The Resource Issue

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• kylinho wrote:

This game needs more resources
      I fully DISagree (with possibly the exception of the 25player historic world map, but that one has many issues).

Facilitating resource management even more wouldn't help. This is supposed to be a strategy game, so it's supposed to have some challenges.
      Conquering other countries has already been made a children's game by reducing the probability of revolts to almost zero (a terrible change, by the way... that terrible that Bytro didn't even dare to announce it in the News section) - just walk through a province and it's yours. What else do you want? Maybe reducing winning the game to just one click? Would you like that better? A "I win" button, is that simple enough for you?
      Ohh, I forgot, you already have that button (it has a three gold barrels icon on it), sorry.

Also being able to produce more units wouldn't be positive. You already have both hands busy managing everything in mid or late game on the larger maps. Why should we want even more units on the map? If you don't have the patience to wait until your economy is ready to build and support many units, join speed maps or vote for more speed maps. But please don't touch the precious and well designed resources/unit balance!
    • Hans A. Pils wrote:

Conquering other countries has already been made a children's game by reducing the probability of revolts to almost zero (a terrible change, by the way... that terrible that Bytro didn't even dare to announce it in the News section)
      It wasnt announced because we never deliberately changed the revolt mechanics. If it is the case as you describe it, then it is a bug. if you have more info on how to reproduce it, you can fill us in and then we try to debug it.
    • Well, as a report, playing two maps now, both with Ontario by some weird stroke of chance, on the 100p and 99p event maps, both control about a third of North America, one also starting to expand in Europe (Ireland, UK), and not a single revolt happened so far.

Thought it had been changed in my few months absence :)
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • I played a few 25 player historic through January and I didn't experience revolts from provinces I took. But it did say 28% chance without army. And provinces were revolting. A few went over to me. I had lots of food. Newspaper would be a reveal if overall revolts are down.

Last year especially against some countries revolts were high. I had to trail AAs to retake and keep provinces. Didn't dare leave an armour car or tank on the button to be turned on me. France was the worst. Are some countries just more prone to revolt then others? How much does it depend on their own resources vs yours.

And on the first topic of resource shortage how about the ability to disband an army for double the cost of upkeep.

The post was edited 2 times, last by ender611 ().

• @K.Rokossovski (welcome back, by the way... we've been missing you here!!) is right: There's nothing to reproduce and there are no clues needed of when it happens - it's obvious. Chance of a revolt is now about 90% less than it had been until a few months ago. Of course the display of the risk for a revolt (when clicking on the "i" icon in the province detail bar) didn't change, but... they just don't happen any more. Almost never.
      At least I can say so for sure about the 100p map.
      Login into a game yourself and you'll see what we're talking about.
    • Hans A. Pils wrote:

@K.Rokossovski (welcome back, by the way... we've been missing you here!!) is right: There's nothing to reproduce and there are no clues needed of when it happens - it's obvious. Chance of a revolt is now about 90% less than it had been until a few months ago. Of course the display of the risk for a revolt (when clicking on the "i" icon in the province detail bar) didn't change, but... they just don't happen any more. Almost never.
      At least I can say so for sure about the 100p map.
      Login into a game yourself and you'll see what we're talking about.
      For now we tried to replicate an extreme case and lowered province morale to 0%, so that revolt chance should be 100%. Thats an easy way to check if there is a bug. Unfortunately the test did not result in any visible bug, the provinces always revolted.

Testing this with higher numbers like the 25% when a province is conquered is tricky because then we have alot of fluctuation and variance in the chance. We also still get the usual player reports/questions why their provinces revolted and stuff like that, so it can't be broken completely. and may be connected to certain situations or certain maps? Nevertheless we will probably do some more tests in that regard.

But still, if any of you has a sure way of how to reproduce it or what exactly changed, the info would be appreciated.
    • freezy wrote:

it can't be broken completely.
      Right, It seems that the frequency is less, but there are still rebellions.

I wonder if there was a bug that increased the chance or frequency of rebellions that got accidentally fixed? :D
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I recently completed a 99p event map. I won it, ending up with half of N.America, all of Europe, most of Asia, and about a third of Africa.

Not a single rebellion occurred.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

@K.Rokossovski You are lucky. I am guessing you don't attack 20 countries at a time and you have fortification/infrastructure.
      I never buy fortifications and I thik I attacked MORE than 20 countries. Maybe it has to do something with the event?
      - BIG DADDY.