Release Notes 2019-12-17

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Release Notes 2019-12-17

Attention, Generals!

As announced last week already, today’s release brings resource trading between players back to Call of War!

Additionally we released the next batch of unit graphic updates. Ships and airplanes received a new look!

Apart from that we also addressed some inconveniences and bugs. We improved the dots and lines that indicate the position of your units, we made sure that attack arrows disappear again and we tweaked the profile widget so it does not overlap with any button anymore.

Read through the complete list of bug fixes below:

General:
      • We re-enabled resource trading between players who are not part of the same coalition or team.
      • We improved the visuals of Japanese and Soviet Anti Air units
        • Turning of wheels and muzzle direction now match the direction in which the unit is moving/facing.
      • We improved the visuals of positioning lines and position dots.
        • We made the positioning dot slightly bigger.
        • We added a white line around the positioning dot to improve visibility.
        • The positioning line appears earlier now.
        • Positioning line and dot are now also visible when a unit is selected.
      • We removed the "km" abbreviation for ranges and speeds in the unit details panel.
        • Since the scale of maps differs from scenario to scenario the "km" appendix was misleading and not very realistic. We removed it to make it clear that speed and range values are relative numbers and not absolutely matching real-life values.
      Bugfixes:
      • We resolved an issue that caused negative trading fees to be displayed for selling or buying resources on the stock market.
      • We fixed an issue that prevented attack arrows of range units from disappearing once a battle had ended.
      • We resolved an issue that made positioning lines and red position dots disappear when hovering or selecting a unit.
      • We fixed an issue that prevented rocket achievements from working.
      • We resolved an issue that caused multiple logos to be displayed in the Russian loading screen of the game.
      • We fixed an issue that could cause the profile widget to overlap with buttons when playing the game with specific window sizes.
      We hope you like the last update of 2019 and the bug fixes it includes! We wish you best of luck on the battlefield! Your Bytro Team
      Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • Ah, I see. You did some changes in COW homepage and now posted. I see that you followed what you promised: changing every unit. Thank you Bytro! Note, can you fix the bug on not being able to open rank overview in COW games but only able to open in homepage? Thanks
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Not all, some countries that are not German but uses German weapons during WWII have German units. Canada/US for instance does not and they both have American units.
      BeaveRyan

• Okay, so the naval units where updated, but will each doctrine(American, Soviet, German, and Japanese)get their own naval unit models to match?, like what we did with tanks, infantry, artillery, etc?

Also why is the cruiser model a battleship, the Queen Elizabeth class to be exact...or at least I think it is, it looks VERY similar, correct me if I'm wrong

Most of those naval units are still of German design, like the Battleship, it's a Bismarck, don't you guys still have the Iowa Class asset from when you still had Nuclear capable ships?
    • Hope you all like the new models. We also listened to the feedback and reduced the glow and white outlines of the previously released models. Hope you notice that as well and prefer it now.

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Ah, I see. You did some changes in COW homepage and now posted. I see that you followed what you promised: changing every unit. Thank you Bytro! Note, can you fix the bug on not being able to open rank overview in COW games but only able to open in homepage? Thanks
      Thanks. That bug should be fixed with an upcoming update.

PrussianKingWilhelm wrote:

Okay, so the naval units where updated, but will each doctrine(American, Soviet, German, and Japanese)get their own naval unit models to match?, like what we did with tanks, infantry, artillery, etc?
      Priorities. Ship looks where not as different as the looks of tank units, so we decided to just do the updated ship look for now. Maybe factions for ships come at some point in the future.
    • I don't like how Soviet/Russian planes are biplanes. I find that inaccurate and it doesn't really make the USSR air force all that advanced.
      FORUM GANG WARRANT OFFICER
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
      KNOW THE RULES!
      Call of War Game Rules
      Call of War Forum Rules
      Terms of Service

attacker 101
      Call of War Player
      EN Server | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • Soviet-boi wrote:

I love the new design up date, will there be an updated infantry design as well?
      Yes.

attacker101 wrote:

I don't like how Soviet/Russian planes are biplanes. I find that inaccurate and it doesn't really make the USSR air force all that advanced.
      Not inaccurate, developed in the late 1930's and one of Russia's major fighter types in the early years of WW2. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polikarpov_I-153
    • you'll get these great new ship graphics. It is great to watch battleships during a naval battle when it is the size of a province and with its dignity it covers all the rest of these small insignificant units. (Yes, I deleted the cookies after changing)

Totally nothing too see.
    • hi. few davs after first testing game, I was kicked out from pioneer team, because I wasnt signed in. 2 be honest I didnt know that, count that through google is valid sign in.

I found verv interesting testing a new things in the game, Im asking for allowed me back in. if it is possible, of course

P. I noticed one bug in the game - infantry with star is becoming infantrv level one.

thanks in advance
    • Oktan wrote:

you'll get these great new ship graphics. It is great to watch battleships during a naval battle when it is the size of a province and with its dignity it covers all the rest of these small insignificant units. (Yes, I deleted the cookies after changing)

Totally nothing too see.
      It would alleviate the problem of not seeing the smaller units if they reduced the size of all ships and the RR guns by 1/3 ... 8)
    • I had a bug report on Heavy Tanks not being able to change their appearance when turned South East. It is not on any bug fix and I do not know if it is resolved or not because I currently do no have any Heavy Tanks.
      BeaveRyan

• Ryan04px2025 wrote:

I had a bug report on Heavy Tanks not being able to change their appearance when turned South East. It is not on any bug fix and I do not know if it is resolved or not because I currently do no have any Heavy Tanks.
      We could not reproduce that bug anymore and figured that it was not a general issue, more like a caching problem. Most likely your heavy tanks will be fine now (If not, please clear browser cache again).