50 vs 50 map morale

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 50 vs 50 map morale

Hi,
      just started the map 50 vs 50 and I had a question( or suggestion?): why keep the stat of the 'countries at war' in the morale calculation? I mean, is not that you have much choice, you are already at war with 50 countries, is not that part of the game? So why everyone has to be affected by a -25 morale in each province? I think later in the game there could be problems regarding rebellions or not enough production, and that will lead to so much chaos and frustating players that will go inactive that can ruin the game for other, isn't it?

I like this special event so I don't understand why don't use special conditions.
    • freezy wrote:

Indeed, that penalty will be removed in the CoW1.5 version of the game.
      What about the regular CoW version of the game? ... No hope for us to deal with low morale and popularity issues, like we have in current game in 39 map in day 29? ... Everybody has low popularity by then! ... Wonder if the large army size factor is a big contributor to this problem ... :(
    • In previous running's of the 50v50 event the morale penalty has not been a significant problem regarding rebellions and such. It does have a suppressing effect on resource production globally, which does tend to slow the game down.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • freezy wrote:

Indeed, that penalty will be removed in the CoW1.5 version of the game
      That's nice. So for future events 50 vs 50 will be fine without it.

VorlonFCW wrote:

In previous running's of the 50v50 event the morale penalty has not been a significant problem regarding rebellions and such. It does have a suppressing effect on resource production globally, which does tend to slow the game down.
      Really? Because like right now without even starting I have a average morale of 70%.
    • ERICofOLLE wrote:

without even starting I have a average morale of 70%.
      That is a normal number for nearly any map starting out. Generally after a few days your core morale rises, but that will not be the case here, which as I said reduces economic production. As everyone has this same penalty there is no increase in rates of rebellion in my experience, although proper garrisoning with forces is advised on newly captured provinces.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<