Just a salty player

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Restrisiko wrote:

Two ways what could has happened to the tanks:

A)
      >> forum.callofwar/-the-x-factor <<
      >> forum.callofwar/-try-this-as-a-little-battle-problem <<

...............~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

B).................
      Can't help putting humour in. ;)
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • General Skeet wrote:

So, I think Anti-Air units are a bit too OP. So recently, I was busy conquering the US because it went inactive. I have a decent amount of research and average-ish stats. So I send multiple Tanks to take the remaining provinces and it says on my feed that they have been annihilated. I'm in a bit of shock so I send more with artillery support. All of them, gone, reduced to atoms. So I keep sending more and they all die almost instantly. I also have intelligence spies on the nation so I decided to wait for the next day to check what was up. The Next Day arrives and all units are revealed.

The A.I was spamming mostly Anti-Air.

Now tell me, how in god's name is anti-air stronger than a fricking tank!?
      At this point, I was curious so I checked the stats.

Light Tanks did only 3.0 damage. Anti-Air does over 3 times that with a whopping 9.2 damage!

To conclude, I am begging Bytro to fix this because this is boggling my brain worse than a maraca.

Sincerely,

A Salty Player.
      Let's go about this in real life, shall we?

For reference, AAA stands for Anti Aircraft Artillery.

An AAA battery uses a deadly piece of ingenuity to wreak absolute hell on everything it comes across: flak.

Flak is essentially dozens of pieces of metal shrapnel from an artillery shell exploding. At some small level, all bullets and shells produce flak, but (some) AAA batteries maximize this damage by filling shells with small metal shavings, making huge clouds of metal shrapnel, making them exceptionally deadly to planes.

However, an AAA canon can also aim towards the ground, and the shells can travel quite far. Therefore, an AAA Battery can also, in a pinch, fight ground units. They can be formidable against infantry, and while less effective against tanks, on War Thunder I used a 12-mm machine gun, which is an anti-infantry machine gun, to destroy a tank. Yes, I used an itsy bitsy machine gun to murder a tank crew.

Now imagine what 35-88 millimeters of cold, hard steel could do against that same tank?

The canon part of AA Guns are essentially tank guns that can point straight up. The only sincere difference is that the AA gun uses different ammunition, but the principle is still the same. If you use heavier tanks, i.e. medium or heavy if possible, you will yield different results: it becomes much, much harder for an AA gun to do damage. The fact that an AA gun can kill light tanks really doesn't surprise me all that much. Light tanks are really only effective against infantry, and are best supported by Motor infantry to keep the pace.

To make a long story short, the AA gun is actually pretty realistic, not overpowered. It's kinda strange when you think about it, but it's not unfair. Simply use stronger tanks, or if you're feeling really salty, use some rockets. That'll do the trick.
    • JesterTheSheep wrote:

General Skeet wrote:

So, I think Anti-Air units are a bit too OP. So recently, I was busy conquering the US because it went inactive. I have a decent amount of research and average-ish stats. So I send multiple Tanks to take the remaining provinces and it says on my feed that they have been annihilated. I'm in a bit of shock so I send more with artillery support. All of them, gone, reduced to atoms. So I keep sending more and they all die almost instantly. I also have intelligence spies on the nation so I decided to wait for the next day to check what was up. The Next Day arrives and all units are revealed.

The A.I was spamming mostly Anti-Air.

Now tell me, how in god's name is anti-air stronger than a fricking tank!?
      At this point, I was curious so I checked the stats.

Light Tanks did only 3.0 damage. Anti-Air does over 3 times that with a whopping 9.2 damage!

To conclude, I am begging Bytro to fix this because this is boggling my brain worse than a maraca.

Sincerely,

A Salty Player.
      Let's go about this in real life, shall we?
      For reference, AAA stands for Anti Aircraft Artillery.

An AAA battery uses a deadly piece of ingenuity to wreak absolute hell on everything it comes across: flak.

Flak is essentially dozens of pieces of metal shrapnel from an artillery shell exploding. At some small level, all bullets and shells produce flak, but (some) AAA batteries maximize this damage by filling shells with small metal shavings, making huge clouds of metal shrapnel, making them exceptionally deadly to planes.

However, an AAA canon can also aim towards the ground, and the shells can travel quite far. Therefore, an AAA Battery can also, in a pinch, fight ground units. They can be formidable against infantry, and while less effective against tanks, on War Thunder I used a 12-mm machine gun, which is an anti-infantry machine gun, to destroy a tank. Yes, I used an itsy bitsy machine gun to murder a tank crew.

Now imagine what 35-88 millimeters of cold, hard steel could do against that same tank?

The canon part of AA Guns are essentially tank guns that can point straight up. The only sincere difference is that the AA gun uses different ammunition, but the principle is still the same. If you use heavier tanks, i.e. medium or heavy if possible, you will yield different results: it becomes much, much harder for an AA gun to do damage. The fact that an AA gun can kill light tanks really doesn't surprise me all that much. Light tanks are really only effective against infantry, and are best supported by Motor infantry to keep the pace.

To make a long story short, the AA gun is actually pretty realistic, not overpowered. It's kinda strange when you think about it, but it's not unfair. Simply use stronger tanks, or if you're feeling really salty, use some rockets. That'll do the trick.
      I love me sodium.