who attacks who

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• who attacks who

so im at my friends house. a burglar comes in, and shoots me. The police arrest me for attacking him, even though I did nothing.

Sound fair?

Thats what the coding says to do when you are sitting, not moving, on your allies province, and some 3rd party comes along and attacks. It says YOU attacked THEM. this is 100% completely wrong. I defended a province from an aggressor. even if that province wasn't mine, I **defended** it. See that word? defended. I didn't attack him, he attacked us.

This coding needs to be changed. I should not be charged with an undeclared war against him. He should be charged with an undeclared war against me. If he doesn't want this undeclared war, he can choose to declare, or choose to idk... not ATTACK. see that word? its what he did. He attacked. but i got charged with starting a war.

wrong
      wrong
      wrong

Devs this needs to be changed.
    • The battle between you and the AI player (probably) may not have started untill the AI killed your allies units and took control of the city/province.

Which would then mean you are sitting in a province where you have no diplomatic rights to be eg ROW.
      So your unit starts a war by attacking because two units without friendly relations can not occupy the same space.

Check the newspaper to see if this is the case.
    • I understand what actually happened in game. I'm saying, if im sitting on a province, my ally's province, my units would defend it. Before his enemy took it.

Would you let someone come into your friends house, while you were watching the superbowl, kill his wife kids and then him, wait till he sits down to watch the show, only then deciding to do something? Especially if you were standing there armed with a .45 the whole time?

I didn't question what happened. I said it needs to be changed.
    • So if YOU are not being attacked, then you must actually make an aggressive move in order to interact with the enemy. Otherwise you are just a mannequin in the middle of a live fire exercise. If you don't move, the enemy doesn't know you are a threat.

The attack/defend determination is quite simple and logical in the way that it works. Making a change to the basic code for one specific example like this is a poor idea, and would lead to bugs, issues, and errors being needlessly introduced.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I understand how to make it work in game so that my units actually defend. This isn't the help thread. This is the suggestion thread. But people keep trying to 'help' me that aren't devs.

Thank you, VorlonFCW for your reply.

I would have no issue with this, except that it negatively affects your world reputation with the new AI. I shouldn't have to declare war on every conceivable enemy that *might* attack my ally, in order for my units to defend his province.

Think of something simple, like a gate or a guardhouse on the main road into the city. It is actually mine, not my ally's. And its locked. So in order to pass, my ally's enemy has to destroy my property, thus an act of war.

I do get the point that it would be difficult to code. That is a reason I can understand.

Is there something that can be done to mitigate the reputation effects? That is all I'm really concerned with. I could care less that my units attacked or defended, I put them there for a reason.

Perhaps a way to "lock" your units to the province center, thus making them have to be destroyed before the enemy could conquer? A "garrison" button perhaps? Or you could actually build a garrison on your allies province, using your resources. Wouldn't have to be much. That building would have to be destroyed first before the attacking units could enter the city. IDK. just some ideas.

The AI is smart enough to stop advancing on a province that changes from one owned by its enemy to one owned by a neutral party. It should be able to recognize the presence of neutral (to it) units in the province center and react.
    • Yes, that happened to me before and I think that it is really annoying sometimes because of:

MadMike69 wrote:

The battle between you and the AI player (probably) may not have started untill the AI killed your allies units and took control of the city/province.

Which would then mean you are sitting in a province where you have no diplomatic rights to be eg ROW.
      So your unit starts a war by attacking because two units without friendly relations can not occupy the same space.

Check the newspaper to see if this is the case.
      Which should need a programming change ;)
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader