Clarification on Cities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Clarification on Cities

I am confused with respect to cities. See my example link for reference.

gyazo.com/50bc3dc0f777369a2f0894fdbd4c2371

According to that Armor Unit gets -50 % in cities. Now is that only in the big city squares or anywhere there is a city icon? So if I attack units inside a small city like Torun which is flat terrian and armor gets +50%. Would that mean they cross each other out? Or does the City -50% only count in the big city squares.

Thanks.
    • I have assumed the penalty only applies in the all-city "provinces". The other provinces, after all, are marked as either mountain, forest or plain. But I've wondered about it too.

Update: It looks like it is only the all-city provinces which count as cities. I am currently looking at a lone level 1 medium tank unit in a city in a plains province, it has lost half its morale and hit points and is still listing with a strength of 4.6 which is 0.6 higher than its normal value. If it was halved for being in a city it should have a strength factor of less than 2.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Joe Bentleigh ().