Maps with gold usage disabled

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Maps with gold usage disabled

Hi,

I’m one of those players who tries to play Call Of War game without using gold. For me it looks like more honorable way to challenge my skills against other players.

However, recently in few maps I encountered players who were using gold in so large, so ridiculously massive amounts that it was hopeless to oppose them.
      In these cases it means you lose the game after one or two weeks of play.

My suggestion would be to create opportunity for players like me to join game maps where usage of gold is disabled. This opportunity could have it’s price. For instance, everyone who wants to play such a map should pay 1000 gold entrance price.

Respectfully,
      Green One
    • I understand that gold spenders are the ones who keeps game running in financial perspective. I even thank them for supporting this fantastic game when I encounter them, despite my frustration to loose another round.

However we do have opportunity to buy “high command” membership.
      So maybe there could be something like “map without gold” membership. Unless profitable (for game developers) price for such a membership could be no less than for example 10K gold / map (what may look like too high price for potential membership buyers).
    • @Green One, I totally share your opinion that there should also be a Pay2Play option for CoW in parallel to the existing Pay2Win and I'm even convinced that Bytro could earn even more money if offering both (although the amounts you bring forward are too ridiculously low - gold-free maps would have to be way more expensive in order to make it a good deal for Bytro as well).

However, this was proposed and rejected many times. I very much assume that Bytro doesn't want (expensive) gold-free-rounds next to the Pay2Win-rounds, because currently the main revenue is from situations as following: A proactive gold-spender attacks somebody who prefers playing without gold, but isn't poor. In some cases, this provokes the latter and makes him also start spending gold. Which in return makes the attacker increase his gold spendings and so on. Such a spiral of expenses couldn't occur any more after your proposal, because then those players who prefer playing without gold in spite of not being poor would be off to the Pay2Play-rounds.

So the only way I can imagine that Pay2Play-rounds might ever come, is by offering at an extremely high prize manual creation of a gold-free round that's open for all. Like I described in --> this thread <--. So to say the game creator would donate a gold-free round to the community, by carrying the costs for all who join.
      With this, there would be only one of those rich but disliking-Pay2Win-players escaping the gold-spenders. The other slots in the game he created would quickly fill up mainly with players who never pay for anything. Since for these it doesn't matter for Bytro whether they play in a round with gold-buttons enabled or disabled, that should be a good way to implement this.
    • I do not think extremely high prized non gold games would work because no-one will play them. An option if for them to find a trustworthy moderator and tell him to monitor gold usage.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Hans A. Pils wrote:

the amounts you bring forward are too ridiculously low - gold-free maps would have to be way more expensive in order to make it a good deal for Bytro as well
      I agree ... $9.99 for 30,000 gold may be closer to be a good deal for Bytro than the 1,000 gold proposed earlier ... Bytro employees gotta eat and pay rent and utilities to live comfortably in Germany, where most software programmers make $50,000 or more a year ... 8)
    • @Green One. This idea comes up every so often and for Bytro it' would be an expensive (entire new set of maps) non-revenue generator (no gold).

Typically you can realize rather early if someones golding. So rather than wasting time on a round that you financially can't match, archive it ASAP and start a new one. It'll save you so much frustration and will eventually become second nature.

Good luck!
      What makes the grass grow?