Call of War 1.5 round 2!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• szinisa wrote:

to be accurate:
      Upkeep fee is 1/20 part of unit genaration cost.
      Healing is 15% of missing HPs.

So 40% goes up to 49%! 9% gain from healing vs 5% upkeep.

Not to mention, the time of generation, not to mention transport time and SBDE, which preffer low health in calculations! And this is an extra and free unit generation!

I usualy do not loose units even in 1.0 version, but it was ridiculios, that i killed my enemy's army with my air-force (20-45 units stacks) without loosing one units.... my land units were just sitting andplaying cards... my airforce became bigger and bigger.... i killed 5 or 6 players
      I've been doing that with great success in 1.0 as well. Most players are armor happy. Even veterens seem perplexed when hit with planes. Buts its really simple. You have to plan for it and be ready. I'll let the cat out of the bag. If you want to stop planes you have two choices. Either build fighters, lots of them. Or build anti-air. Lots of them. Neither will stop the bombers. But they slow you down and make you pay a price. It evens the war of attrition considerably.
    • Some problems may be the same with previous version. Such as move time. Once you lost a province or occupy a province. Units move time(they already take actions) is not change since occupy or lost province.

Militia cost too much manpower, compared to the same level of level of infantry, manpower need to cost more to produce a militia.
    • Okay, since players game the game with war weariness, How about this?

Bring back war weariness based upon time in war for each country?

We can view that in the diplomatic screen. You can put the number of days in the red war flag. You also can have a circle timer where won can see the progress.

If country A DOW me start timer. Since I am new not sure of the the war weariness, .5 per day at war?

If timer has started only can end timer if country is eliminated or country I ( the country that was declared war upon ) accepts peace, offers peace, offers cease fire, or accepts cease fire.

Programming should be there to do that.

Results:

war with one country timer goes up .5 everyday.

war with second country timer goes up .25 everyday.
      war with third country timer goes up .25 everyday.

After that no need to to add more weariness if more than three countries.

Make wars weariness based on days, no provinces owned by country.
    • Re: Upgrading units, which I have written about before. I believe I understand why the current system (1.5 ver) is so out of balance. Basicallyh, upgrading units is not a viable strategy. It cost the exact same in resources to build a new unit as it does to upgrade existing units. If such was the case in RL, nothing would ever get upgraded. The upgrade system is not workable the way it is. I believe reducing the cost of an upgrade, by subtracting the units that were required to build the unit in the first place from the cost of the upgrade would make it playable.
    • When upgrading a unit, you don't have to upgrade through ever research level.
      You can keep your level one infantry, and upgrade them straight to the most advanced reseach tech you have.
      Eg level1 - level 4
      The upgrade also only takes half the time it would take to make a new unit.
      (I believe the cost is being looked into)
    • about rockets in 1.5 (copy from my post in forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…-in-call-of-war/&pageNo=4 )

addition to my last post:
      i think 1.5 has the wrong approach to balancing rockets
      keeping their damage the same (or roughly the same? will have to check for detail)
      as in 1.0 while other units have massive changes to HP/Dmgoutput
      (at least in theory) that will make rockets lategame fairly useless as even a max lvl rocket will take 2 hits to kill a max lvl inf (again: will check later for detailed numbers) .... seems a bit too extreme to me as of right now

so now a bit closer look at it as promised

cow 1.0:

a lvl 4 rocket costs 25 manpower|1500 steel|500 rare|2500 money while dealing 38|38|70|30 dmg (if you do full dmg that is, x factor is insane in 1.0)

a unit of infantry costs 500 food|500 goods|1300 manpower|750 money + has 10 Hp (in general units in 1.0 have usually 10-20 hp; with tanks having a bit more)

--> dmg scaling with unit lvl, but not cost or HP makes max lvl rockets insanly effective, because even if they dont deal full damage a max lvl rocket has good chances of killing at least one unit of 10HP (if you arent completly unlucky that is) so the potential dmg output compared to the HP of units is quite insane
      for comparison: other units deal fairly low dmg; e.g.: mediums tanks deal 8|8,5 while being more expensive

in 1.5:

lvl 4 rocket: 1240 manpower|270 steel|1080 oil|2160 rare|2700 money while dealing 31|31|31|18|80|18|10
      sidenote: i find the dramatic decrease of damage against aircraft... weird, now a max lvl rocket can't even kill aircraft on the ground (cuz it still counts as aircraft and recieves only the 18 dmg)

an infantry unit has 50 HP on max lvl, other units have similar HP (50-70 usually); artillery having the lowest and tanks ofc having a bit more
      aircraft have 50|70|105|70 HP (from fighter to naval bomber)
      sidenote: aircraft maintaining their high HP while grounded and rockets at the same time dealing less dmg against them then in 1.0 makes imo no sense; if a grounded aircraft gets hit by a missile it's toast (it should be even more fragile than tanks lol)

so thats a shitton of numbers, but what do they mean? well to make it simple: rockets went from (theoreticaly) being able to kill 3-4 units with a single use, to not even being able to kill a single one at max lvl in 1.5 while also getting more expensive

what do i suggest?:
      - dramatic increase in rocket DMG (similiar to 1.0 dmg output maybe? so it should be able to kill 3-4 max lvl units), especially against aircraft
      - move the "ignores fortifications" perk to lvl 1
      - move the "not able to be intercepted" perk to lvl 4
      - only have them able to target the center of a province
      (with the higher dmg output, maybe also a sligh increase in price might be needed)
      Teburu

