Just a salty player

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Just a salty player

So, I think Anti-Air units are a bit too OP. So recently, I was busy conquering the US because it went inactive. I have a decent amount of research and average-ish stats. So I send multiple Tanks to take the remaining provinces and it says on my feed that they have been annihilated. I'm in a bit of shock so I send more with artillery support. All of them, gone, reduced to atoms. So I keep sending more and they all die almost instantly. I also have intelligence spies on the nation so I decided to wait for the next day to check what was up. The Next Day arrives and all units are revealed.

The A.I was spamming mostly Anti-Air.

Now tell me, how in god's name is anti-air stronger than a fricking tank!?
      At this point, I was curious so I checked the stats.

Light Tanks did only 3.0 damage. Anti-Air does over 3 times that with a whopping 9.2 damage!

To conclude, I am begging Bytro to fix this because this is boggling my brain worse than a maraca.

Sincerely,

A Salty Player.
    • General Skeet wrote:

So, I think Anti-Air units are a bit too OP. So recently, I was busy conquering the US because it went inactive. I have a decent amount of research and average-ish stats. So I send multiple Tanks to take the remaining provinces and it says on my feed that they have been annihilated. I'm in a bit of shock so I send more with artillery support. All of them, gone, reduced to atoms. So I keep sending more and they all die almost instantly. I also have intelligence spies on the nation so I decided to wait for the next day to check what was up. The Next Day arrives and all units are revealed.

Now tell me, how in god's name is anti-air stronger than a fricking tank!?
      At this point, I was curious so I checked the stats.

Light Tanks did only 3.0 damage. Anti-Air does over 3 times that with a whopping 9.2 damage!

To conclude, I am begging Bytro to fix this because this is boggling my brain worse than a maraca.

Sincerely,

A Salty Player.
      Hello General Skeet,

It happened to me many times that I tried to see if there are troops near a province or something like that and when I check there are no troops but when my troops are near the province like the enemy troops arrive, I am not saying this is what happened with you. But I assume that the US has a bunch of troops and you think that probably it would be easier if he becomes inactive, but let me tell you that sometimes is a little bit more complicated because they send a lot of troops to try and not to lose any province.

Have a nice day,
      MatiasDasco :D

Supremacy 1914 | ES Support Team
      Call of War | ES Support Team
    • Fun fact: the most feared and famous German anti-tank gun in the war was the 88mm... ANTI AIR gun. It was even operated by the Luftwaffe (i.e. air force) instead of the army, which led to command issues sometimes.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Yes it is overpowered. Compare it to AT, a AT at low levels cannot win a tank. A destroyer Lv. 1 cannot win a Lv. 1 sub if sub attacks first. Whenever AA units are attacked, the air squadron is basically dead
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Genereal Skeet wrote:

I was busy conquering the US because it went inactive.

I send multiple Tanks to take the remaining provinces and it says on my feed that they have been annihilated. I'm in a bit of shock so I send more with artillery support. All of them, gone, reduced to atoms. So I keep sending more and they all die almost instantly. I also have intelligence spies on the nation so I decided to wait for the next day to check what was up. The Next Day arrives and all units are revealed.

cycle9 wrote:

A level 1 anti-tank defends with 7 against attacking armor.
      A level 2 anti-air only defend with 1 against attacking armor.
      The OP did not actually observe any of the engagements,
      just assumed it was all anti-air, based on a belated spy report.
      cycle9's right ..

.. not only OPs information about AA strength is wrong, he also says nothing about the number of Tanks and AAs ..
      .. and he can't know whether other units were involved at the time of the battle -- and maybe there were Fortifications but for sure the Home Defense Bonus ..
      .. more precise information is needed to assess the matter of his atomized tanks ..

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • General Skeet wrote:

So, I think Anti-Air units are a bit too OP. So recently, I was busy conquering the US because it went inactive.
      I noticed that AI managed countries have become more aggressive with the recent Elite AI update ... In my last game I had popularity issues with Turkey in the 39 map ... To get some oil, I attacked an AI managed Iraq, and Saudi Arabia a bit later ... Then I split Bulgaria with Romania ... After an Ai managed Egypt attacked my then Italian ally- I declared war on Egypt ... At that point an AI managed UK declared war on me without provocation.

After that 2 out of 3 wars I got into were declared on me by AI countries because of my low popularity ... I believe that the only reason I survived is that most of them were relatively small, the only large inactive country I took on being the Soviet Union- where I had the help of my two allies (Japan and Yugoslavia) ... I imagine that after the Elite AI update, it will be tougher for a human Canadian player to take over the US by themselves-perhaps an alliance with a human player in Mexico would help.

At one point, I was at war with 8 countries- 6 of them been AI countries that declared war on me and kept coming at me 24/7 with a number of AA, AT and militias... I hardly got a few hours of sleep for a couple of days and felt like a political prisoner been tortured thru sleep depravation- know that from some of my Cuban dissident kin! ... I just hope that they put a limit on the amount of AI countries that can declare war on you (3? 4?) ...
    • Restrisiko is correct. We are unable to answer the question without complete information.

Also the terrain makes a difference, as tanks are both half strength and half hit points in cities, and single file tanks are easily destroyed in an urban environment.

An AA unit is a heavy machine gun that can shoot airplanes out of the sky, these are also quite effective when used on ground units. Really fun to watch a video of an M45 Quadmount or similar in action.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

Really fun to watch a video of an M45 Quadmount or similar in action.
      .. or this universal weapon:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Restrisiko ().

• cycle9 wrote:

A level 1 anti-tank defends with 7 against attacking armor.
      A level 2 anti-air only defend with 1 against attacking armor.
      The OP did not actually observe any of the engagements,
      just assumed it was all anti-air, based on a belated spy report.
      I never assumed and I was actually there to watch the engagement. If you aren't aware, there is a possibility that intelligence spies can reveal all military units for a specific nation. There was 1 AA against 2 Light Tanks and the tanks got obliterated. You are the one assuming I didn't do any of those things.
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

Restrisiko is correct. We are unable to answer the question without complete information.

Also the terrain makes a difference, as tanks are both half strength and half hit points in cities, and single file tanks are easily destroyed in an urban environment.

An AA unit is a heavy machine gun that can shoot airplanes out of the sky, these are also quite effective when used on ground units. Really fun to watch a video of an M45 Quadmount or similar in action.
      There were at the lowest 2 tanks facing up against 1 tank and them getting destroyed.
    • Still many unanswered questions.

Terrain?

Fortifications?

Core province of the enemy?

Artillery type units or planes in the vicinity as well?

Here is how the battle would shape up.

So a pair of level 1 light tanks taking on a single level 1 AA in an urban environment.

2.5 attack against infantry multiplied by 50% because of the urban terrain, and then doubled because there are two units = 2.5.

The enemy likely has a 15% core defense bonus, making that 2.1 maximum damage possible.

The defending unit is a level 1 AA (I assume as you didn't actually confirm this)

The AA will return fire at a rate of 1.0 in this terrain against armor. Adding the home defense bonus makes this 1.15.

This makes the battle a 2.1 for the attacker vs 1.15 for the defender. With a few rounds of the X factor going heavily in favor of the defender it seems possible for a single AA to defeat 2 tanks. With any bombardment units within range the victory will easily go the direction of the defender.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

The post was edited 1 time, last by VorlonFCW ().

• Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Defends with 7 against attacking armour. So attack or defend???
      Defending, I attacked first when the AI to Ver the nation.

VorlonFCW wrote:

Still many unanswered questions.

Terrain?

Fortifications?

Core province of the enemy?

Artillery type units or planes in the vicinity as well?
      Terrain: Mostly plains
      Fortifications: None at all
      Mostly non core provinces
      No artillery or planes, only AA's
    • Two ways what could has happened to the tanks:

A)
      >> forum.callofwar/-the-x-factor <<
      >> forum.callofwar/-try-this-as-a-little-battle-problem <<

...............~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

B).................

The post was edited 7 times, last by Restrisiko: forum makes some problems with the links ().

• General Skeet wrote:

Terrain: Mostly plains
      I was under the impression that this was ONE battle that we were discussing. I am confused by your "mostly" answer. Terrain is either one thing or another as the dividing lines between provinces are quite definite.

VorlonFCW

• When I send armor into a well defended urban environment, i try to send some infantry along with them (commandoes by mid-game are also handy) ... Some bombardment by artillery, bombers, and capital ships also help soften a well defended urban environment- particularly if fortified ... 8)