Using planes to defence

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Using planes to defence

for example I have a level 5 fortress on map there is an army in fortress and I have 25 planes

I want to cover this army with planes I decided to divide them 5-5-5-5-5 and I will send them as patrol
      but how should be their patrol areas distance between theirselves ?

and I have doubt patrol is a good idea for speed round
      second question I'm playing in a speed round sometimes when I send planes as patrol and while enemy planes passing in area I feel my planes dont shot them and enemy planes can pass easily to bomb my land units so I need to cancel patrol and attack them so sending patrol is bad idea for speed round ??
    • What planes are they? When patrolling your units auto attack enemy fighters within the patrol range. Unfortunately it only does 25% for 25% is going back to the base to refuel, 25% is refuelling, 25% is coming back to battle and 25% is still fighting. They do damage but maybe not as much so if you are active, just attack.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Most player's prefer patrolling over straight attacking , (except for if your off line~) one of the reasons's being you do 25% of damage taken/given every 1/4 game hour, vs 100% damage taken/given and then fly back to refuel. plus while on patrol you can then still attack for that 100%.
      Just be wise on patrol, they become sitting ducks for a skilled opponent to take out.

Best advice I can give, is try different things and find the one that suits your strategy. for concepts like this are purely subjective to the user. how well it works, depends highly on how you use it.

"The enemy win their battles from the air! They knock out my panzers with American armor-piercing shells" Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
      "That’s impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades" - Herman Göring
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall" -Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
    • Undaunted wrote:

.. I feel my planes dont shot them and enemy planes can pass easily to bomb my land units so I need to cancel patrol and attack them so sending patrol is bad idea for speed round ??

It depends on how the planes are positioned, because patrol-attack is not just only a matter of spatial but also of time position of the planes ..

.. patrolling planes attack automatically all enemies within their circle, but only at the end of their patrol-turn ..

.. if patrolling planes are attacked, they defend themselves directly, of course -- but if enemy units just only cross thru the circle (or enter it to attack any ground or sea units in there and then leave) before next patrol-turn ends, they will not be attacked by the patrolling planes.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Restrisiko wrote:

Undaunted wrote:

.. I feel my planes dont shot them and enemy planes can pass easily to bomb my land units so I need to cancel patrol and attack them so sending patrol is bad idea for speed round ??
      It depends on how the planes are positioned, because patrol-attack is not just only a matter of spatial but also of time position of the planes ..

.. patrolling planes attack automatically all enemies within their circle, but only at the end of their patrol-turn ..

.. if patrolling planes are attacked, they defend themselves directly, of course -- but if enemy units just only cross thru the circle (or enter it to attack any ground or sea units in there and then leave) before next patrol-turn ends, they will not be attacked by the patrolling planes.
      so ıf I online to cover land units Should I attack always with plane ? patrol seems very useless ıf you dont try to find enemy units