Graphics Complaints

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Graphics Complaints

I'm making this thread to make my dislike of the new graphics change known. I've played Call of War for a few years and I have just recently joined back again. As soon as I logged into a game I was pretty disgusted by the new infantry designs well as the rest of the other troops.

If you feel the same way, feel free to leave a comment in support of a change.

If any administrators read this, please try to advocate to bring back the old graphics. They were much more loved by us all and they keep the unique brand of CoW ingrained in our minds forever. The way it is now resembles the model of the Halo troops.

Please return CoW to normalcy! :thumbup:
    • I'm happy with the graphics in general ... My only comment is the large size of all naval units- which makes it harder to see other units (e.g. ground and air troops) when you have high traffic in narrow sea lanes- such as around Gibraltar, Copenhagen, and Istanbul ... I would recommend cutting down the size of all naval units by a third ... 8)
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Which new graphic the second update or the third
      Both.

Now it is done on such irrelevant things as graphics and a lot of important things are unresolved, or it is stupid enough to be played by 10-year-olds.
      Research and development without logic, as quickly as possible, stock changes, nonsense on maps, all this doesn't matter, especially when the graphics are upgraded (and confusing).
      This game should NEVER be about graphics, make it as simple as possible. Gameplay is important. And it is getting stupid.
    • Absolutely agree with OP. Originally graphics are aesthetically appealing and make for better game play. The new graphics are revolting and I cannot play the game with them. Someone should be fired.

Kindly they still allow us to switch to the old renderer.

The day they take that away is the day I stop paying for high command.
    • dirge wrote:

Absolutely agree with OP. Originally graphics are aesthetically appealing and make for better game play. The new graphics are revolting and I cannot play the game with them. Someone should be fired.

Kindly they still allow us to switch to the old renderer.

The day they take that away is the day I stop paying for high command.
      Okay you there is absolutely nothing wrong with the graphics, the only problem here is that your a , now get over yourself

The post was edited 1 time, last by Leon The IV ().

• Mr. Bridger wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Which new graphic the second update or the third
      Both.
      Now it is done on such irrelevant things as graphics and a lot of important things are unresolved, or it is stupid enough to be played by 10-year-olds.
      Research and development without logic, as quickly as possible, stock changes, nonsense on maps, all this doesn't matter, especially when the graphics are upgraded (and confusing).
      This game should NEVER be about graphics, make it as simple as possible. Gameplay is important. And it is getting stupid.
      There's nothing confusing about it, even think that the graphics are confusing, the graphics are the games flavor , there really is no need to even use strategy in this game when most of that goes inactive within the first couple of days that causes a train reaction, why don't you bring up something valid that has to do with the game play and how to prevent everyone from going inactive and how the units manpower and research works.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dv8nt: violates the forum rules ().

• I reckon I will add my two cents in.

First, I like the new graphics and I have been playing non-stop since 2015.

It can be a shock if you have played a game, left for a long period of time and then came back to see changes.

I have seen many changes to Call of War over the past 4 plus years. Many have been good, like all things in life, some not so good. Some changes were made then later changed back, (ie: trading when not in a coalition, War being started when patrolling over other players provinces and the list could go on and on). In the end, you learn to adjust so you may get better. Those that overcome the learning curve have more success.

If any change needs to happen with graphics, my only suggestion is that the Anti Tank and Artillery look the same on the battlefield. It is not that big of a deal as I have just learned to click on anything that looks like it could be artillery to verify.

Off Topic however, the big challenge is getting a good game from the upcoming 1.5 version as the two previous test versions are not very good options in my humble opinion.

General cdub