Call of Christmas over in 6 days, no fighting!!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I expect that is due to the changes in the AI, making it easier to gain Right of Way with AI. I think this will get adjusted before the next edition of this map.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Now he's game admin, whatever that means!

It's not much of a challenge if all you need to do is spawn in the right place, select all your troops, set a path to the two nearest points to control when there's no resistance!! It's like fire and forget. Luck of the draw?

Couldn't there be some more interaction from AI when players are inactive?
    • Or revoke ROW when players become inactive? He's not at war with the players between him and the control points!!!

The only way to get across the map without being at war, is to have right of way. Why would all those players give ROW then go inactive?

The post was edited 1 time, last by SLimbad ().

• Ryan04px2025 wrote:

You don't go into enemy territory without fighting

VorlonFCW wrote:

I expect that is due to the changes in the AI, making it easier to gain Right of Way with AI. I think this will get adjusted before the next edition of this map.
      He played without fighting and little resistance from AI, so yeah, he went into enemy territories without fighting.

I watched and indeed, he has ROW with all the players around him, he just had to walk into the two control points. I fought through 5 territories to get to one of his points so the game wouldn't end. He was able to attack me from the surrounding ROW territories to try and flank me.

TBH, I can see why there's only a few players now, made the whole map pointless and puts me off the game entirely, he was able to just appear at the points. Glad I was able to give the map to another player.

For this map, I'd suggest ROW is not possible or revoked for inactive players and have an AI that's not so docile.
      Images
      • cheat.jpg

359.85 kB, 1,253×958, viewed 11 times
    • Yes. That is a problem. When AI/ inactive player gives you ROW, you can walk in and attack. That will give you popularity decrease as well as most feared nation which may provoke war from other AI. So generally, Bytro is attempting to balance it.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • SLimbad wrote:

Now he's game admin, whatever that means!
      The game host/admin is an honorary title given to the player with the most points on day 3, and to the highest player when the current host retires. In prior times it indicated who had started/created the map, but as these games are system generated it doesn't mean much at all now.

SLimbad wrote:

Why would all those players give ROW then go inactive?
      Many players join games like this in order to see it, and surprisingly for a war game there are many players that prefer to make friends, rather than enemies. So they accept if someone wants to be their friend that this is a good thing. Of course some people use their friends for their own gain instead.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<