Carrier capacity

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Carrier capacity

What is the capacity of carriers per level? I searched the forum and didn’t see the particular answer anywhere. The Unit manual didn’t even have carriers in it.
      Save the goldfish! They need your help! Goldfish are trapped in small bowls all across the globe!
    • It is at the bottom of the info page in the research tree.

Go to the research screen like you are going to research an aircraft carrier. It will show all the research levels.
      click on the level you want. The right hand side of the screen will show you the tech information.
      Click on the info button next to the picture in the 'Allows production / research section.
      The carrier capacity is at the very bottom of that screen.
    • Zippofish wrote:

The Unit manual didn’t even have carriers in it.
      The original manual was written before carriers were invented. :D

The reason that you don't find these statistics documented in the forum or elsewhere is that they have a possibility of changing from time to time. Various statistics are adjusted from time to time, particularly at an annual re-balancing where the use and effectiveness of various units is evaluated and tweaked. The best resource is always the research menu for stats about that unit.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • cerealnerd wrote:

It is at the bottom of the info page in the research tree.

Go to the research screen like you are going to research an aircraft carrier. It will show all the research levels.
      click on the level you want. The right hand side of the screen will show you the tech information.
      Click on the info button next to the picture in the 'Allows production / research section.
      The carrier capacity is at the very bottom of that screen.
      I’m playing on mobile, that information is not in the research menu.
      Save the goldfish! They need your help! Goldfish are trapped in small bowls all across the globe!
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

Zippofish wrote:

The Unit manual didn’t even have carriers in it.
      The original manual was written before carriers were invented. :D
      The reason that you don't find these statistics documented in the forum or elsewhere is that they have a possibility of changing from time to time. Various statistics are adjusted from time to time, particularly at an annual re-balancing where the use and effectiveness of various units is evaluated and tweaked. The best resource is always the research menu for stats about that unit.
      The research menu on mobile, which is where I have the ability to play doesn’t seem to have that specific stat. Maybe I’m not using the correct key words in the forum, I can find a lot about carriers but not that particular piece of information
    • Zippofish wrote:

on mobile, that information is not in the research menu.
      Hmmm, Apparently you are right about that. I'll add that to the list of missing mobile features.

Capacity of Aircraft Carriers
      (As of 12-24-2019)

Level 1 = 2 aircraft
      Level 2 = 3 aircraft
      Level 3 = 4 aircraft
      Level 4 = 5 aircraft
      Level 5 = 6 aircraft
      Level 6 = 8 aircraft
      Level 7 = 10 aircraft

Nuclear Carrier = 10 aircraft

War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• Part of the problem with this design is that it does not keep up an effective player rules manual and update it with the changes. This is a normal function when you do board games and do print runs, but is seriously lacking in this and many other computer games.

There is too much dependence on forums and player rumors to help people play. Many of those player suggestions are invalid after an update or two.
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

(As of 12-24-2019)

Level 1 = 2 aircraft
      Level 2 = 3 aircraft
      Level 3 = 4 aircraft
      Level 4 = 5 aircraft
      Level 5 = 6 aircraft
      Level 6 = 8 aircraft
      Level 7 = 10 aircraft

At level one, I believe that you can only have naval bombers ... Could the above table be redone to show levels where fighters and tac bombers are allowed on a carrier (and maximum of how many) ... It probably should be information that should be added to a user manual ... 8)
    • gusv wrote:

VorlonFCW wrote:

(As of 12-24-2019)

Level 1 = 2 aircraft
      Level 2 = 3 aircraft
      Level 3 = 4 aircraft
      Level 4 = 5 aircraft
      Level 5 = 6 aircraft
      Level 6 = 8 aircraft
      Level 7 = 10 aircraft

At level one, I believe that you can only have naval bombers ... Could the above table be redone to show levels where fighters and tac bombers are allowed on a carrier (and maximum of how many) ... It probably should be information that should be added to a user manual ... 8)
      Carrier Research level has NO effect on WHAT they can carry... only how many they can carry
      Naval Bombers and Interceptors can land on your carriers at Lvl 1 (at start of game)
      TacBombers must be Lvl 4 to land on Carriers ( the unit stats page for Lvl 4 TB stats that it is now a "Carrier-based Aircraft" same as NB and INT.)

ALSO, you can only land on your own carriers, Coalition member carriers CAN NOT be used by other coalition members. Niether can RoW or Shared Map players use each other's Carriers for transit of their aircraft.
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"
    • gusv wrote:

At level one, I believe that you can only have naval bombers ...

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D

The post was edited 2 times, last by Restrisiko ().

• gusv wrote:

At level one, I believe that you can only have naval bombers
      That is not correct.

Carriers can accommodate any carrier capable aircraft. The notations of carrier capable are listed in the specifications of each aircraft that is carrier capable. Again easiest to find in the research menu.

Naval bombers are always carrier capable

Interceptors are always carrier capable

Tactical bombers become carrier capable once they are researched to level 4 (the planes must be level 4, carrier level does not matter at all)

Strategic bombers are too large and will never be carrier capable, the same with Atomic bombers.

All of this information is easily accessible by studying the available data on the units in the research menu. The mobile app, like mobile versions of everything, are simply scaled down versions of the complete desktop version. When the mobile app was developed it was intended to be more of a companion of the desktop version, where the current playerbase could access their existing games while away from their desktop. I don't believe that the sheer number of players that ONLY play from mobile and have never and will never log in from a desktop device was anticipated. Development of the mobile app continues and some of these shortcomings will be addressed in the new year.

Even when the data is all available in the mobile app, this game is fairly complex. There are a lot of things to learn and there will always be a place for learning tips from more experienced players. This is the reason why the in game chat and forums exist so that players can exchange tips and strategies. This is what makes Call of War have such a vibrant community, and why we have such a great volunteer staff to assist the community.

Merry Christmas Everyone.

VorlonFCW

• killingone wrote:

Anyhow are carriers that useful. Like it takes so much time building them and then later protecting them which does not make them worth it you know. What i do is capture an enemies province build an airport and bring all the planes into it
      Where carriers are most useful and where your strategy has its shortcomings is on the Pacific map. Try to fly a plane from Australia to New Caledonia. Early on it is impossible. You also can not get from Australia to North America (Unless you have conquered all of Asia first to hop across at Alaska) Carriers then can get used in 2 ways.
      1. Mobile airfield to make the island hop strategy viable when land masses are to far apart. I will only research level 1 or 2 if I sue them in this capacity.
      2. Traditional part of a larger fleet structure. If your opponent is using subs, the carriers NAV Bombers are a critical component of safe guarding your fleet and provide air cover for a far off invasion (North America). I will research significantly higher levels when used in this capacity.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda