Road defenses

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Road defenses

Road, or path what ever you call the lines that connect the map on land and provinces. The way you can move or invade with your troops. Well there’s no good way to defend them other then using units such as ground troops, artillery , planes etc. But then again your enemy’s might have units to combat it ( like anti air, more artillery , and much stronger units). So you lose some troops, but damage decreases the health(moral what ever the name is) of the enemy invading you. What if you could do it but without risking and losing troops? Well I suggest simple defenses but not like fortifying your province type, a defense that can actually damage your enemy or slow them down drastically before they get the chance to take any province with resources. The defenses would be mines, barb wire,Czech hedgehog , naval mines( to sink destroyers(or cruisers or anything coming near the coastline). Yes we do have fortifications, and they are useful for protecting provinces and slowing down the enemy but they take long to build and much metal. Plus if they are run over your enemy just got a hot spot where he could safely put his troops. That’s why I have in mind these defenses, to damage , protect or slow down the enemy. In a way it can reduce just stacking bunch of troops on each other and rushing without a plan. Would this make the game more complicated? Yes but I never saw the game as a casual play like snake and ladders more like chess. Also I really hate people stacking a 46 troop unit and then rushing with no plan so thinking this might stop that.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SFRJ-Man ().

• SFRJ-Man wrote:

Road, or path what ever you call the lines that connect the map on land and provinces. The way you can move or invade with your troops. Well there’s no good way to defend them other then using units such as ground troops, artillery , planes etc. But then again your enemy’s might have units to combat it ( like anti air, more artillery , and much stronger units). So you lose some troops, but damage decreases the health(moral what ever the name is) of the enemy invading you. What if you could do it but without risking and losing troops? Well I suggest simple defenses but not like fortifying your province type, a defense that can actually damage your enemy or slow them down drastically before they get the chance to take any province with resources. The defenses would be mines, barb wire,Czech hedgehog , naval mines( to sink destroyers(or cruisers or anything coming near the coastline). Yes we do have fortifications, and they are useful for protecting provinces and slowing down the enemy but they take long to build and much metal. Plus if they are run over your enemy just got a hot spot where he could safely put his troops. That’s why I have in mind these defenses, to damage , protect or slow down the enemy. In a way it can reduce just stacking bunch of troops on each other and rushing without a plan. Would this make the game more complicated? Yes but I never saw the game as a casual play like snake and ladders more like chess. Also I really hate people stacking a 46 troop unit and then rushing with no plan so thinking this might stop that.
      If your unit morale goes higher after defeating a unit, that will be ridiculous because that will make it immortal. The mines, barbwire idea is good but I have concern about the hedgehog. ;) I do not know why you have metal shortages. You normally do not have shortages unless you spam something that uses that or you have a big country. I know you hate people stacking a 46 troop unit but unfortunately, you have no right to win with 16 unit stack. However, you can upgrade your units so that you get an advantage as no general can be sure that there are no more 46 troop units around the corner.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

If your unit morale goes higher after defeating a unit, that will be ridiculous because that will make it immortal
      Never said unit moral would go higher If you defeat a unit. Must have been a typo( and also doesn’t make sense with the theme of the post).

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

I do not know why you have metal shortages. You normally do not have shortages unless you spam something that uses that or you have a big country.
      You’d be surprised that Metal shortages can accrue often. I had quite a lot trying to fortify my borders from an OP Germany in historic world war. And with the new buildings in 1.5 I think metal will be spent more then ever.

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

I know you hate people stacking a 46 troop unit but unfortunately, you have no right to win with 16 unit stack. However, you can upgrade your units so that you get an advantage as no general can be sure that there are no more 46 troop units around the corner.
      Hate comes more from the fact that big units like these are kinda hard to stop. Yes you can upgrade your units but so can the enemy. Only thing you can do is upgrade until you need blueprints which isn’t very affective.

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

The mines, barbwire idea is good but I have concern about the hedgehog.
      Glad you like the mines and barb wire. barb wire would only work on infantry and militia. While mines could be only tank mines or mines for both it really depends.Czech Hedgehog is not a Czech breed of a hedgehog lol, but rather nothing more Then an anti tank obstacle, it doesn’t destroy as far as I am aware it can slow down well armored vehicles or completely stop them. For clarification their like those spiky metal thing you see on the beach if you watch anything to do with D-Day. And I am quite surprised you don’t have to say anything to underwater mines. Still thank you for taking your time and responding and giving your criticism.

The post was edited 3 times, last by SFRJ-Man ().

• @SFRJ-Man

SFRJ-Man wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

If your unit morale goes higher after defeating a unit, that will be ridiculous because that will make it immortal
      Never said unit moral would go higher If you defeat a unit. Must have been a typo( and also doesn’t make sense with the theme of the post).
      Think I misunderstood that part. I meant this.

SFRJ-Man wrote:

So you lose some troops, but damage decreases the health(moral what ever the name is) of the enemy invading you.

SFRJ-Man wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

I do not know why you have metal shortages. You normally do not have shortages unless you spam something that uses that or you have a big country.
      You’d be surprised that Metal shortages can accrue often. I had quite a lot trying to fortify my borders from an OP Germany in historic world war. And with the new buildings in 1.5 I think metal will be spent more then ever.
      How about this, what units do you have, how many provinces did you conquer, what buildings and what map? There must be a reason.

SFRJ-Man wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

I know you hate people stacking a 46 troop unit but unfortunately, you have no right to win with 16 unit stack. However, you can upgrade your units so that you get an advantage as no general can be sure that there are no more 46 troop units around the corner.
      Hate comes more from the fact that big units like these are kinda hard to stop. Yes you can upgrade your units but so can the enemy. Only thing you can do is upgrade until you need blueprints which isn’t very affective.
      You definitely get advantage! For Instance

Infantry
      LevelAttack CounterDefend Counter

The changes are quite big and you could definitely win. Of course that depends on your perspective but still. There already is a attack and defend counter and for most units, attack is lower than defence which gives the defender an advantage. If the defender is in his/her core province, he gets 15% fortification bonus. With these advantage for the defender, that leaves the defender one thing that will decide who wins. The preparation and skill. If you have better or more unit, and have experience, you win.

SFRJ-Man wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

The mines, barbwire idea is good but I have concern about the hedgehog.
      Glad you like the mines and barb wire. barb wire would only work on infantry and militia. While mines could be only tank mines or mines for both it really depends.Czech Hedgehog is not a Czech breed of a hedgehog lol, but rather nothing more Then an anti tank obstacle, it doesn’t destroy as far as I am aware it can slow down well armored vehicles or completely stop them. For clarification their like those spiky metal thing you see on the beach if you watch anything to do with D-Day. And I am quite surprised you don’t have to say anything to underwater mines. Still thank you for taking your time and responding and giving your criticism.
      Oh, never knew the Hedgehog thing, learnt something new. Oh, forgot about underwater mines because the Czech hedgehog was in front of it and I got distracted. So underwater mines should be implemented but one thing we have to be careful about is to have each of them not expensive but not too easy to mass produce. With that, we must have underwater mine sweepers and more. However, the damage counter must be reduced because that will be really annoying for invasion units. Also, how can you manage not accidentally killing some other country?

Hope this suggestion helps as I am really active in the forum and love to reply! :)
      BeaveRyan

• Oh, forgot about underwater mines because the Czech hedgehog was in front of it and I got distracted. So underwater mines should be implemented but one thing we have to be careful about is to have each of them not expensive but not too easy to mass produce. With that, we must have underwater mine sweepers and more. However, the damage counter must be reduced because that will be really annoying for invasion units. Also, how can you manage not accidentally killing some other country?
      Underwater Mines are to prevent sea invasions. I can see your units getting passed them as they are aware of their location and to avoid them. Now there’s 2 options. 1. You don’t get a declaration of war if someone’s ship gets sinked. 2. To maybe prevent the enemy’s from wasting your mines by accident placing them would say in the article just like building fortifications and etc. How would you place them? Well similar to naval base. You place them by province. If one of the province is near sea you’d get the option to place the mines anywhere close to the province( means not going too left or too right to cover the other province but rather be on how far out you can place them). It would give you a set of possible locations of where to place like the naval base.
      How to balance them I have a certain idea. To balance them, only way to earn place and build it requires 2 things:1. A level 2-3 naval base and 2. a level 2-3 transport ship( idea is the transport ship would transport the mines, it can be any other ship tho). And resources wise it needs to be expensive but not much. I’d say 4000 metal and 400 rare resources.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SFRJ-Man ().

• Actually a major nerf and balance for sea mines would also be the ability to damage friendly ships. Cuz first of all making sea mines ridiculously expensive isn’t realistic. I’d u make them more of a stalling device. Cheap to produce. And the next one would be how to implement it. I’d suggest using it like how fortifications do. You have levels and the more you upgrade them the more damage they do. But they same applies the friendly ships. Would that be a good system? I’m free to suggestions
    • And with road defenses/naval mines, a way to counter these would be to implement engineers/minesweepers. Maybe engineers can break enemy barbed wire and minesweepers can clear out mines? Like they can reduce the harm/effect on friendly units trespassing these territories. And I also don’t recommend putting naval mines right at the coast of provinces. It might be better if you can put those in the little black dots that link up the sea
    • SFRJ-Man wrote:

Units already move at 50% speed in foreign terrain; they probably use this time to clear out minefield/roadblocks etc
      dealing dmg to units without even risking troops yourself seems like a stupid concept for a game that based around combat (aka units vs units) :D
      Teburu

GER/EN Forums
      Conflict of Nations Veteran
      I suck at COW
      idk what else to put here :D
    • MuffinTomatoes wrote:

Actually a major nerf and balance for sea mines would also be the ability to damage friendly ships. Cuz first of all making sea mines ridiculously expensive isn’t realistic. I’d u make them more of a stalling device. Cheap to produce. And the next one would be how to implement it. I’d suggest using it like how fortifications do. You have levels and the more you upgrade them the more damage they do. But they same applies the friendly ships. Would that be a good system? I’m free to suggestions
      @MuffinTomatoes That is why we have it as a building and it only damages units that invades your land via sea.
      BeaveRyan