Resource Trading Returns

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Resource Trading Returns

Attention, Generals!

In September we released a major market overhaul in Call of War, which removed resource trading between players that are not members of the same coalition or team. Since the implementation we carefully analyzed the effects of said changes on game rounds and user experience.

We saw that the changes indeed helped balance allocation of resources among players in game rounds, showed positive effects in terms of account pushing and made it harder for players to betray their coalition by gifting resources to enemy countries. The magnitude of these effects was smaller than we expected though.

Due to the great amount of your feedback that expressed how much ressource trading was missed in game rounds, we have come to the conclusion that the positive effects of the removal do not outweigh the negative effects on game and player experience. We want Call of War to be fun and a great experience for our players. Therefore we will enable resource trading between all players in a game round with our next release again.

We hope you enjoy this change and that it helps leading your troops to victory!

Your Bytro Team
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • Just the right time to log into Call of War forum! Great job Bytro team! Thank you for understanding player viewpoints! I find it really wrong when other players say that the Bytro staff never cares about the players opinion. Once again, thank you!
      Ryan
      EN/ES/IT Forum Member
      Call of War Technician Fourth Grade
      Forum Brigadier General
      Training Alliance Leader
      Clash of Nation &Supremacy 1914 Forum Member
      Lance Corporal Supremacy
      Bytro/Dorado Fan

Taking over the forum each post!

It is almost Christmas! Hooray!
      "Truce happened during Christmas between the Germans and the British units, how is THAT believable?"
      -American Soldier
    • Zippofish wrote:

I started playing right about the time the resource trading stopped. So for me it will be something new, I’m excited for the re-enabled trade function.
      Well, you would like the old days. My brother played it and when I told him the trade restriction, he freaked out. Maybe he will play COW again someday...
      Ryan
      EN/ES/IT Forum Member
      Forum Brigadier General
      Training Alliance Leader
      Lance Corporal Supremacy
      Bytro/Dorado Fan

"Truce happened during Christmas between the Germans and the British units, how is THAT believable?"
      -American Soldier
    • Arcorian wrote:

Attention, Generals!

In September we released a major market overhaul in Call of War, which removed resource trading between players that are not members of the same coalition or team. Since the implementation we carefully analyzed the effects of said changes on game rounds and user experience.

We saw that the changes indeed helped balance allocation of resources among players in game rounds, showed positive effects in terms of account pushing and made it harder for players to betray their coalition by gifting resources to enemy countries. The magnitude of these effects was smaller than we expected though.

Due to the great amount of your feedback that expressed how much ressource trading was missed in game rounds, we have come to the conclusion that the positive effects of the removal do not outweigh the negative effects on game and player experience. We want Call of War to be fun and a great experience for our players. Therefore we will enable resource trading between all players in a game round with our next release again.

We hope you enjoy this change and that it helps leading your troops to victory!

Your Bytro Team
      Happy to see it back :)
    • NoodleBurger wrote:

Let's hope that trading armies returns too in following updates.
      In the event that the trading armies feature return, I would not mind the restriction here to limit this to coalition allies only ... The only time that I used this feature extensively was on a game in the 39 map, where by mid-game my Manchurian ally was cash rich (took over most of Siberian Russia) but resource poor. So, I recall selling him 1-2 LT's per day to strengthen his army ... 8)
    • NoodleBurger wrote:

IDK that would be accurate historically though.
      The game isn’t really historical at all. Made up nations, all countries having the same troops (aside from the visuals), resource distribution, the current trade system, Germany isn’t even allowed to be what it was. Aside from the majority of national borders (some maps not even being correct) and from the idea that it is supposed to be WWII, historical accuracy is out the window. I’d see no issue with the game taking more liberties on gameplay that it already has.
      Save the goldfish! They need your help! Goldfish are trapped in small bowls all across the globe!
    • NoodleBurger wrote:

Woohoo!

Let's hope that trading armies returns too in following updates.

This features also being 'missed' by the community.
      I will be asking for that!
      Ryan
      EN/ES/IT Forum Member
      Forum Brigadier General
      Training Alliance Leader
      Lance Corporal Supremacy
      Bytro/Dorado Fan

-American Soldier