Let's Talk 4x Speed for a Second...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Let's Talk 4x Speed for a Second...

Look, let me get this out of the way right now: I personally hate 4x speed. It isn't because it's bad, it's just that I absolutely hate the overly-speedy nature of a normally slow paced RTSG. That being said, I fully understand why it was implemented: some people have more time on their hands, or more accurately, more access to this game than others, I.E. the mobile version. I used to be among this group.

However, some people, myself among them, just don't have the time or access to play 4x events, which is a real shame because I absolutely love All Countries, All In. The problem is people like me can't play that mode because it's just too damn fast!

I'm not saying we should eliminate 4x speed altogether: that's stupid. I think a good step to take would be to release an event with two options: one at 1x speed, and one at whatever ridiculous speed you choose. Of course, the exception would be that 10x speed map, but I don't really play that map to begin with, so I don't really care.

With this, players can now make a choice: the less active and more casual players, or people with jobs/school/etc, can pick 1x and still have a fulfilling experience without detracting from their normal lives. Meanwhile, the people with more time on their hands and more access can still enjoy the faster paced 4x speed. it's a win-win! It isn't even that hard to implement: the Tutorial Map runs at either 1x speed or 2x speed, and both exist in harmony. These maps are temporary, so it wouldn't put as much strain to begin with.

Thoughts?
    • BeerBelly wrote:

1x is way too slow. I think all maps should be adjusted to have minimum of 2x speed. If that happened there would be less demand for 4x. If you don't like 4x or faster, then don't play the map. Mobile gives you the ability to stay competitive on 4x maps.
      The whole point of me making this thread was because I don't have a mobile device, not one that can support Call of War. All of my wins are at 1x speed. 4x speed exists for players like you, and 1x exists for people like me. Why should I be unable to play a map due to circumstances I can't control? That being said, you too shouldn't be hindered at this 1x speed if you prefer 4x, hence why not just have both? There's no need to go to either extreme. This isn't about gameplay, it's about accessibility.
    • JesterTheSheep wrote:

BeerBelly wrote:

1x is way too slow. I think all maps should be adjusted to have minimum of 2x speed. If that happened there would be less demand for 4x. If you don't like 4x or faster, then don't play the map. Mobile gives you the ability to stay competitive on 4x maps.
      The whole point of me making this thread was because I don't have a mobile device, not one that can support Call of War. All of my wins are at 1x speed. 4x speed exists for players like you, and 1x exists for people like me. Why should I be unable to play a map due to circumstances I can't control? That being said, you too shouldn't be hindered at this 1x speed if you prefer 4x, hence why not just have both? There's no need to go to either extreme. This isn't about gameplay, it's about accessibility.
      I understand your concern but my point is that Bytro doesn't care.
    • BeerBelly wrote:

JesterTheSheep wrote:

BeerBelly wrote:

I understand your concern but my point is that Bytro doesn't care.
      Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say they don't care, period. I would definitely agree that they have priorities, and often times they don't align with mine, and there's not a ton I can do about that. I don't even expect this idea to get off the ground, it's just an opinion.
    • I am still going to suggest my idea, the 60x speed. A whole game wouldn't take more than 12 actual hours, so you can sit down and play it through. No sleeping required. That is of course the inherent problem with higher speed games, or even lower speed games against highly active opponents: Sleep. Eliminate that and just see how fast you can click all day long.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<