Army Unit Names

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Army Unit Names

I have always thought of making this game more realistic with more details in it with this new feature. So basically, the smallest team of soldiers in the army during WWII is Squad which consist of 6-10 soldiers. Followed by Platoon, Company, Battalion, Brigade and lastly Division. Every time you produce/mobilize a unit, it will say (Eg. 5th Heavy Tank Brigade). So you can produce 5, 000 soldiers a day??? I think that is not possible and I have the following suggestion. When many units are put into a stack they get a name that is not a division because that is too much.
      Display Spoiler

Army
      Field Army60+ unitsGeneral
      Corps30-59 unitsLieutenant/Major General
      Division15-29 unitsBrigadier General
      Brigade7-14 unitsBrigadier General/Colonel
      Battalion1-6 unitsLieutenant Col./Major

When we produce a unit it is a brigade. When we have 3 or more units stacked, it is a division. That makes sense but when it goes up to 40, why is it still that way??

Some names can vary depending on unit type

It can be Brigade or Regiment depending on unit type.

It can be Company for Infantry and Battery for artillery units.

Navy
      Carrier/Battle Group30+ unitsFleet Admiral
      Naval Task Force8-29 unitsAdmiral/Vice Admiral
      Flotilla1-7Rear Admiral

I do notice that when a single naval destroyer/cruiser/submarine is produced, it is a squadron. When a carrier is produced it is a carrier group/flotilla. So you make like 14 carriers at a time???

Air Force

Flight Wing20-40Brigadier General
      Flight Group6-20Colonel
      Flight Squadron1-5 unitsMajor

I know that a couple 3-5 units already make a wing currently which does not make sense at all. But at least the Bytro team programmed different unit amount for different names.

REMEMBER: Special units MUST have different names. Eg. Nuclear bomber squadron. What do you expect a group of 12 planes destroying the world?

This implementation might not sound very useful for the game but it definitely adds a lot fun and reality in it. It will make COW an exciting atmosphere with lots of details in it which makes new players want to find out what is in the game. Feel free to comment.
      Images
      • th-27.jpeg

35.18 kB, 474×646, viewed 33 times
      • Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 4.24.59 PM.png

260.89 kB, 582×364, viewed 26 times
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ryan04px2025 ().

• I think that during the world war many large amounts of soldiers were produced in one day. Look as germany had an army of 13.6 million (foot soldiers) infantry during the WW2 most of this number came by the rearmament process and it produced almost 63529 soldiers per month which makes 2117 soldiers per day. Hence i think that in real life as 2117 soldiers can be produced in a single day so 5000 soldiers per day won't be that big an issue (just my opinion). Btw these are well researched numbers (36 divisions were produced and each division consisted of almost 30000 soldiers world war had different number for soldiers in a division then nowadays). Btw i don't think that there is any harm in implementing more vast yet specific names for units.
    • The units are regiment-battalion size, a Division is a group of regiments, battalions and brigades. I don't really see a problem with it? Having a squad be produced per day isn't the brightest idea, so yes, lets have a single infantry battalion be made in about a week?
      "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"
    • You cannot make 20 Brigades a day. As you see in my picture I have up there, a few brigades make a division. But when there are 50 units in a stack in COW, it is still a division. It should be Corp.

The picture here is a stack with more than 70 units. It is still a division.
      Images
      • Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 10.40.32 PM.png

541.68 kB, 1,252×366, viewed 2 times
      BeaveRyan

• I have thought of this though you can actually look in the production screen that the so called “1 infantry” you produce actually costs 1.3k manpower. So what if Bytro made it 1.5k and it could be a standard regiment. And the name only changes to divisions when the total manpower involved is 10k-25k. Above that will be corps, and field armies etc
    • Yes exactly what I am thinking. So basically 1300 manpower is a bit less than a brigade but battalion would be OK. After trying out a few things, I figured that RR guns haVE different unit names. One RR gun with no other unit will be a regiment. I will see if they have other names! :)
      BeaveRyan

• For the training time....it’s gonna be hard for Bytro to balance both production time and reality out. Unless the do specify a specific time speed for the game. For example games are set at 1 hour in game time per second or something like that, and maybe like the world herald will be published every in game month
    • Yes, that is not realistic but how about this:

killingone wrote:

I think that during the world war many large amounts of soldiers were produced in one day. Look as germany had an army of 13.6 million (foot soldiers) infantry during the WW2 most of this number came by the rearmament process and it produced almost 63529 soldiers per month which makes 2117 soldiers per day. Hence i think that in real life as 2117 soldiers can be produced in a single day so 5000 soldiers per day won't be that big an issue (just my opinion). Btw these are well researched numbers (36 divisions were produced and each division consisted of almost 30000 soldiers world war had different number for soldiers in a division then nowadays). Btw i don't think that there is any harm in implementing more vast yet specific names for units.
      Along with this, it is still unrealistic you can that many soldiers. But I think what he said is researched. Anyways, what I am saying is the unit names can be changed. It should start with a Battalion, which will be one basic unit. If there are more added in stack, the unit name will change. Other than going to division immediately, it will go to Brigade when it reaches 7 units and 14 units for division and so on.
      BeaveRyan

• Well yes but if you want to be more accurate might as well change up the manpower cost of the units as that basically represents what kind of battalion/regiment/division they are. Like you can’t stack up 10 anti tank battalions and call it a division. One of these only has 600 manpower and 6000 troops are only 2 regiments. It’ll be better if they changed up the manpower first
    • Why do you care about the man power? I simply wanted an aspect to be able to have custom names for units, if you want to name a 500 mp unit to "1st Company" or whatever you wanted, you can do that. You don't have to change every aspect of the game to implement a custom naming system. Let other people enjoy their units, and you can be ultra realistic in a browser game and rename your units to your custom system.
      "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"
    • Hmm well that obviously can but it’s gonna be hard for them to implement. Like it’s gonna be sort of frustrating in the long run. You’d literally have to name every single unit you produce, merge or split. Maybe if they can add a function to enable custom naming or disable it then it’d be great. Also they’d need to add a line in the TOS stating that no offensive language blah blah blah lol