Water supply/resource idea

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Valewonca034 wrote:

It's a good idea, realistic, but I think they should implement rivers first.
      Yes, the maps here need to add a lot of details to have rivers and other things which I think would be another COW 1.5 type of thing.

KrestelGaming wrote:

Maybe add Desalination Plants as a building in costal provinces, which turns saltwater into freshwater in exchange for daily money and maybe oil upkeep costs
      Would this make the game more confusing as said here?

killingone wrote:

why do you want to make an already complex and difficult to handle resource system even more complex. Anyhow i think that yea there should be something new like that
      As he said, I am interested in having this... But I think you can make this resource more basic in how to obtain it.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Valewonca034 wrote:

It's a good idea, realistic, but I think they should implement rivers first.
      Yes, the maps here need to add a lot of details to have rivers and other things which I think would be another COW 1.5 type of thing.

KrestelGaming wrote:

Maybe add Desalination Plants as a building in costal provinces, which turns saltwater into freshwater in exchange for daily money and maybe oil upkeep costs
      Would this make the game more confusing as said here?

killingone wrote:

why do you want to make an already complex and difficult to handle resource system even more complex. Anyhow i think that yea there should be something new like that
      As he said, I am interested in having this... But I think you can make this resource more basic in how to obtain it.
      No it wouldn't. A simple and realistic concept wouldn't do any harm to the game :D
    • Water supply/resource idea

We all know the basic resources, food, oil, rare minerals and etc. Each nation has a province or city that has the exploitable resource. One resource I thought about while in the shower was well water. Water, H20 , what ever you want to call it the thing that keeps us alive and makes up to 70% of our body. So could these resource be useful, well yes I believe. Taking a clean water supply from a nation could be blow to moral and decrease man power for each province as there aren’t enough people because they are dying of unclean water or no water. Water supply could be shown near a small lake or river( means rivers would have to be in game).
    • Clean water supply

Clean Water supply/resource idea

We all know the basic resources, food, oil, rare minerals and etc. Each nation has a province or city that has the exploitable resource. One resource I thought about while in the shower was well water. Water, H20 , what ever you want to call it the thing that keeps us alive and makes up to 70% of our body. So could these resource be useful, well yes I believe. Taking a clean water supply from a nation could be blow to moral and decrease man power for each province as there aren’t enough people because they are dying of unclean water or no water. Water supply could be shown near a small lake or river( means rivers would have to be in game). A new building such as a water purifier could increase the clean water supply and as your population grows ( similar to food) the water demand becomes higher.
      The war aspect:
      I mentioned how it could be weaponized to your enemy or your advantage, taking a water supply with paratroopers or destroying the purifier with a bomber leading to moral drop and decrease in manpower production ( especially in city’s). Water could be a resource worth protecting as it’s a dangerous thing to loose and get an advantage bringing more strategy. Small idea considering the new update is bringing new buildings.
    • Sorry, but that's not a good idea.

Water in large amounts was not transportable over big distances and even isn't today. To explain why I mention that: If your proposal was implemented and a player conquers the areas along the Nile from Egypt, the rest should drop in morale, because as good as all water supplies of Egypt are located close to the Nile? In reality, the rest is desert anyway, even though the Nile region belongs to the same country.

Secondly, water is abundant in most climate zones of the world. If you want to increase complexity of the game by adding another resource, please choose one that indeed had strategic importance. There's only one coming to my mind: coal. But that's in a way represented by the ingame resource steel. So I think the selection of resources we have in the game is fine as it is.
    • Greetings to all,

I want to first say I mean no disrespect to anyone.

I for one do not find the game all that difficult to understand once you know that there are more than one aspect to this game. There are actually 5 aspects to the game and when you get very good at all 5, you will win consistently.

Now, as far as implementing the above or other ideas, I believe they are already trying to do more than they should in one upgrade with the new and improved, super duper, greatest and most awesome, bestests in the world upgrade they call 1.5.

I will say it would be nice for them to update the Achievements page. Maybe, just maybe, come out with some different events/maps.

I do like the new skins/look to the units!

Just my humble thoughts.

General cdub
    • This is for sure an interesting idea but I am sure that this idea could be implemented in a different Bytro game because I see that the current resources here in our games are enough.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader