I would like to offer two suggestions, I have not seen them in the forum ,

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I would like to offer two suggestions, I have not seen them in the forum ,

I would like to the see the capture of enemy planes and troops to be converted into my military. If I plan an attack and capture fighter and bombers, I should receive the reward of those planes.

The second suggestion in governor houses. In history, conquering force would set up the local government or colonization of the conquered area. I believe that we should have X number of Governing House/Regional Capitals depending on the size. The benifit is to boost morale and production in location far from the Capital.

In both suggestions, there should a cost of resources for each capital and for the retraining development of captured P.O.W.'s.

let me offer a third suggestion also. That is a index of all the units its in the individual's military. Maybe a seperate tab that list the units and their locations. It is difficult to keep track of large number of units, especially, when that number gets to be 300-400 spread across a large map. 8)
    • SShawk1 wrote:

let me offer a third suggestion also. That is a index of all the units its in the individual's military. Maybe a seperate tab that list the units and their locations. It is difficult to keep track of large number of units, especially, when that number gets to be 300-400 spread across a large map. 8)
      There are many a way to keep track of units, some are premium (High Command options) but most are available to all (PC, mobile has limited functionality in this)

To begin.. what kind of "Search/Select" options are you looking for?

-Scroll through each individual stack? = <- and -> keys
      -By Location - Right Click and draw a Shade Circle = all units in shade are selected for orders or "SPLIT" to isolate more specific units
      -High Command lets you organize your provinces by Continent for "Local" building/production, that's the ONLY thing I missed when the free HC expired
      -Double Right Click on a stack selects ALL unit types in that stack in the area to be selected

Plenty of options....

Say I'm fighting in Middle east... I zoom out and circle the area around target, and immediately see what units are stationed locally...

A list of units similar to List of Provinces, I'm not sure what usefulness that would provide above "that'd be nice to have" that game is currently missing.
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"
    • I play exclusively on mobile as that is the only platform available for me, so I have none of the pc options.
      For example, mid/late game especially, I need to see if I have any aircraft to reinforce other air losses, I have to search the map to find them or even see if there are any to find. I’ve lost a battle and then realize I did have planes hiding behind the city name tag. Could have used those planes when it counted.
      There are also times when units like artillery or commandos accidentally get stacked when they aren’t meant to, then again, you have to search for them.
      There are several other scenarios in which the unit index would be useful. There have been quite a few times I found myself wishing for it.
      Save the goldfish! They need your help! Goldfish are trapped in small bowls all across the globe!
    • 1. I can agree with capturing and converting planes and tanks, but not infantry. Enemy soldiers in war were usually taken to a POW (Prisoner of War) camp and were only released after the war finished (or if the enemy captures that POW camp). But if I remember correctly, Japan was the only country in WWII who turned captured soldiers into their own.

2. Agreed
    • The suggested ability for a unit such as commandoes to commandeer unattended ships, vehicles, or planes has been suggested before.

An order of battle menu is likewise one of the items that I have requested most, in addition to others. Good rundown of alternate methods by ONS above.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • SShawk1 wrote:

I would like to the see the capture of enemy planes and troops to be converted into my military. If I plan an attack and capture fighter and bombers, I should receive the reward of those planes.

The problem is, you can't beat an enemy airplane by capturing it, you shoot it down. I wouldn't expect an enemy to surrender after killing off their countrymen, taking their provinces and hitting their cities with rockets. And I don't think that communicating with enemy bombers and forcing them to land was possible back in WW2. If they were tanks, vehicles or other land based units (like artillery and Anti-air) then maybe, but your troops are more likely to blow them up instead of capture them.

SShawk1 wrote:

The second suggestion in governor houses. In history, conquering force would set up the local government or colonization of the conquered area. I believe that we should have X number of Governing House/Regional Capitals depending on the size. The benifit is to boost morale and production in location far from the Capital.

Maybe, but I think the penalty for attacking provinces far from you capital is good. For instance, it's the only thing keeping America from pillaging my cities in Australia.

SShawk1 wrote:

While there is the right click feature, I don't think mobile has it. But I don't think it'd hurt to make a little tab listing our regiments and their locations (even though I'd find no use for it at all).
      "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

- Leading officer of the Training Alliance
    • In WWII (unlike Eastwood in Firefox) the aim of attacking Air Bases was to blow up the planes, fuel dumps and anything else quickly then high tail it outta there as fast as possible. They didn't take trained pilots with them to fly them out. Pilots were in short supply, so unless you could break into a PoW camp and release the captured Aircrew (downed Pilots etc), who is going to fly the planes?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Steve_The_Tyke ().

• There are photo's of Japan flying 3 US bombers they captured in the Philippines.

Anyone know of any other instance where something significant was commandeered?

It would seem a silly thing to add all that coding work to add a feature representing something that was irrelevant during the war.
    • Steve_The_Tyke wrote:

In WWII (unlike Eastwood in Firefox) the aim of attacking Air Bases was to blow up the planes, fuel dumps and anything else quickly then high tail it outta there as fast as possible. They didn't take trained pilots with them to fly them out. Pilots were in short supply, so unless you could break into a PoW camp and release the captured Aircrew, who is going to fly the planes?
      Sorry, I am not sure what you mean. Capture so they belong to you???
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • The main aim of attacking enemy airfields was to deny them the use of their aircraft by destroying them, the fuel dump and associated infrastructure. Likewise, if your airfield was about to be overrun, you flew the planes out (if they had the range) or destroyed them yourself to deny them use by enemy and stop them gaining insights into Radar, Sonar, etc...
    • Though this seems a tactic more often employed recently (middle east wars since the Gulf War), the entire "support" infrastructure was quite different even from what we see in game.

Industrial Complexes did NOT just pop up in captured territory allowing victor to train infantry divisions and build Armour units in foreign territory. Not one of the 5 main WWII powers had manufacturing facilities build overseas during the war. It was ALL build in Core... then sent to the front.

How does this fit in to Capturing.... Well capturing a Weapon Platform, which uses different parts, different munitions, and might require training to use and different tools to fix than existing inventory... would be quite difficult to incorporate into existing forces. When you have 100 tanks and one gets shot up... you can still strip it for parts to use on the other 99. When you have 1 unique airplane... all you can use it for is study and reverse engineer the tech... maybe you can incorporate it into your future designs.

If anything... "Capturing" units would not provide you additional units of that class... but might provide you free Tech value to improve your existing equipment.

If some sort of "Capturing" units resulted in Tech Research time boost for any ongoing research, now that might be worth pursuing.