Infantry,Seasons, and More!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Infantry,Seasons, and More!

Dear Bytro,

I wish there was a unit that is specifically made to attack/defend in the mountain area. This unit has existed in the past, and has been part of WWII. Honestly, I think that making a unit that is made for snow is good too. This unit has also been part of WWII and it was part of the Finnish army. Adding this would also mean you would need seasons. This would be a big update that would definitely make the game better, and more realistic. This can create special game modes like a winter only game mode.

Mountain Infantry

The mountain infantry would have a huge disadvantage on land but on the mountain ranges it would dominate especially against light tanks and normal infantry. There can be a mountain militia too! Both of these units would act like there original counterparts but, they would a disadvantage in other terrains except for the mountains, where they would have an advantage.

Snow Infantry

The Snow Infantry would also be a huge update as it would add seasons to the game. The snowy infantry would have an advantage in the snow and act like a commando unit. It would also have a bit of an advantage in the mountains because it is made for snow, and typically there is snow in the mountains. When there is no snow the unit would have the same stats as normal level 1 infantry. The only way to produce these is in the capital with level 2 barracks. This would definitely act like a commando unit.

Seasons

The seasons can be a feature in certain types of rounds where every 4 or 6 days there is a new season. The rotation of the seasons would be just like it is in the real world, Winter, Spring, Summer, and fall. This would add a whole new aspect of the game overall and add new units like the ones listed above.

Thank you for reading this and let me know what you think of it!

Thanks,
      Phx_Astro :)
    • Phx_Astro wrote:

The seasons can be a feature in certain types of rounds where every 4 or 6 days there is a new season.
      .. which would mean that in these rounds everything runs about 8 to 10 times slower than on maps with normal speed.
      So 8 to 10 times slower units and constructions and the battles 8 to 10 times longer as usual etc. .. :thumbup:

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Hello, I have thought of weather but that didn't work for the Bytro team. I support having season because that really made the difference between the Soviets and the Germans fighting in the winter. However, I do not support having so specific units because that really isn't needed. Having plain infantry that are motorized or mechanized will be enough.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

I support having season because that really made the difference between the Soviets and the Germans fighting in the winter.

The "difference between the Soviets and the Germans" was not the weather / season, but an negligent german misjudgment about the duration of the russian campaign.
      Because they thought they were back home for Christmas, the Krauts rushed to Moscow only in summer equipment -- that was the fundamental mistake in Russia which started the end already at the beginning.

But weather is the same for all participants in a battle ..
      .. and so far all CoW units of all countries automatically have equipment for all climatic and weather conditions.

So, before in this game actually weather-related differences can take effect (which are not still included in the X-factor), the units would have to be extended by a micro-management system like a differentiation / setting option "equipment" .. >>

>> .. to be set separately for each unit -- and then..??
      Depending from what? By distance (supply routes) to the nearest depot / province center? ..and which visible / measurable difference could it make in the game whether a unit / army is equipped for summer and / or winter? ..or what would be the advantage, on the other hand, of not being permanently equipped for everything as it is now ..?

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D