Elite AI Popularity

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Elite AI Popularity

Over the last few weeks I have been listening to some players talk about AI's declaring war, to the point that the entire world was at war with them, and they thought it patently unfair.
      While I had never had this issue, I decided to create my own game, locking all other players out to test the AI's aggressiveness, and I did discover 2 things I think could be improved upon.

1. I first had to get my popularity down low enough in the game, so I could try and focus on figuring out how to improve it. well I don't think there is a way.
      a. Trading in the market raises your popularity: you cant trade every AI embargos you
      b. Make peace: you cant, AIS wont accept peace, while your popularity remains low
      So in all reality , there is no way to improve your popularity, only worsen it.

2. When an AI declares war on you, an you defend yourself, this drops your popularity even lower. so you have a choice, drop your popularity even lower by defending yourself, or allow the ai to just march through uncontested.

So as you can see this causes a mighty domino affect in the games, you either fight the world or lay down and die.

So my suggestions to solve this is~
      1. Allow our popularity to rise slowly over time when at peace, or in wars we are not the aggressors, or some option to allow us to raise our global popularity.

2. If a country declares war against a player, there should be no negative popularity Modifier.

P.S ~~ dont get me wrong either, I appreciate the Elite AIs in game, I think they add depth and dimension to the game. making it slightly more realistic. But like all things in this world there are things that could be done to improve it.

Anyway just my humble thoughts, but there does seem to be an imbalance in the game when dealing with AI's, especially the neg modifier defending yourself from an aggressor. I would challenge anyone to try this and see if I am missing something, I would like to find a solution to give an an answer to the players with this issue.

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations."
      David Friedman
    • Here is from another post on this issue posted by Frenzy:

Actions that improve your popularity with elite AI:
      - being enemy with their enemies
      - being friends (good diplomatic relations) with them and their friends
      - trading with them
      - getting war declared on you (added Nov 27th 2019)
      Actions that decrease your popularity with elite AI:
      - having peace or better relations with their enemies
      - having bad diplomatic relations or war with them or their friends
      - starting new wars without declaring them before (removed Nov 27th 2019)
      - when producing troops while already being unpopular
      - having troops in their country without right of way
      - getting your spies caught by them
      [/quote]See this link for further discussion on this:

forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…y-with-elite-ai/&pageNo=1
      PrinceofHonor
      Senior Moderator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click here to submit a bug report or support ticket
    • Hello, I believe that your AI does go better when not at war with any country. I think that your idea is decent and well thought. It would be easier for us to get better popularity because popularity is a new thing when Elite AI was introduced and I am still figuring out how to get out of the popularity trouble when I conquered a lot of province. I believe that a way to increase popularity is to give ROW/Shared map to all AI countries that does not border you. If you give ROW to AI countries that border you, you will not trust them to get pass the border and stay at your capitol.

PrinceofHonor wrote:

Here is from another post on this issue posted by Frenzy:

Actions that improve your popularity with elite AI:
      - being enemy with their enemies
      - being friends (good diplomatic relations) with them and their friends
      - trading with them
      - getting war declared on you (added Nov 27th 2019)
      Actions that decrease your popularity with elite AI:
      - having peace or better relations with their enemies
      - having bad diplomatic relations or war with them or their friends
      - starting new wars without declaring them before (removed Nov 27th 2019)
      - when producing troops while already being unpopular
      - having troops in their country without right of way
      - getting your spies caught by them
      May I ask how It is possible to trade with them? You do not know who you are trading with and you definitely cannot message them so you technically never knew who you trade to.

If you are not popular, producing troops to decrease your popularity does not really make sense. When playing COW, doing that is not realistic and I believe that that should not affect your popularity because it is not possible to now produce any unit and win the game.

Of course I think that there is a lot of things that I need to learn about popularity and how to get better so If i have gotten something wrong, do tell me.

Ryan
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • The Elite AI isn't anything new, it use to be a gold function of maps that required a fee in gold to play those rounds. Since then all the devs did was make it so the regular AI was more challenging to all players. It does take time to figure out and not be on the bad side of the AI's, but I have done it. Those that like to invade at the start will find it hard as they will rack up low popularity fast.

I usually look for those that offer me right of way and then look at who they are at war, you can't tell for sure who you are trading with, but if your not being embargo then the chances are you are trading with some of the AI's. And making massive armies when your popularity is already low to begin with and invading other AI's is a sure sign that the AI's will want to strike you first.

All this does is introduce a bit of a challenge as we have seen some complains on the forums about the AI's being too easy when they are all left in the map and everyone else is inactive. The Elite AI also counts towards your stats and achievements.
      PrinceofHonor
      Senior Moderator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click here to submit a bug report or support ticket
    • Yeah, I used to play with a friend but he stopped a while ago and I decided to create my own account. Elite AI is not new even in 2018 but I know that at that time it is not in all games. Yes I find the Elite AI very challenging and stressful at times ;) but I think that is what makes it fun. Does it not count towards our stats in normal AI? Coming back to same question:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

May I ask how It is possible to trade with them? You do not know who you are trading with and you definitely cannot message them so you technically never knew who you trade to.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • PrinceofHonor wrote:

Those that like to invade at the start will find it hard as they will rack up low popularity fast.
      This is one of the most true things someone has ever said. Elite AI's are not that hard of a thing to counter. Yes your popularity goes down and it can become difficult to handle it but if you play it right it doesn't happen that much. Normally the point when AI's start to attack is when you are quite strong enough to counter their attacks however with all this said i do think that there are not enough ways to increase your popularity in contrast to the amount of ways of losing it.