[NEED HELP] Call of War Guide

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [NEED HELP] Call of War Guide

Hello, so a year or two ago my team helped create a massive guide, and now I would like help updating it to the new changes that have occured, and to the new potential changes that will be likely occurring in Call of War 1.5 and beyond. If you haven't checked it out, check it out, and those who are interested in helping out, please message me! Thanks for the help.
      The Guide to Call Of War [WIP]
    • It is a basic guide but what is needed is a compilation of all the various things that they do not tell you in the offiical rules for example:

on mobile, you can go to message search and it will tell you what day they last moved.
      on computer it will tell you when the next combat round it

on the mobile you can queue up 4 units and 4 buildings but on the computer you can only do 4 things period

if you get assigned to a game and it has not started because not full, if you are high command you set in a whole series of building queues that will automatically go off when the game starts so you do not lose time.

When you sign up if you change your status with the AI countries to Shared Map or Shared Intelligence you can get Right of Way with some of them very quickly. On the computer you can monitor the change in popularity based on what you do where as in the mobile you cannot.

The efficiency rating of the quantity of units of the same type is not detailed in the official guides but should be so people do not put 8 Battleships together and wonder why they are getting kicked by 2 groups of 3.

All sorts of things like this, which belong in a PROPER technical rule writing booklet.
    • Some sections that are missing which could be helpful

FAQ - Why is my Airplane Turning into a convoy when I want to attack something? Why did my 2 Commandos die when attacking 2 infantry in that city with a bunch of airplanes on the ground? (even linking to those kinds of questions in the forums as example cases would be helpful)
      Tips/Tricks and Interesting Things
      -Looking at a few of the sections Movement - Air, it seemed just to be a word for word recap of the CoW Guide with pictures. Why is Air Attack vs Patrol different, how does it work, when is using one better than the other. Those kinds of insights would be worth reading through. Shoot'n Scoot does not appear in that doc,
      Combat - Lots could be said about this topic, SBDE is mentioned twice, and even the acronym is not explained or defined correctly. An explanation on how damage is calculated (a simple overview of what to expect), how to figure out if your unit has a chance to win against that unit....

This could be an interesting project to get involved with, though you'd need to write to your audience. Either by organizing the piece to get into the meat of the game once you've established the basics, or including the insights in the sections where they apply the most.

Newbie - New player (if you make it too basic, if they can't figure out how units move, maybe this game is to complex for them and they should go back to playing cards)
      Amateur - Got the basics down, needs help in getting best use from his units.
      Expert - Has Played some games, won some, lost some and wants to take their game to next level - looking for insights and wants to better understand the game mechanics.
      Expert - Knows the game in and out, but there are always tricks and game mechanics that provide an advantage. No one wants to share their tricks, but if everyone knows the same info, then only the truly great stand out above all others.
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"
    • EZ Dolittle wrote:

It is a basic guide but what is needed is a compilation of all the various things that they do not tell you in the offiical rules for example:

on mobile, you can go to message search and it will tell you what day they last moved.
      on computer it will tell you when the next combat round it

on the mobile you can queue up 4 units and 4 buildings but on the computer you can only do 4 things period

if you get assigned to a game and it has not started because not full, if you are high command you set in a whole series of building queues that will automatically go off when the game starts so you do not lose time.

When you sign up if you change your status with the AI countries to Shared Map or Shared Intelligence you can get Right of Way with some of them very quickly. On the computer you can monitor the change in popularity based on what you do where as in the mobile you cannot.

The efficiency rating of the quantity of units of the same type is not detailed in the official guides but should be so people do not put 8 Battleships together and wonder why they are getting kicked by 2 groups of 3.

All sorts of things like this, which belong in a PROPER technical rule writing booklet.
      Thanks for your information. Had a great holiday time, will start working in earnest. Indeed important to talk about SBE! I'll be writing on these

OneNutSquirrel wrote:

Some sections that are missing which could be helpful

FAQ - Why is my Airplane Turning into a convoy when I want to attack something? Why did my 2 Commandos die when attacking 2 infantry in that city with a bunch of airplanes on the ground? (even linking to those kinds of questions in the forums as example cases would be helpful)
      Tips/Tricks and Interesting Things
      -Looking at a few of the sections Movement - Air, it seemed just to be a word for word recap of the CoW Guide with pictures. Why is Air Attack vs Patrol different, how does it work, when is using one better than the other. Those kinds of insights would be worth reading through. Shoot'n Scoot does not appear in that doc,
      Combat - Lots could be said about this topic, SBDE is mentioned twice, and even the acronym is not explained or defined correctly. An explanation on how damage is calculated (a simple overview of what to expect), how to figure out if your unit has a chance to win against that unit....

This could be an interesting project to get involved with, though you'd need to write to your audience. Either by organizing the piece to get into the meat of the game once you've established the basics, or including the insights in the sections where they apply the most.

Newbie - New player (if you make it too basic, if they can't figure out how units move, maybe this game is to complex for them and they should go back to playing cards)
      Amateur - Got the basics down, needs help in getting best use from his units.
      Expert - Has Played some games, won some, lost some and wants to take their game to next level - looking for insights and wants to better understand the game mechanics.
      Expert - Knows the game in and out, but there are always tricks and game mechanics that provide an advantage. No one wants to share their tricks, but if everyone knows the same info, then only the truly great stand out above all others.
      I guess insight is important. I am trying to talk to all levels of gameplay, and all stages of experienced, but I should change the way I word things. Thanks for the info! I will probably ask you guys occasionally for further info and opinion.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SuggestedSuggest ().

• Hello, do remember that COW1.5 is not fully developed and I am expecting some changes in 1.5 as well as new add on because there will be new test events. :)
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • I expect significant changes to the 1.5 model as it goes on. Pouring a lot of work into something that is already outdated may not be the best idea. . .

CzarHelllios wrote:

I suppose I'll write a new one.
      Not a lot needs to change from your old one in my opinion ;)
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Much of the basics have not changed - War has been the same for thousands of years - but we should wait for the new changes.
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • SuggestedSuggest wrote:

Good point, I guess I should see what the new changes are going, hope they aren't too drastic or else it will defeat the purpose of my guide :o.
      Oh... they're drastic alright.

New Event should be announces sometime soon.. and they're toning it down kuz it was barely recognizable in it's drastickiness for first BETA Event.
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

I expect significant changes to the 1.5 model as it goes on. Pouring a lot of work into something that is already outdated may not be the best idea. . .

CzarHelllios wrote:

I suppose I'll write a new one.
      Not a lot needs to change from your old one in my opinion ;)
      Alright, so I guess I should just wait till 1.5 happens. I'll probably still need to find a team to work with making an ew guide even then

OneNutSquirrel wrote:

SuggestedSuggest wrote:

Good point, I guess I should see what the new changes are going, hope they aren't too drastic or else it will defeat the purpose of my guide :o.
      Oh... they're drastic alright.
      New Event should be announces sometime soon.. and they're toning it down kuz it was barely recognizable in it's drastickiness for first BETA Event.
      I hope it is toned down, not only because of the guide, but I also think It'll be hard for me to play. I'll have to learn, and I hate learning.

dw98 wrote:

Much of the basics have not changed - War has been the same for thousands of years - but we should wait for the new changes.
      Alright, but I"ll still try to update my guide a bit more, because 1.5 wont be out for a couple months, right?
    • dw98 wrote:

Much of the basics have not changed - War has been the same for thousands of years - but we should wait for the new changes.
      You should check the COW 1.5 feedback and you will know how big the changes are to some of us. *Like a brand new game*
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader