Units movings through provinces aren't conquering them

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Units movings through provinces aren't conquering them

WTF... have had this issue FIVE times today now. Running a unit through a province doesn't conquer it, it just remains with the original owner. May have to do with speeding (forced march). This is NOT a revolt issue; this was nowhere near day change.

Anyone else having this issue?

In case someone wants to tell me to post a bug report in-game, I did.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • To rule out some other causes: Are you sure you were still connected to the server when you checked back? Often times stuff like this is only a display issue due to the client not being connected anymore. Reloading the game should update the ownership.

Otherwise this would be a very weird bug, never encounter this. Would need some reproduction steps then.
    • As mysterious as the bug popped up, it disappeared again. Hasn' t happened again since that report. Can' t know if it was a display issue; I didn' t reload at the time, and just marched back (usually just a few miles). Stopping at province centre always worked then.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • In the few times recently that players have reported this I have found two possibilities upon investigation:

1) The AI had given Right of Way, so the forces simply marched through without declaring war.

or

2) The province HAD actually been captured, but the display was not updating properly for the player, and reloading would show that they owned the provinces that they should. The player had actually gotten a notification of capturing the province, but the display lagged behind.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Definitely not (1) (this was a big rush for territory), so it must have been a (2)
      - BIG DADDY.
    • I need to add a third possibility:

3) The path through the province did not intersect the province center. There are of course sometimes roads which bypass the province center, although this is rare.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<