British Research Tree

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Pablo22510 wrote:

Their battleships were especially good.
      Nah, they weren't. Only two ships actually sat well in the water and all of them had very short barrel life on their guns. On top of this, the British guns had a longer range, better targeting equipment and techniques as well as much more experience. On top of all this, the Brits had better morale too.
      Still, they were pretty good ships.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

Nah, they weren't. Only two ships actually sat well in the water and all of them had very short barrel life on their guns. On top of this, the British guns had a longer range, better targeting equipment and techniques as well as much more experience. On top of all this, the Brits had better morale too.
      The British had better ships.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

Interceptor:

Gloster Gladiator

Curtiss P-36 Hawk

Bristol Beaufighter

Hawker Hurricane

Hawker Typhoon

Supermarine Spitfire
      I think we should drop the Typhoon, put the Spitfire in 5th place and insert the glorious Gloster Meteor: as it was the first allied Fighter jet, and it works well with the German lvl 6 fighter.
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

Why is the P-36 there anyways? It is American, British.TankBuster wrote:

TankBuster wrote:

I think we should drop the Typhoon, put the Spitfire in 5th place and insert the glorious Gloster Meteor: as it was the first allied Fighter jet, and it works well with the German lvl 6 fighter.
      I'll do a combination of both. I'll drop the P-36 and put in the Golster Meteor.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • How does this proposed tree look? 6
        10/10 (3) 50%
        9/10 (1) 17%
        8/10 (1) 17%
        7/10 (0) 0%
        6/10 (0) 0%
        5/10 (0) 0%
        4/10 (0) 0%
        3/10 (0) 0%
        2/10 (0) 0%
        1/10 (0) 0%
        0/10 (1) 17%

TankBuster wrote:

Pablo22510 wrote:

Interceptor:

Gloster Gladiator

Curtiss P-36 Hawk

Bristol Beaufighter

Hawker Hurricane

Hawker Typhoon

Supermarine Spitfire

Pablo22510 wrote:

Quasi-duck wrote:

TankBuster wrote:

I'll do a combination of both. I'll drop the P-36 and put in the Golster Meteor.
      With all due respect, there's even more for improvement here. The P-36 should definitely be omitted, as should the Gloster Meteor be inserted.

However, let's remember that the Meteor was the first allied fighter to become operational, and thus a contemporary of the Me 262, which is a lvl 5 fighter under the German tree. As such, I think we should include the DeHavilland Vampire. It was on the verge of operational status by the war's end, as were the P-80 Shooting Star and Heinkel He-162, both already included as lvl 6 interceptors in their respective tech trees.

I think it is reasonable to remove the Typhoon. Though designed as an interceptor, it found its niche as a close air support aircraft. Its successor, the Tempest, however, is one of the finest allied piston fighters of the war.

My proposal for a revised British interceptor tree:

LevelAircraft
      1Gloster Gladiator
      2Hawker Hurricane
      3Supermarine Spitfire
      4Hawker Tempest
      5Gloster Meteor
      6DeHavilland Vampire

Best Regards Everyone! :thumbsup:
    • Liberinsula wrote:

TankBuster wrote:

Pablo22510 wrote:

Interceptor:

Gloster Gladiator

Curtiss P-36 Hawk

Bristol Beaufighter

Hawker Hurricane

Hawker Typhoon

Supermarine Spitfire

Pablo22510 wrote:

Quasi-duck wrote:

TankBuster wrote:

With all due respect, there's even more for improvement here. The P-36 should definitely be omitted, as should the Gloster Meteor be inserted.
      However, let's remember that the Meteor was the first allied fighter to become operational, and thus a contemporary of the Me 262, which is a lvl 5 fighter under the German tree. As such, I think we should include the DeHavilland Vampire. It was on the verge of operational status by the war's end, as were the P-80 Shooting Star and Heinkel He-162, both already included as lvl 6 interceptors in their respective tech trees.

I think it is reasonable to remove the Typhoon. Though designed as an interceptor, it found its niche as a close air support aircraft. Its successor, the Tempest, however, is one of the finest allied piston fighters of the war.

My proposal for a revised British interceptor tree:

LevelAircraft
      1Gloster Gladiator
      2Hawker Hurricane
      3Supermarine Spitfire
      4Hawker Tempest
      5Gloster Meteor
      6DeHavilland Vampire

Best Regards Everyone! :thumbsup:
      I agree, using a similar sort of view to the German tree, and matching it plane for plane, seems better. I believe the vampire was also used for carriers, which seems to fit in better.
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01