More Penalties

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • More Penalties

      Ever notice that suggestions posted on the EN forum are NEVER implemented?
      But those beggars on the DE, ES and PT servers get immediate fulfillment of their requests for Naval Blockades, high market tax rates, drastic restrictions on trading resources and units, reduced maps available (even to paying members of the HC), and, worst of all, charging grain instead of rare materials for research.
      There might be an upside to this obvious bias, however. I submit the following suggestions, knowing full well they will NOT be accepted, since they have been submitted by a member of the EN forum.
      Assassination – Sometime between day 10 and day 30, on every map, one country, chosen at random, has the leader assassinated. This results in an instant drop in morale to 50% in all provinces.
      Desertion – This bonus is available only to members of the leading coalition, and only after said coalition has reached 75% of the required victory points. At that point 50% of all units belonging to every member disappears. [this was tested a few months back on FP, but the desertion rate was set to 100%]
      Civil War– This feature applies only to the solo leader on any map. The precise day before the required victory conditions are met, ALL troops still stationed in home provinces declare independence, take over all cities, buildings and burn the capitol to the ground.
    • Assassination - The player is the leader of their country, so if the country selected for assassination was a country controlled by an active player, doesn't mean that player is "dead" and out of the game?

      Desertion - Why are you punishing players who are successful at the game? This is a war game, you know

      Civil War - Again, why punish those who worked so hard to win?
    • Civil war is punishing all of those who work hard to win. We already have morale to handle, we don't need civil war. Plus, I did see a few things implemented to the game in the EN server. I think the EN server itself is a very interactive and interesting place. Also, if I assassinate you in day 30 after almost winning the map, what do you think? It is basically a random draw of kicking someone out and lowering their morale when they are dead...
      Ryan
      EN/ES/FR Forum Member
      Call of War Technician Fourth Grade
      Forum Lieutenant General
      Training Alliance Leader
    • cycle9 wrote:

      Ever notice that suggestions posted on the EN forum are NEVER implemented?
      But those beggars on the DE, ES and PT servers get immediate fulfillment of their requests ....
      Surely the biggest lie I have read in this forum, I am from the Spanish forum and I can assure you that our forum is more inactive than the games after day 4. (and that's why I'm here)


      cycle9 wrote:



      Assassination – Sometime between day 10 and day 30, on every map, one country, chosen at random, has the leader assassinated. This results in an instant drop in morale to 50% in all provinces.
      I don't find any sense in this ... if the idea was to generate random events to make the games more dynamic, this would definitely not be one of them.


      cycle9 wrote:

      Desertion – This bonus is available only to members of the leading coalition, and only after said coalition has reached 75% of the required victory points. At that point 50% of all units belonging to every member disappears. [this was tested a few months back on FP, but the desertion rate was set to 100%]
      I insist, what is the great idea is this? lengthen more the games? When they are already tedious because they are full of inactive and usually take more than a month ?, please forget this idea.


      cycle9 wrote:

      Civil War– This feature applies only to the solo leader on any map. The precise day before the required victory conditions are met, ALL troops still stationed in home provinces declare independence, take over all cities, buildings and burn the capitol to the ground.
      Maybe here I can see a tiny good idea, but it is totally wrong as you mention it.
      This should be a punishment for those who let their countries fall into inactivity, when players fall into inactivity the opposition faction managed by the AI should appear controlling 50% of the territory and the forces of the country, and that the order is reestablished once the player returns (in which all the troops return to the control of the player) or the AI troops defeat those of the player (the player would be totally eliminated from that game)
      Make Chile Playable Again!
    • Dinkleburg441 wrote:

      It's honestly outrageous our righteous demands are never met. I'll add another really cool idea to your list, which is make every country with German textures get a 100% combat bonus because Germany is the coolest and bestest.
      You don't make a country strong just because it is cool and the best for you
      Ryan
      EN/ES/FR Forum Member
      Call of War Technician Fourth Grade
      Forum Lieutenant General
      Training Alliance Leader
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

      Dinkleburg441 wrote:

      It's honestly outrageous our righteous demands are never met. I'll add another really cool idea to your list, which is make every country with German textures get a 100% combat bonus because Germany is the coolest and bestest.
      You don't make a country strong just because it is cool and the best for you
      He is being sarcastic dude, even with my imperfect understanding of english I can understand that xd
      Make Chile Playable Again!
    • OK @cycle9, we see your sarcasm, but what makes you think the changes you criticized in your original post came from other forums and not from Bytro themselves?
      I can tell that much: From the German forum they didn't come. German forum is dead anyway... the only few remaining active members there have an IQ below acceptable level and produce "discussions" that nobody can take seriously. Really, makes your head hurt. Which is why I'm here.

      About your criticism in detail:
      * Naval blockades: Yes, changes to the fire control mechanics were bad. I think I read they'll soon be reverted.
      * Drastic restrictions on trading resources: Was done for a reason, but indeed that reason can clearly not outweigh the giant disadvantages. Anyhow - has been reverted, so R.I.P..
      * High market tax rates: Has been a major bummer in combination with the above, but since that was reverted isn't a problem any more in my opinion - can stay.
      * Drastic restrictions on trading units: Have been implemented to make circumventing SBDE with units of different level in same stack impossible. Hard to tell whether that positive effect is bigger than the disadvantages. Probably rather not, but nothing that keeps me awake at night - can stay until SBDE calculation principle is changed.
      * charging grain instead of rare materials for research: Instead of goods, you mean? This I see as neither positive nor negative. The average amount of food in the game didn't change. You now have less food surplus in early game (because the amount of resources needed for research has a low progression) and less food trouble in late game (because you don't have to spend so much on province upkeep any more). So from gameplay perspective, this made the game more balanced. On the other hand, it slightly reduces realism, because in reality armies developed from infantry focus to more and more mechanization during the 1930s/1940s.
    • I admit that I have not played many games... but the ones I've played I've managed to do well. As I started into this "suggestion"... this is how it came across.

      Suggestion 1
      After game day 10, a random player should get kicked in the glands.

      Suggestion 2
      Anyone who plays well should get kicked in the glands.

      Suggestion 3
      Everyone who plays well and manages to work together and is well on their way to winning a round... should collectively be kicked in the glands.

      I don't get it.
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"