New Maps Broken both "Historical" and "All In" poor design

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Maps Broken both "Historical" and "All In" poor design

This must be said and if necessary repeated one hundred times until the Game Designers wake up to a Fatal Flaw in the new game Maps they launched in recent times.

Resource production rates have been heavily reduced to the point where a Nation can only build a handful of Units before usually two things occur. Firstly, Oil is expended trying to build Infrastructure and some Military and secondly the Manpower to build basic Infantry Class units is expended with just a Dozen or so units built .

By my calculations when comparing a New Map with one of the Older Classic Maps , it would appear that resource production has been Halved and in some cases even a Third of the original Value. This would immediately bring to mind that we are expected to Conquer the World with approxiamately Half the resources of the Original series of games. However as I have come to realise with further Testing on the 73 player "All In" map , it seems we are expected to Rule the World with about a Quarter or at best a Third of the Military that we were accustomed to in the 100 player Map.

This is manifestly Impossible to achieve and I beg to ponder WHY did Bytro Design Team - destroy these New Maps by restricting the resources in any given Map.... how does it help "player or Bytro" to restrict resources so harshly ?

Here is just one Example of the Comparison when looking at the starting values of France

100 player Map - "World War" : France has 24 Core Provinces. A single Oil province producing 3056 per day and a single Rare province producing 1515 per Day.

73 player Map - "All In" : France has about 90 Core Provinces. A single Oil province producing 1142 per day (almost a third) and a single Rare province producing 700 per day (less than half)

So looking above ... we are expected to protect almost 400% as many Core Provinces with much reduced essential resources. It's not just Oil and Rares either but these are the most essential so I am giving them more scrutiny.
      From what I have witnessed in this particular 73 Player Map is that the resources actually appear to about 40% of the Original Map values ( The World as a whole produces 40% of the resources it used to)

BYTRO needs to fix this rediculous new Model of Game design fast. It does not serve any benefit to restrict resources and quite frankly I am of the opinion they should be even Greater than the original values anyway. But thats a topic for another Day.

Bytro Design Team is killing the Game slowly with these really Badly created New Maps
    • Greetings ViceRegent,

While I agree that resources and production has been reduced in at least two different ways, (One of which you did not mention), I disagree with you when you point out both Rare and Oil.

I find that Goods have been reduced drastically. I never have a problem with Oil and I manage my Rare very well. Much of this is do to upgrading my provinces as I am building my military. I have found many players, in fact a great majority of players, do not upgrade their provinces. I am currently playing a 100 player map with the following resource production.
      Food = +67, Goods = +603, Manpower = +897, Iron = +1370, Oil = +824, Rare = +345, cash = +7855. We are currently on Day 14. Due to the low production of Goods, it has given me a very big over stock in MP, Iron and Oil. Keep in mind that all my core provinces for Goods are maxed out in upgrades. I have one core that is double goods as well.

Just the same, it is what it is and everyone is on the same playing field. Personally I feel that there are bigger problems than you have written about. This all new, Super Duper, most awesome, bestest and greatest upgrade called 1.5 is a much bigger problem than you are describing in my humble opinion. Instead of having a "Let's ask a Game Designer for Call of War 1.5", they should have had a question and answer session with players themselves.

As a player that has been playing this game for over 4 years, I have seen many changes over that time. Most have come here and there and you just play and learn. I for one would love to see them come out with some new maps, more event maps and speed maps as well as upgrading the Achievements board. Sheesh, two of the maps in Achievements we don't even have anymore not to mention that there are others nobody will ever achieve. Games don't last that long to get into many of the research items.

Please due understand sir, I mean no disrespect to you, only sharing my thoughts.

General cdub
    • ViceRegent wrote:

73 player Map - "All In" : France has about 90 Core Provinces. A single Oil province producing 1142 per day (almost a third) and a single Rare province producing 700 per day (less than half)
      The 73 player map is based on the 25 player historical map, and is NOT intended to be fair, balanced, or easy. It is designed to mimic certain historical conditions making for challenging gameplay.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • General cdub wrote:

I find that Goods have been reduced drastically.
      I have mentioned this feedback to the devs. They will look at this 73 map again before the next time it is used to see if any recent changes have created an imbalance here.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• I don't know much about the 73 player map as I have not played it yet.

This problem I am seeing though seems to run in almost every map I play in. What I quoted before was in the 100 player map. There are some maps that are worse than others. The 1939 map by far is the worst. As I said before, I have been playing this game consistently non-stop since late 2015. I am not like many players that play a dozen games at the same time though. I play 1 to 3 games depending on how active the games are. Much of the time, it is only 2 though max.

Just the same, I figure if I am having problems with goods, then I figure so is everyone else so the playing field is the same. Well, the playing field is the same for those that know how to play. Most players do not know how to play as an independent nation. As a player that played before there were coalitions, I know how to do that. I have determined there are 5 major aspects to the game all in a very specific order. Most players only know maybe 1 or 2 of these aspects. But if you want to be very good, win consistently, you have to be very good at all 5 and know what is the order of importance.

I think this is a great game. I am just in hopes that with the new super duper, most awesome, bestest and greatest ever upgrade they call 1.5 does not ruin the game. I understand a game has to evolve to keep people interested and keep playing. What I have found in the past with other games is they go overboard. The last game I played, I did so for just under 5 years and then they came out with the bestest ever upgrade that ruined the game. That is when I found my way to Call of War. There are many things I believe will be great. There are also many things I don't like or think is right. I reckon only time will tell.

Thank you for your time,

General cdub
    • General cdub wrote:

The 1939 map
      The 25 player historical is the basis for the 73 player map so I believe the resource allocation is nearly identical, simply all of the minor nations are playable on the 73, though not all are a good choice. (In my opinion there are very few on the 25 that are "fun" to play anyway, but that may be just me)

General cdub wrote:

I figure if I am having problems with goods, then I figure so is everyone else so the playing field is the same.
      Indeed. The increased use of goods is a part of the balancing changes from earlier this year across all maps. I believe the intent was to design for goods to be the limiting factor instead of food or oil in many cases.

VorlonFCW