Elite AI Wastes Money & Resources on Infrastructure Rather than Building Units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Elite AI Wastes Money & Resources on Infrastructure Rather than Building Units

I realize (recently read in the forum - I believe) that the Elite AI is being looked at for "tweaks".

In two Version 1.5 games I have watched the AI immediately spend all the money and resources on building infrastructure as soon as the player leaves the game.

Once I personally experienced it (I missed checking in on time) and the other I read in the newspaper the next day after a person left the game.

You can tell of course by reading that 5 or 8 provinces all received infrastructure upgrades at the same time.

Sure when infrastructure upgrades use to increase resource production, maybe this elite AI programming made a little bit of sense. But now, well it makes the Elite AI look rather um how shall I say it - dumb?

Also the Elite AI air attacks need to be improved. A plane attacks once and then keeps going to the same location rather than moving elsewhere making it a sitting duck to shoot down. It doesn't even know to stop when it has finished the job.

More effective would be to have the AI assess the resource / building / research allocations of the player who quit and then just produce the same units in a sequential pattern (going from foundry to plant to barracks, etc.).

Most likely this would be too complicated to do programming wise, but anything better than infrastructure would be a nice improvement.

Maybe this is just a version 1.5 issue?
      wb

The post was edited 1 time, last by white bird: Edit 1 - added the words "use to" in 5th sentence. ().

• Well these are Version 1.5 games and infrastructure provides nothing but a slight morale boost.

No resource production increase whatsoever.

I will go edit the post to make sure that is more clearly stated.

Thank you for pointing that out.

Hmmm - second sentence states it quite clearly. No need to edit.

I did clarify the 5th sentence a little bit.

So maybe it is only a Version 1.5 situation.

AI should be reprogrammed instead to buy the next level of IC in urban areas or in the provinces where resources are available.

Maybe I should post this in the Version 1.5 thread so as not be confused with regular posts?

Not sure if I can can delete this thread?

Maybe a moderator can?
      wb

The post was edited 1 time, last by white bird: Edit 1 - added 6th sentence ().

• Certainly the AI will have to be adjusted for the 1.5 balancing. As the 1.5 is only going to be events for a while I am not sure if it can be a separate AI routine for 1.5 games or not
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<