The "x-factor" needs to be toned down or more clearly explained

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The "x-factor" needs to be toned down or more clearly explained

As the title states, I think the x-factor needs to be toned down. Don't get me wrong it's a necessary feature but at the moment it carries too much weight, especially in fights between smaller forces. Just right now in a game I had two stationary medium tanks (lvl 5) and an enemy AT (lvl 1) started attacking. Somehow the AT damaged 6 hitpoints on my medium tanks, while my medium tanks only did 3 hit points on the AT! How is this even possible? The AT even damaged my tanks more than they were supposed to since the maximum damage from an attacking lvl 1 AT is 3.5! Seriously, the X-factor is a complete mystery to me.
    • There are a lot of things at work, including the terrain which can affect unit strength and hitpoints.

Also remember that there is likely an attack cycle for each group of units, and all the groups will return fire using the defensive stats each and every time they are attacked. This can lead to additional damage done per combat cycle.

From your description you were attacked, and your tanks defended, and then you counter attacked and the AT defended. Seems like a fairly normal exchange to me.

You should read the pinned post about the X factor, and in particular pay attention to the math equations posted by game designer Freezy.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<