Just 3 ideas

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Just 3 ideas

So I have 3 suggestions to make the game a bit better.

1. Make it so that when a country loses 75 to 80% of their victory points, the attacking force has a pop-up that asks whether it wishes to conquer the leftovers or make the country a puppet. When a country get puppeted, it loses its ability to enter and make coalitions and 15% of its food production goes to the puppet mater at the end of each in-game day. Despite this, there is still a chance the puppet could break free from the Iron Fist which brings me to my next suggestion.

2. Add a new unit that can't be researched and can be controlled by A.I. named Rebels. They have a 45% chance of appearing when a province has a successful rebellion. The force in which the rebellions turns to is now in control of the unit. Its upkeep is 15 food and 10 manpower each. They are a bit weaker than Militias but do best in Urban terrain. When they conquer a province, there is a 50% chance that another Rebel unit will come about.

3.When units get encircled, they stop receiving their upkeep and slowly die and automatically surrender when at 10% morale
    • If I've conquered 75% of your country, why would I risk having rebellious provinces for a fraction of their resources, when I can get 100% of their resources (100% of 25% yes...) without any worries or rebels if I just finished the Job. Usually, by the time I've captured 75% of the real estate, I've killed off 95% of the defending armies....

I can't see anyone attacking and then using that option, especially if it introduces instability behind their front lines... AND deprives them of the Victory Points they need to win the game.
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"
    • I like the idea of encirclement. I think it would be an awesome mechanic to be able to cut off troops from supply. Another mechanic and unit could enhance this further. For AA to have a range and to have transport planes that could resupply encircled troops.
      Save the goldfish! They need your help! Goldfish are trapped in small bowls all across the globe!
    • A puppet country already has no power. When most provinces are claimed your resource goes down and it is impossible to build units unless you use gold. It will be easy to just take the country out.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • You know that having all insurgents as a country does not very make sense even in CON. I had recently been playing CON and I find that helpless. All uprising comes from the citizen of a country and it itself is not a country and does not make sense when it is one. Having it to become a leading country does not very help and might end up with having no victory which is annoying. We already have AI as well as morale which will stop us from going too fast.
      BeaveRyan

• Ryan04px2025 wrote:

You know that having all insurgents as a country does not very make sense even in CON. I had recently been playing CON and I find that helpless. All uprising comes from the citizen of a country and it itself is not a country and does not make sense when it is one. Having it to become a leading country does not very help and might end up with having no victory which is annoying. We already have AI as well as morale which will stop us from going too fast.
      The thing is, my idea is that the country the support during the revolt gets to control that unit.
    • Not all revolts are supported by a country, I know that you like that idea but I do not get how that will benefit the game. COW is a unique game and I think that we should keep it that way by not merging CON game mechanics into. I know that rebellion or insurgency is fun in CON but I am sure COW fans will not like it being implemented here. We already have morale which basically stops us from attacking too much. If you morale is very low, there will be a chance of an uprising which is basically a rebellion. Out of all three ideas, I think the third one is the only one that the players here will understand and allow it to be implemented. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, Bytro does not implement it. I find encirclement very realistic. You should check out some other threads about supply line. I also think surrendering/retreating really useful. If your unit is trapped, it should surrender. You will not get to choose it because, of course, you will not want to surrender your unit but sometimes, the generals want to. When your unit is fighting some other unit and is immensely outnumber, it should be able to retreat just like in CON which is the only feature I find can be realistically implemented in this game.

Ryan
      BeaveRyan