Best Country to play as in 1939 Historic World War

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• BrutusTrump wrote:

Claudio von Panjim wrote:

BrutusTrump wrote:

The USSR does have a really good economy. It’s probably around the level of the United States’s.

BrightAdityas wrote:

It's probably better.
      Not at all, the economy is very bad
      Stop trolling, Claudio.
      I juts made a thread about History World War resource production in General discussion, check it out. USSR has an economy on the level of the USA according to math.
    • mongolian hoard wrote:

Soviet Union:
      The key to winning as the soviets is the make friends with Japan. If you can make sure you don't get hit int he back near manchuria, where soviet industry and production capabilities are low, then you can focus on europe.
      Also:

mongolian horde wrote:

Japan:
      Starts with -39 oil, and low resources until you can build up for 3 days and move troops around to take China. But even then you only have the resources and army to fight in asia. Also pretty boring to play as although I've never attacked the soviet union as Japan as I find it beneficial to make them my ally. If one were to attack the soviet union, walking through siberia without mobile units sounds boring so maybe thats why i haven't tried it. Thoughts?
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hokushin-ron
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lord Crayfish ().

• I think USSR or France are solid options. I prefer USSR because as France, you've most of the time gotta deal with Germany, if you win, then you basically dominate Europe, and I have done it once and won, but if you lose, you'll most likely go inactive. The USSR also has a great economy, letting you produce without worrying about running out of resources. Even though they have a bad army in the beginning, leveling those units would make dozens of good units instead of infantry lv 1s.
    • USA: Quite Boring but can win if you take out Canada and Mexico then go down to South America, starts with no troops but by day 2-3 you have 100 troops if you manage your resources wisely

Germany: Best for skilled players, newbies usually go inactive on day 1 but starts with massive army and decent economy, you start with many enemies around you but in general would play if you’re skilled and don’t go inactive

UK: Best if you like to play in conservative, usually invaded by Egypt, India, and South Africa since your colonies are weak, could win by focusing on Europe, maybe taking France or Spain. Bad Economy so making troops is hard if you want international defense against others.

France: Invaded by Spain, Italy, or Germany. Decent amount of troops but usually dies when sending all troops to German border because of artillery and your inactivity. Fine economy, would suggest you ally with UK and or USSR if possible.

USSR: Big country, would suggest you buff the east and focus on upgrading infantry, with Comintern you war less damage but can create massive stacks by day 3, big economy is needed to be used wisely in order to produce troops to eventually defend from Germany late game. If you ally with Japan early game you should be fine but don’t let Xinjang or Mongolia take over your land bc it’s very weak

Japan: Easy if you like managing poor economy’s and large army’s, with decent land and navy units it would be easy to take some of the ussr and Manchuko, otherwise china should be easy if they don’t attack you early in the game.

China: really hard country since you start with mostly militia, Suggest giving up or retreating to the mountains, normally if Japan invades you Tibet and Xinjang shouldn’t attack, but defense is highly suggested for China players.
      Average_Luz
    • Spain is muy favourite country to play with.
      You can playa twoo diferents strategies:

1. Be Fraces's ally.
      You don't hace to worry about Frances, who is the only country you border with.
      Make a big army and conquer South America. You can alzó invade UK's provinces with french help.
      2. Be Frances's enemy.
      You can ally with germany or UK and conquer french territories. You may hace problems un África because you don't hace any cities there but it also mayor be easy to conquer some and justo expand.

I'm sorry about the grammar, i'm spanish (Oh, surprise) and I don't know english ver y well. :D
    • For Spain you need to:
      -Ally with Germany and Italy if possible
      -Launch invasion of France if possible and seize ports in Marseille to make a good navy -Use Motorized infantry as it regularly has lots of damage and speed
      -Launch an invasion of Portugal and it’s, colonies
      -Go Conservative if France is allied with US and UK, would focus on building up if you are a skilled player in economics.
      Otherwise that’s all for Spain
      Average_Luz
    • Average_Luz wrote:

Para España necesitas:
      -Aliarse con Alemania e Italia si es posible
      -Lanzar la invasión de Francia si es posible y apoderarse de los puertos de Marsella para formar una buena armada -Usar infantería motorizada, ya que regularmente tiene mucho daño y velocidad
      -Lanzar una invasión de Portugal y sus colonias.
      -Vuélvase conservador si Francia está aliada con EE. UU. y el Reino Unido, se centraría en construir si es un jugador hábil en economía.
      De lo contrario, eso es todo para España.
      La invasión de Portugal es solo para evitar que otro país lo conquiste antes que tú, pues las 3 ciudades que tiene no son demasiado para lo que cuesta conquistarla, pero si un país enemigo conquista Portugal, es más fácil que te conquiste a ti. .

Con España, si te alías con Francia, no tienes demasiadas fronteras para expandirte, pero tampoco tienes demasiadas fronteras de las que preocuparte, así que puedes probar suerte en las Américas y usar tus territorios en Europa como fuente de ingresos y tropas.
      Es una forma segura de jugar (Tus enemigos pueden atacar tus colonias o territorios que conquistas, pero nunca el centro de tu poder, que es la Península Ibérica) y divertido porque puedes reconstruir el imperio español a partir de las múltiples IA que existen en America.