New Feature: Building and Destroying Cities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Feature: Building and Destroying Cities

As of right now, Call of War does not feature building cities, the provinces with the square buildings graphics surrounding it that have industrial complexes at the start of the game. Building cities is possible in real life though, as new cities are being constructed every few years or decades. Building new cities will automatically increase resource production (including manpower and money) and for provinces that do not already have resource production, you get to choose one or have the game randomly pick one. This will be different from building an industrial complex because building industrial complexes only increase resource production and allow the production of units other than militia. Cities that are constructed will also automatically have victory points depending on its location. These cities should also be named by the players, making the game more interesting. Of course, building a city should cost a humungous amount of resources. Along with this feature, destroying cities should also be added, so that if an enemy is approaching your city and you do not want the enemy to get its benefits, you can destroy the city, similar to how the Soviets stripped their land of all the crops and stuff during the German advance. With these new features, new strategies will be developed, the game will be much more interesting.
    • Messerschmitt Plane wrote:

As of right now, Call of War does not feature building cities, the provinces with the square buildings graphics surrounding it that have industrial complexes at the start of the game. Building cities is possible in real life though, as new cities are being constructed every few years or decades. Building new cities will automatically increase resource production (including manpower and money) and for provinces that do not already have resource production, you get to choose one or have the game randomly pick one.
      Sounds like the old Sid Myers Civilization 2 I used to play about 20 years ago- the timeframe been from 4,000 B.C. to the present. In the case of CoW, it looks to me that it's essentially a WW2 game- timeframe from 1939 to 1945 ... 8)
    • gusv is right. But playing CoW. Developed economy is turely bored. You level up industry and increase resource produce rate. Then there's nothing after.

You may said this is a war game. But you playing peace or role playing. It's really a little boring.

Maybe add a flame animate to show province is under attack. Instead of only Smoke when occupy the province.

It may be a good starting?
    • I would personally like to see the ability of annexation. I know it’s been posted before, but it seems that you should be able to annex occupied territory once the war ends with the nation either by war or diplomacy.
      Save the goldfish! They need your help! Goldfish are trapped in small bowls all across the globe!