Artillery is Underrated

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Artillery is Underrated

I feel like artillery as a whole is extremely underrated. There were certain battles where I barely won due to artillery support.

In my current American Homefront game, I'm Florida in a battle against South Carolina. My troops were severely outnumbered by their troops, but I had more artillery than they did, and I bombarded their units until my infantry could finish them off
    • I agree, I usually destroy most of the enemy with artillery before my stacks even reach them. I don’t have much issue with the artillery following the front units. I generally command the front troops to stop short of the target and let the artillery do the heavy work, then move the front in to capture the province/city. SP artillery makes it even easier to follow the front. But generally I stick with the normal artillery.
      Save the goldfish! They need your help! Goldfish are trapped in small bowls all across the globe!
    • But when you are not around, you selected 2 targets for the infantries, your artillery can only help destroy the first. Their add target doesn't work. If you use that, they just go all the way to frontline which will ultimately kill your artillery.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • I put my artillery behind my stack, so when that happens, both armies would eventually hit the stack and the artillery still adds extra damage from behind. Usually the only thing that destroys my artillery is if they send enough bombers to wipe them and the AA out while I sleep
      Save the goldfish! They need your help! Goldfish are trapped in small bowls all across the globe!
    • artilery, anti tank, anti air put 5 of each in same stack with light tanks to take provinces quickly and there is almost no battle you can not win.

increase stack size the bigger you become to make them almost impossible to kill or keep them small for maximum dmg efficiency and attack on a large front. they are just ideal and at the end only seasoned players can defeat it or just spam nukes on them
    • Zippofish wrote:

I put my artillery behind my stack, so when that happens, both armies would eventually hit the stack and the artillery still adds extra damage from behind. Usually the only thing that destroys my artillery is if they send enough bombers to wipe them and the AA out while I sleep
      Early in the game that seems to be the best approach ... Later in the game, when you have more quantity and diversity in a stack, they can be part of the stack ... By then, you may have SP's ... :thumbup:
    • Zippofish wrote:

I don’t use sp artillery. I find as long as I protect my artillery with AA, I don’t have an issue with the tactic from beginning to end.
      Sounds good to me, but in the last few games I have been playing in the historical 39 map. Sometimes I'll pair LT's with a SP artillery to finish conquests of vast stretches of land- Russia, China, India, British or French Africa, North America, Australia, etc ...
    • I’ve found that for me slower is better. When I try to blitz I always have troops slipping between my lines. Slow and steady wins my race.
      But yes, I do use armored forces, with the exception of the artillery.