Dead area in South Bering Sea, Historic 1939

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dead area in South Bering Sea, Historic 1939

I was playing Historic 1939, 2922628 and noticed that around the southern 'crossroads' in the Bering Sea I could no longer select units. Initially, I couldn't redirect my Submarine, then the Convoy, which I could control, was no longer controllable but the Submarine, and the Convoy, both returned to normal once they were North or West of the crossraods (since Sub was heading S to N and Convoy E to W).
      Images
      • Bug01-Historic.png

875.98 kB, 960×720, viewed 13 times
    • You may hold down the right mouse button and circle the area to select the units. Sometimes a "triangle" motion works better than a circle motion. This will make a gray shadow and select all the units in the loop. In the case of planes: Having the circle include the airbase or carrier they are stationed from is necessary. You will then need to use the split command to separate the planes from the carrier or units at the airfield.

Or, For units with a known designation, such as AB12, you can use Ctrl +F and type in the unitID to select the unit. You may be able to determine the designation from newspaper reports or from the unit list as if you were going to trade an army to someone in diplomacy menu. All of your units will start with the same letter code.

Or, The units can be selected by cycling through the units with the left and right arrow keys until the desired unit is found. Typically if you start by selecting a nearby unit and use an arrow key you will get other units within view. In some cases reloading the game will freshen the list and sort order, and enable you to find the unit easier with this method.
      PrinceofHonor
      Senior Moderator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click here to submit a bug report or support ticket
    • This area is known as the "map seam" because of the way that the map joins together to allow continuous play around the world. This does lead to difficulty in clicking directly on the units while they are in the overlap area. Mr Prince outlined the alternate selection steps above.

I will add for mobile users that scrolling so that the unit is on the very edge of your screen will allow you to select them easier.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<