Role-play game in 1939 Historical Map

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Role-play game in 1939 Historical Map

I was wondering about role-play game in 1939 map ...

By 1939, Japan was at war with China. Japan takes over Manchuria, who turns to be a Japanese puppet regime. OK, Germany and Soviet Union invade Poland and UK and France declare war on Germany. Canada and India (and a few others- too many to mention) join the UK side. Italy then declares war on France. Countries like Romania and Finland join Axis side. Yugoslavia is taken over by axis- although divided in loyalties. Later on, Germany invades Soviet Union. Japan attacks the US. So we get:

Allies:
      1) Soviet Union
      2) UK
      3) France
      4) US
      5) Nationalist China
      6) India
      7) Canada

Axis:
      1) Japan
      2) Germany
      3) Italy
      4) Romania
      5) Manchuria
      6) Yugoslavia
      7) Finland

Would this be a fair and balanced role-play scenario in 39 map? Any suggestions? ... 8)
    • YES, I do. I just got some ideas from other rp group. I think if we want to play RP. We should play a bigger one.

Set up a storyline. Everyone pick up a faction and let player write event by using game progress. How many you built. How many enemies you defeated. Your choice is defending or aggressive. Using one player as judge, maybe…gusv youself. Then we share scores and our custom event in here.

What about this sound?
    • Sometime back Vorlon said he would set up such a game (I'm not part of staff and anyhow I'll will not be available until end of February after I get back from LA about the possibility of my sci fi book, 1947: The Greys' Odyssey to Earth, been turned into film or TV series) ... Others have suggested 1932 map, which apparently has been used for 5 vs 5 matches in the past ... You may want to talk to Vorlon or somebody else in staff about it ... 8)
    • gusv wrote:

Sometime back Vorlon said he would set up such a game (I'm not part of staff and anyhow I'll will not be available until end of February after I get back from LA about the possibility of my sci fi book, 1947: The Greys' Odyssey to Earth, been turned into film or TV series) ... Others have suggested 1932 map, which apparently has been used for 5 vs 5 matches in the past ... You may want to talk to Vorlon or somebody else in staff about it ... 8)
      He meant like playing it not literally but saying out units and fighting not in the game but in the forum
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • It may be easier for CoW staff to set up a 5 vs 5 encounter, as most current alliances are set up for that type of encounter ... So we may get:

Allies:
      1) Soviet Union
      2) UK
      3) France
      4) US
      5) Nationalist China

Axis:
      1) Japan
      2) Germany
      3) Italy
      4) Romania
      5) Manchuria

Would this be a fair and balanced role-play scenario in 39 map? ... It looks like Nationalist China and France could have a rough time early in this game ... But the key to ally victory would be if the Soviet Union and the US get it together in time to save the game ... Any suggestions? ...
    • So, what's wrong with a partial copy and paste? ... Another scenario would be a new 7 Dec 41 historical map (the day of the Pearl Harbor attack). You have two teams of players agree to become allies in this map in a fashion similar to alliances in WW2. One side would be the axis (e.g. Germany, Japan, Italy, Manchuria, and Romania) vs the Allies (e.g. UK, Nationalist China, Communist Russia, India and the US) ...