GER/EN Forums
      Conflict of Nations Veteran
      I suck at COW
      idk what else to put here :D
    • Teburu wrote:

sidenote: aircraft maintaining their high HP while grounded and rockets at the same time dealing less dmg against them then in 1.0 makes imo no sense; if a grounded aircraft gets hit by a missile it's toast (it should be even more fragile than tanks lol)
      There are 3 occasions when a plane should not be considered as flying.
      1: the plane is refuelling at an airbase (inf class)
      2: the plane is in convoy(shown as a truck,inf class)
      3:is in transit across water(shown as a transport,naval class)

all other times it is a plane that is in the air.
      so for your ballistic rocket that is used for damaging buildings, I'm surprized that there is any damage to planes what so ever.
    • cycle9 wrote:

please do not base any conclusions on turtle-down, build-but-do-not-attack strategy.there are enough sim-city++ games out there already.
      I didn't turtle down btw, won my game round as first place and had too much manpower in the end as I said. I think its likely we will lower the production boost but at the same time also the cost of Industries, so that it takes the same time to artmortise but so that there is not such a large discrepancy between building them and not building them.

f118 wrote:

In one of my best round i have day 14 and +2.121 manpower/hour, and im still out of manpower, since every next research costs a way more manpower. Another one i have days 14 only +1.620 manpower/hour, but nearby 16k in stock, soon i can use it for some expensive researches.
      Also dont tough manpower rates next test please. It is ok how it is.
      Only tax encome should be higher (cash is another big chockpoint, we dont have enogh for spies now) and some costs should be lowered.
      Good to hear that we are not that far off. But still We cant leave the balancing exactly as it is, and that was also never the plan. There will be balancing adjustments in every single event to find sweet spots :) I think we did not find the sweet spot yet, although we are closer than last Event.

frapogalos wrote:

COMANDOS!

Comandos are a stealth unit now, which is awesome.
      But i have an issue.
      When moving on a country with Treat of Peace, Comandos as a stealth unit, shouldnt attack and capture a province ,which has no army, unless they are commanded to do so.
      In that way the player will have the element of surprise to unprotected cities and also players have to build units with stealth detection or have some army on the borders of their country.
      We can set it up this way but it would be OP. You could easily sneak into the back of all countries and conquer their urban provinces on a whim. Commandos are already pretty darn good without the ability to skip provinces. Also Paratroopers already fulfill the role of attacking provinces in the back.
      Maybe in the future there will be spy units who can skip provinces but not attack, we will see.

Akulla3D wrote:

Not sure if this is a bug. I tried to upgrade a tank during a battle and it accepted it, but it seems not to have started. However, it did take my resources as far as I can tell not sure though.

I would think that as long as you are in battle or in a foreign territory you should not be able it initiate an upgrade.

Thanks, look good.
      You can give them the command to upgrade during battle, but they will only start after the battle is finished. You also only pay the costs when the upgrade starts. Same for airplanes, you can give them the upgrade command while mit air, but they will fly back to airport before they start upgrading, and you only pay the resources when the start upgrading.

Balhog wrote:

Re: Upgrading units, which I have written about before. I believe I understand why the current system (1.5 ver) is so out of balance. Basicallyh, upgrading units is not a viable strategy. It cost the exact same in resources to build a new unit as it does to upgrade existing units. If such was the case in RL, nothing would ever get upgraded. The upgrade system is not workable the way it is. I believe reducing the cost of an upgrade, by subtracting the units that were required to build the unit in the first place from the cost of the upgrade would make it playable.
      I already commented on the unit upgrading costs alot of times in this thread and what we are going to do in the next event. Costs are likely to be decreased to 50%, but no changes in the mechanic/calculation. Still many benefits to upgrading, I won't list them all again now.

Teburu wrote:

what do i suggest?:
      - dramatic increase in rocket DMG (similiar to 1.0 dmg output maybe? so it should be able to kill 3-4 max lvl units), especially against aircraft
      - move the "ignores fortifications" perk to lvl 1
      - move the "not able to be intercepted" perk to lvl 4
      - only have them able to target the center of a province
      (with the higher dmg output, maybe also a sligh increase in price might be needed)
      Already commented on that in the other thread, but here again:
      - the nerf of anti-unit damage was based on alot of player feedback, because many players commented often that rockets are ahistorical in cow1.0 and need to make less damage vs. units. maybe we overdid it, in that case we can increase damage vs. units with level-ups again, but not to the 1.0 levels. A rocket should not be able to kill multiple units in one blow, 1 at most. Instead they will get higher anti-building and anti-province-morale damage, as thats their primary focus as strategic weapon.
      - ignores fortification perk was removed and stays removed, is now part of Commando
      - not be able to intercepted perk stays at rocket lvl1 (which is the old lvl2), as they could not be intercepted in RL as well
      - no target mechanic adjustments planned, too much complication given the fact that we can solve this also with normal balancing adjustments.
      - costs we can also look at and change if needed.

MadMike69 wrote:

a plane refuelled that appears on the ground will fight like a plane in the air.
      your ranged attacks will be using an AA attack stat.(not shown).
      exactly.
      And yes I know the "aircraft parked at airport" mechanic is not really the best implementation. It has its ups and downs, it solves some issues but creates other issues. Maybe we can look into that in the future (but not near future)
    • Tasmine wrote:

Captured province but still not change status.
      Since you got the notification that means that this capture occurred correctly on the server, but your display did not update. You will need to reload the game to get the updated information from the server.

Tasmine wrote:

Some problems may be the same with previous version. Such as move time. Once you lost a province or occupy a province. Units move time(they already take actions) is not change since occupy or lost province.
      This is the standard operation of the game. Travel and arrival times are calculated by the server. These are only updated on your display when you change the orders of the unit, such as switch to forced march momentarily and then back. Of course the server changes the units travel speed internally when the province changes hands, but until your device sends a query to the server the times aren't updated.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I'm just wondering are we getting an annexation feature? it would be a lot cooler if we did, i was playing as Ireland in that All counties all in map and i took northern Ireland back and it looked so ugly with those green stripes going threw the land i wanted to be part of my country and not as a colony but as my mainland and same with Germany and it would be nice to re design the provinces that became Polish after World War 1 back to the German shape so it wouldn't look ugly when i decide to annex my lost land from Poland
    • Closed off one game of 1.5
      views:
      1. airfield 2 hours and airplane factories with an airfield 30 minutes... not logical
      2. the manpower cost for upgrades of unit is bad idea.
      3. research consuming manpower is also bad idea, better to spread out a bunch of stuff
      4. the individual cities making each one tech line is the best way to go. Still has a problem with the time in that you can take over a enemy province, start to build level 1 tanks and spawn a bunch of scout cars.
      5. makes a very big change in the time factor you devote to the game, you really need to decide if you are going to be so intense as to be on line every 2 hours around the clock.
      6. makes High Command almost mandatory if you are a competitive player because of the reduced time for things, the HC is the only way to avoid waisted time.
      7. It is a more gold trap than 1.0, which may be good for the company coffers, but bad for player retention.
      8. Reality weirdness on occasion- we all can understand the upgrade of planes and tanks etc with new equipment, but how do you up grade an aircraft carrier in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean?
      9. Transport Ships upgrade is too expensive
      10. should be able to queue up research
    • EZ Dolittle wrote:

Closed off one game of 1.5
      views:
      1. airfield 2 hours and airplane factories with an airfield 30 minutes... not logical
      -agree
      2. the manpower cost for upgrades of unit is bad idea.
      -agree
      3. research consuming manpower is also bad idea, better to spread out a bunch of stuff
      -agree
      4. the individual cities making each one tech line is the best way to go. Still has a problem with the time in that you can take over a enemy province, start to build level 1 tanks and spawn a bunch of scout cars.
      -not sure what the issue is
      5. makes a very big change in the time factor you devote to the game, you really need to decide if you are going to be so intense as to be on line every 2 hours around the clock.
      -agree
      6. makes High Command almost mandatory if you are a competitive player because of the reduced time for things, the HC is the only way to avoid waisted time.
      -agree
      7. It is a more gold trap than 1.0, which may be good for the company coffers, but bad for player retention.
      -agree - plus they raised the prices
      8. Reality weirdness on occasion- we all can understand the upgrade of planes and tanks etc with new equipment, but how do you up grade an aircraft carrier in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean?
      - lol
      9. Transport Ships upgrade is too expensive
      -disagree - maritime items are expensive
      10. should be able to queue up research
      - agree
    • I really like the update:

- Production in city centers. This is much more accurate
      - Different production in other provinces. You don't need a full production facility, just an airfield
      - Upgrading Units (the concept). New tech doesn't immediately appear in existing units
      - Affordability of building new factories. 5K rare materials made it a rare option early in the game when you need them

Areas to improve
      - Cost of upgrade. It's too much to be useful
      - Choice of level to upgrade/build. Since there is a progressive cost to produce, maybe be given the option to produce units at a level lower than what is available. Send the "good ones" into the fight, have lower level, less expensive units in reserve.
      - Credit for disbanding units. As older units become obsolete, the option to get some resources back for disbanding (doesn't need to be a lot, even 20%. Like taking scrap parts). Helps offset the higher support costs for units that aren't usable later in the game

Few other things that have been mentioned, but I REALLY like what you have so far. You have to be mindful of resource allotment, but if you invest in your core provinces early, it is significantly easier. The logic of what improvements impact boosts is more realistic (a larger industrial base will result in a bigger economy, producing more $$ and manpower).