Support companies

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Support companies

So I’ve had this problem where if you put a anti air battalion together with a infantry regiment it becomes an anti air regiment, which obviously is unrealistic. So I’m proposing a change to change anti air and anti tank units into support companies. Basically these class of units act the same as they did before, but with reduced stats, like maybe lvl1 anti tank defense against armor would be decreased to 3.5 or 3. But the benefit they would bring would be that they’d give the same units in the division/regiment bonuses for countering armor/air. For example lvl1 anti tank gives a 20% bonus to the units in the same regiment. That’s means if there’s a infantry regiment in it then it’s armor defense and attack stats would be increased by 20%. If there’s 2 units then the bonus would be split into 10% each, regardless of class. So on so forth
      Edit: regiments/divisions will now appear back to be infantry regiments with anti air/anti tank.
      *I’m thinking on how to categorize tank destroyers and SP anti air
    • Hello, you should really check my post on unit names. I think we have similar ideas. Tank destroyers and SP anti air can just be a battalion if they have one of each if they have more than 7, it should be a brigade. Since tank destroyers are the main units and SP anti air may be a support company so we might as well use that name. I think battery/regiment works too?
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Hmm yes but what I’m saying isn’t just limited to name changes. I did see your thread and it is a good idea to change the names of it. But what I’m saying is completely altering the use of these battalions as now they act as a support role in a regiment/division because if they are alone then they are simply just a normal battalion but only a little better at countering armor/air units
    • Edit: I’d also like to add in infantry support tanks in the support class. They act the same as support anti tank/anti air. Basically also give the troops in the division/regiment 20% bonus against armor and 40% bonus against infantry.
      (Maybe just transform the whole light tank research tree into infantry support tanks in the support class)
    • I think you are adding more details to it. I see that your mechanic changes as well as the idea of new implementation of support class units am I right?
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • It already works somewhat the way you desire, because of the hit points of these units.

For example, Artillery units each have 5 hit points, so by themselves they are rather fragile and easily destroyed. They need to be grouped with Infantry for some bulk to absorb damage in combat, and with AA or AT units, depending on your enemy and what they are likely to hit you with.

Each piece by itself has vulnerabilities, only a well balanced stack is effective.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • MuffinTomatoes wrote:

if u stack 10 artillery together
      You have exceeded the limits of the State Based Damage Efficiency with a group of 10.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<