Xmas Event BROKEN, no factories?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Xmas Event BROKEN, no factories?

Who was the genius at Bytro that decided to remove all factories from the Xmas Event map? Not only can nobody create a new map (except with High Command) but now you create a highly anticipated Xmas Event map that I can barely build 1, maybe 2 factories on in the first few days? I can research a bunch of units that I cant build?

Bytro, are you purposely trying to kill this game, especially after the 1.5 fiasco? :wallbash

The post was edited 1 time, last by BeerBelly ().

• This is not a bug.

Regarding Industrial Complexes on Call of Christmas Event mapTomorrow our Call of Christmas Event map starts. For this Event iteration no Country will have an Industry Complex at the beginning due to some technical reasons. Means all countries have to build up their Industrial Complexes first. Fortunately the game runs at 4x speed so it should not take too long. If users report this as a bug: It is no bug. Lore wise it makes kinda sense even, since the countries are arriving in Antarctica and there is no Infrastructure yet.
      PrinceofHonor
      Senior Moderator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click here to submit a bug report or support ticket
    • PrinceofHonor wrote:

This is not a bug.

Regarding Industrial Complexes on Call of Christmas Event mapTomorrow our Call of Christmas Event map starts. For this Event iteration no Country will have an Industry Complex at the beginning due to some technical reasons. Means all countries have to build up their Industrial Complexes first. Fortunately the game runs at 4x speed so it should not take too long. If users report this as a bug: It is no bug. Lore wise it makes kinda sense even, since the countries are arriving in Antarctica and there is no Infrastructure yet.
      That's a pretty crappy excuse, my dude.

It literally undermines the whole purpose of starting the game: it's a basic crutch for ALL players to enjoy. To intentionally strip it away is just cruel. Sure, it means slower progression, but people hate this. More so in 4x speed. All the time you spend compensating for lost infra you could use to conquer potential opponents!

I don't even play the Christmas maps, and even I think this is a massive game-breaker for me.
    • Just dumb. 4x speed doesnt help much when you only have 1 rare province. I MIGHT have a 2nd factory by late tomorrow. You are promoting early rushes and gold use, maybe that is your true goal. A couple smart players will buy up all the rares early leaving most (48) players lacking the resources to build factories. And since there is limited AI, not many resources will be for sale. Is your true goal just to piss off a bunch of people to please a few?

This is comical...your idea of fun is to create a false "lore"? Will you be removing factories from the normal Antarctica map?

I thought about buying High Command over the Holiday break...not now.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BeerBelly ().

• The Call of Christmas event has always been a 2x speed game. I have noted the incorrect promotion material for this event so that it can be corrected before the next time this game is run.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

The Call of Christmas event has always been a 2x speed game. I have noted the incorrect promotion material for this event so that it can be corrected before the next time this game is run.
      And the Call of Christmas event has ALWAYS had factories in urban provinces. When did that change?

BTW, one of my Call of Xmas maps is currently running at 4x so you might want to get the devs together on this one.
    • BeerBelly wrote:

one of my Call of Xmas maps is currently running at 4x
      Hmm, that is interesting. Are you sure about that?
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • BeerBelly wrote:

BTW, the 4x speed is broken. It is now at 2x speed.

Check game id = 2936912
      Also bugged/broken game speed on game id 2936948. This is silly.
      I do not complain all that much. But this should have been explained in the description of the Event. This is a terrible map that I thought was going to be fun to play. Now I have spent all of my rare and cash to build two ICs and have no way to research and units. That combined with the speed. This is the second time the description of an Event said one thing and it turns out to be another. It clearly stated it was 4 times the speed. As BeerBeely wrote, it is only two times the speed. Now this has become a very bad event for me. I am sorry but this is a big problem for me.

My game number is 2,937,257

If you are going to do things like this, at least put it in the description so we know whether we want to play the map or not. I would not have joined if I knew there were no ICs and the game was only two times the speed.

I would like you to just end our map at this point.

General cdub
      Images
      • Christmas Event.jpg

264 kB, 987×866, viewed 17 times