Release Notes 2020-01-29

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Release Notes 2020-01-29

Attention, generals!

The first release of 2020 brings the next batch of graphical updates for units and fixes a large amount of bugs, including some quite infamous ones!

We began the appearance revamp of units end of last year. Today we take the next step with this endeavour and update the visuals of some of the most prominent units on the map - Infantry, Mechanized Infantry, Motorized Infantry and Militia. This week's graphical update brings the new look and feel in Call of War to the next level!

Despite working on the optics of the game, we also spent the holidays tackling a large amount of bugs that were on our and the community’s list. Gone are the days when you lost a province to an enemy although an ally had stationed troops there to protect it. We also fixed the bug that could make supply drops appear in allied territories.

Please find a full list of all changes below:

Graphical Updates:
      • We improved the visuals of Infantry units.
      • We improved the visuals of Mechanized Infantry units.
      • We improved the visuals of Motorized Infantry units.
      • We improved the visuals of Militia units.
      • We reworked the circle graphic visualizing the range of units to avoid confusion.
        • The range indicator does not have a gradient anymore.
        • The ring is now clearly displayed as only one ring.
      • We improved visibility of roads on the maps.
      • Roads are displayed twice as wide now.
      • We improved the visuals for the “send login” button in the account settings on mobile to make the button more recognizable.
      • We optimized some images for iPad.
      General:
      • We increased the zoom level when using advanced graphic settings.
        • You can now zoom in closer for a better overview and more details on the map.
      • We decreased the snapping range when using advanced graphic settings to allow you to give more precise orders for your units.
        • This allows you for example to send troops close to a province center, without attacking it.
      • We added an icon in the production menu that indicates the armor class of units.
      • We added icons to production and research tabs on desktop.
      • Wind sounds are now only audible when zooming out.
      • We added a list of special unit properties at the bottom of the unit details panel on mobile.
      • The view range of a unit is now stated in the unit properties section within the unit details panel.
      • We added icons in the production and research menu that indicate the armor class of units.
      • We added icons to the production and research tabs on desktop.
      • New private resource offers now appear from time to time in the stock market.
      Bug fixes:
      • We fixed a bug that allowed an enemy to take over a province while allied forces were standing in the province to protect it from enemies.
        • Allied forces stationed in a province now prevent an enemy taking over the province.
        • There will be no battle between allied and enemy troops unless war was declared between the two.
      • We resolved an issue in team games that caused supply drops to appear in provinces of players of the same team.
      • We resolved an issue that could prevent players from buying the last needed blueprint of a unit, due to the button disappearing.
      • We fixed an issue that caused an incorrect popup being displayed for some high command players when trying to create a new game.
      • We resolved an issue that caused the index of nations not being displayed in the newspaper on mobile.
      • Zooming in or out on mobile now adjust sound volumes.
      • We fixed an issue that prevented sounds of units being played on certain maps.
      • We resolved an issue that prevented team images from being displayed correctly in the newspapers in certain game rounds.
      • We fixed an issue that prevented players from changing their password, after they changed their username or created their account using Facebook or Google.
      • We fixed an issue that could cause the players own pc/mobile usage ratio being displayed in the profiles of all other players on a map.
        • Other players’ profiles now show their pc/mobile usage ratio.
      • We resolved an issue that prevented the correct page being displayed when searching for an alliance.
      • The rank overview in the game is now loading correctly again.
      • We resolved an issue that prevented usage of dots and commas on mobile when entering an offer on the stock market.
      • We fixed an issue that caused an error message to be displayed when marking too many planes on a map.
      • We resolved an issue that prevented the amount of resources automatically adjusting to the maximum amount of resources available to the player, when trying to trade more resource on the stock market than are available to the player.
      • We fixed an issue that prevented background images to be displayed correctly when using the Internet Explorer.
      • We resolved an issue that could cause advertisements compromising visibility of the day change timer on desktop.
      • We fixed an issue that could cause an error message to appear when a player left a coalition and tried to join a new one.
      • Coalition leaders now see notifications in case a player applied to join the coalition.
      Scenario Rotation:
      • Dominion Antarctica (2020-01-28 - 2020-02-03)
      • Pacific Conquest (2020-02-03 - 2020-02-10)
      We hope you like the new looks of infantry and militia units and wish you best of luck on the battlefield!

Your Bytro Team
      Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • slight bug:
      I am a member of a coalition, not the leader, and yet I still got a notification that someone joined and it doesn't go away even when I check it.coalition.PNG
      FORUM GANG WARRANT OFFICER
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
      KNOW THE RULES!
      Call of War Game Rules
      Call of War Forum Rules
      Terms of Service

attacker 101
      Call of War Player
      EN Server | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • Arcorian wrote:

Bug fixes:

We fixed a bug that allowed an enemy to take over a province while allied forces were standing in the province to protect it from enemies.

Allied forces stationed in a province now prevent an enemy taking over the province.

There will be no battle between allied and enemy troops unless war was declared between the two.
      I'm sure glad to see this one! Normally, when in a coalition with others, I'll have a large army and will protect an ally's province from an enemy of his that I'm not in war with. So, to protect that province, I had to declare war on the attacking enemy- and get myself embargoed and/or attacked by other AI managed countries ... 8)
    • I wish that they would reduce the allocation of code design time from graphics to more fundamental issues such as:
      1. creating a Gold restriction method
      2. improving game creation options by adding in options to have speed 2x or 3 x etc
      3.dealing with inactive players in the early stages such as anyone who does not move in 24 hours of game start is REPLACED by a new player with maybe and extra 10% resources
      4. better information on player profiles showing ALL game maps played and results by game map. It is one thing to know that they had 19 solo victories, but it is another to know that there were 15 on a 10 player map and 4 on a 22 player map as opposed to the player who has 10 solo victories on a 100 player map.
      5. If you want to play with graphics, put in a bigger and a lot more different set of photos for the newspaper, as well as improve the writing.
      6. how about a Rule Set that actually explains things like how exactly popularity works, how the combat system deals with different classes of troops on each side,
    • You know that graphics takes absolutely neglectable code design time, since well it is artist doing 95% of it, the dev only replacing the old assets with new assets and only handling edge bugs new assets could have (on animations, shadows or whatever)
    • Tasmine wrote:

We will know that after update released.
      I am hoping they give us test events before they release it. Which is what they are doing

gusv wrote:

EZ Dolittle wrote:

creating a Gold restriction method
      The developers have to make money ... So I believe that best gold is to have a one time entry fee to the game (e.g. 30,000 gold for $9.99?) ... That would also keep trolls out and reduce the early game dropouts ... 8)
      Yes, no-one works for nothing. I do not get why players want to do that. they can pay money for no gold games. ;)
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • That is not possible. Just a thought for people who wants NO GOLD GAME. It will only be fair for the developers to get paid if people want no gold game. PS It is a suggestion, not implemented.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader