design , the game designer has a lot to say . This is the most important think always to reply ? On how the tank looks ? Freezy you are among that are in top of the chain at Bytro and it seems that what is important to you is to have players say that the design is nice now and they approve it .

      In my opinion because you had a lot of players old/new write in that update topic to post a message that their words will be take into consideration, not apply but something that you (and the Bytro team) will take into consideration because you saw how argued the 1.5 update was and bad in my opinion. I feel that is a bit of pride from your part to reply more to posts that are agreeing and with posts that fit right just your ally ( what the Sherman tank looks like) .

      Thank you and I wish for everyone to have great battles further on.
    • New

      Newbss wrote:

      Sorry for the off-topic but I can't help it.

      We had 460 replies for the updates and I believe only 15-20 were made by the Bytro team about them. That topic was just a read material ? Something that you read before bed ? I say this because on the design , the game designer has a lot to say . This is the most important think always to reply ? On how the tank looks ? Freezy you are among that are in top of the chain at Bytro and it seems that what is important to you is to have players say that the design is nice now and they approve it .

      In my opinion because you had a lot of players old/new write in that update topic to post a message that their words will be take into consideration, not apply but something that you (and the Bytro team) will take into consideration because you saw how argued the 1.5 update was and bad in my opinion. I feel that is a bit of pride from your part to reply more to posts that are agreeing and with posts that fit right just your ally ( what the Sherman tank looks like) .

      Thank you and I wish for everyone to have great battles further on.
      @Newbss Though the grammar and structure of your comment take some creativity to understand it well, you are right.
      Reactions and likes by staff are given largely on favorable posts, while even well founded and constructive criticism (which is simply always the more valuable feed-back compared to the comments of 'Yay-sayers' and 'pleasers') goes without.
      It also seems more emphasis is placed on how things are said, than that is considered what is said.

      Unarguably, the criticism on the changes since the 'Market Overhaul et al.' and 1.5 is enormous.

      Seasoned players are even leaving the game because of it.
      I just saw the Farewell note of Pontus on a different server (I wonder why he left us in the dark on this server?) and can't help but notice that many other regular posters have recently disappeared recently, which might mean that the have given up on the game and Bytro.

      And I can't help, but understand them, because important questions and issues posted go basically ignored, such as there have been in various threads:

      - will the Market Overhaul be reverted?
      - will the Diplomatic Features be restored, like trade between nations without being forced into a coalition?
      - will HC Fire Settings be restored?

      and most importantly:
      - will COW 1.0 cease to exist after release of COW 1.5?

      A very simple response, quoting the question followed by a 'Yes' or 'No', would be sufficient to stop the anxiety over these subjects, which each have a caused a storm of protest!

      Further, if COW 1.5 is going to replace COW 1.0:
      - how is COW 1.5 addressing the real problems of large scale inactivity and low player retention (= reducing income for Bytro & reducing fun for players)?

      Notably, good suggestions have been made, which address these core issues in a much better way than replacing COW 1.0 with COW 1.5.

      But it seems that, because these questions and suggestions entail some form of criticism by their nature, they have to go unanswered.
      But what does that do?
      That results only in growing anxiety over the issues. It results in growing distrust. And it displays a gross disrespect for those many - often long term - players.

      I hope I do not need to spell out that not responding to unfavorable comments and/or questions and/or suggestions, is counter-productive, no matter which industry you are in.

      Transparency goes a long way.

      VLV

      __________________
      On a side note:
      - Criticism is not the same as blaming.
      - Leaders who cannot handle criticism are bound to fail.
      - Any complaint should be considered a gift from heaven, because it gives you opportunity to prove or improve yourself, your product and your business.

      The post was edited 3 times, last by vonlettowvorbeck ().