Should the AI's be worked on for the betterment of the game?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Should the AI's be worked on for the betterment of the game?

Doesn't everyone find it hard to have peace after an AI has declared war upon you? Like constantly having to invest your army towards an AI with no particular benefits. Shouldn't they make AI's more responsive and like if you declare cease fire an AI automatically declares it too in a few hours (unless your fighting or something. And also if you have an inactive coalition member and the AI takes over there should be a way to command that AI (like "Support me" , "Attack this country" , "Defend this Province" etc. I think these additions will certainly make the game more interesting.
    • Any automatic response causes gamemanship to over come the situation.

That the AI is a little weird is an understatement. I remember one game where as Germany I had the highest economy, the largest army and I was currently at peace with everyone having taken over Poland, Denmark, Holland and then Luxembourg declared war on me !
    • killingone wrote:

Shouldn't they make AI's more responsive and like if you declare cease fire an AI automatically declares it too in a few hours
      You are describing the old basic AI, they just sat there and got pounded to dust and were very boring, and would go to peace after a few days if you declared peace yourself. The Elite AI at least makes the game a little more interesting as it will occasionally counter attack, and is not as forgiving when it comes to going back over to peace. I have not seen enough since the additional programming changes on province builds, but hopefully it is building more intelligently as well.

killingone wrote:

And also if you have an inactive coalition member and the AI takes over there should be a way to command that AI (like "Support me" , "Attack this country" , "Defend this Province" etc. I think these additions will certainly make the game more interesting.
      Th fact that you retain ROW indefinitely when your coalition partner goes inactive, makes it very easy to absorb his/her territory, as well as assist the AI to defend itself if attacked. If you want to make the game more interesting provide a short 12 or 24 hour ROW to get out, then have it drop from coalition so you have to declare war to move through the territory. How to deal with coalition partners going inactive is a very difficult balancing act, allowing you to command their units is likely to far away from center, just as giving a more limited ROW is.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda