Call of War 1.5 round 2!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cosmo511 wrote:

I really like the update:

- Production in city centers. This is much more accurate
      I really don't agree with this one because I believe that without production in city centre we do not have much freedom and production or units can be limited. Of course, we might want to have an annex feature. :)
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Cosmo511 wrote:

I really don't agree with this one because I believe that without production in city centre we do not have much freedom and production or units can be limited. Of course, we might want to have an annex feature. :)
      it is a great idea i like the new idea of having units produced in cities but there would have to be more cities added to the game for sure and if there isn't then i'm gonna play till the update arrives and then bail because that would be painful to sit threw while it would take forever for 5 units to produce. also like every city would have to exist like every coast and land lock city for this game to be playable
    • Leon The IV wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Cosmo511 wrote:

it is a great idea i like the new idea of having units produced in cities but there would have to be more cities added to the game for sure and if there isn't then i'm gonna play till the update arrives and then bail because that would be painful to sit threw while it would take forever for 5 units to produce. also like every city would have to exist like every coast and land lock city for this game to be playable
      If they keep adding more cities then what's the point of not even allowing the player to build anywhere they want? Which is how it should be. If they're really stubborn and don't want to change this for some unknown reason, then maybe they should consider the option to build new cities in different Providences.
      :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
    • THEARBITER117 wrote:

Leon The IV wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Cosmo511 wrote:

If they keep adding more cities then what's the point of not even allowing the player to build anywhere they want? Which is how it should be. If they're really stubborn and don't want to change this for some unknown reason, then maybe they should consider the option to build new cities in different Providences.
      Okay they never added new cities, and like i said the game is gonna become boring since your starting amount of cities is like 5 so no one is gonna want to sit threw a Conflict of Nations World War II, style that's not fun and the game would be unplayable, the game would become the New World Empires because it's impossible to get an active game and as crappy as Conflict of Nations
    • Leon The IV wrote:

Okay they never added new cities, and like i said the game is gonna become boring since your starting amount of cities is like 5 so no one is gonna want to sit threw a Conflict of Nations World War II, style that's not fun and the game would be unplayable, the game would become the New World Empires because it's impossible to get an active game and as crappy as Conflict of Nations
      :D ppl will always be unhappy with changes; but seems to me the overall feedback was more positve then negative, otherwise we probably wouldnt be in testing round 2^^
      just because you dont like it; doesnt mean its gonna kill the game
      yeeez ppl are always so overly dramatic...
      Teburu

GER/EN Forums
      Conflict of Nations Veteran
      I suck at COW
      idk what else to put here :D
    • manpower cost for rockets, submarines, atombomb and atomrocket is ridicolous.

If you use 10 atombombs against small cpuntry, you will have higher kia soldiers than enemy...

And use of common rockets against empty cities follow, you have thouthands dead soldiers, while enemy has no losses.

Hiding units is another weak point of 1.5.2, Inerceptors and lvl3+ AC and motoinf can reveal submarines, i suppose naval bomber can reveal spec force too?

It is weird bug, then! Land units and interceptors ahould not reveal submarines. Naval bombers should not reveal commandos.
      And i repeat aquestion, when we will be eble use minimal recruiting time for level 6 and level 7 units? Now it is not possible, since buildinglecel gap at 5.
    • Teburu wrote:

Leon The IV wrote:

:D ppl will always be unhappy with changes; but seems to me the overall feedback was more positve then negative, otherwise we probably wouldnt be in testing round 2^^just because you dont like it; doesnt mean its gonna kill the game
      yeeez ppl are always so overly dramatic...
      i actually like the update but it's a no brainer that there should be more cities otherwise this update is only for the developers to squeeze you for your money and i don't want to sit her on a game for a few months before i have deployed a capable army to invade my opponent and wait a few more to invade another and i have played threw CoN and my god it was painful i played a full month and even then i was unable to fully produce an army because the resources are so so so low painfully low that i couldn't even research the things i wanted most of the time without waiting a week saving up the resources and having only a few cities to produce units in so i'm sorry that i was being "dramatic" but i actually like the game btw this game is gonna lose a lot of players i'm pretty sure there either gonna move to Supremacy 1914 or there done for good but if they ain't adding new cities this game is for sure gonna lose players a lot to
    • Leon The IV wrote:

i actually like the update but it's a no brainer that there should be more cities otherwise this update is only for the developers to squeeze you for your money
      the short production times already do that, cuz hc becomes way more necessary ^^

Leon The IV wrote:

i don't want to sit her on a game for a few months before i have deployed a capable army to invade my opponent and wait a few more to invade another and i have played threw CoN and my god it was painful i played a full month and even then i was unable to fully produce an army because the resources are so so so low painfully low that i couldn't even research the things i wanted most of the time without waiting a week saving up the resources and having only a few cities to produce units
      CoN is on a completly different scale compared to CoW ^^
      while you dont have as many ressources as in CoW but also need less to produce when compared; I'd go i to detail but thats not the point

Leon The IV wrote:

o i'm sorry that i was being "dramatic" but i actually like the game btw this game is gonna lose a lot of players i'm pretty sure there either gonna move to Supremacy 1914 or there done for good but if they ain't adding new cities this game is for sure gonna lose players a lot to
      you just proveed my point? :D
      Teburu

GER/EN Forums
      Conflict of Nations Veteran
      I suck at COW
      idk what else to put here :D
    • Hi all,

I just finished my two 1.5 games but before I give some feedback I wish to thank and congratulate the game designers for all the efforts and good work put into this new version. I truly like the new approach with specialized production buildings, it brings a totally new momentum in strategic thinking, I also like the improved mechanics and new balancing which is not yet perfect but much better than in the previous version. Here are my comments:

• Research tree for buildings: while there is a really great and comprehensive research tree for army units containing all possible details on features and other aspects there is no such tree for buildings. Having this would be extremely beneficial especially in a view of having now specialized buildings with progressive building costs and building times. Now you see building features of the next level only after you have built the previous one. I would appreciate seeing details of all levels in order to better develop strategy.

• Province list: I appreciate the filtering option which is big help but the default view should be “all provinces” instead of “urban provinces”. The function of a filter (at least in Excel for example) is to filter out from the whole and by switching it off to see the whole. So exactly the opposite as it is implemented now. Also in the mobile version the filtering over resources is not available any more. Please add it back.

• Airfields/aircraft factories: please add information on refueling times for all levels. Currently, it only says “leveling up the Airstrip reduces refueling times of airplanes in this province even further”. This is certainly not enough information and you cannot ask us players (especially not potential new ones) to search for this information in forums.

• Cost of upgrading: we all agree that this is too expensive and economically doesn’t make sense. In my view, the maximum cost should be equal to the difference between the production cost of the two levels. So cost from upgrading from lvl 1 to lvl 3 should be equal to the difference in production costs between lvl 1 and lvl 3. Same should apply also for upgrading times.

• Spies: since money is the most scarce resource nobody could afford them. Spies are an essential part of the game and by making them unavailable you took us this important element away. Please reconsider because the first spies appeared only at some day 15 or so and also these in very low numbers. Much too late.

• Manpower: didn’t have any problems with it compared to the previous version. Seems to be well balanced now. Good work!

• Other resources: other than goods all seems to be well balanced. Goods are a real problem because they are used for buildings such as naval bases, ordnance foundries and aircraft factories / airfield as well as for most units except naval ones. The progression is too high. Please consider rebalancing because the current one is killing the game.

• Progressive costs and production times: this exponential progression (relative instead of linear) is too huge. Researching higher levels should bring advantage but in fact it brings disadvantage because of also progressive minimum production times. Unless you offer a feature that we can choose which level we want to produce (for example lvl 2 unit even if the highest researched lvl is 4) this is does not make too much sense. I read your arguments why this is so but to me it only seems that someone in your team thought that he had a great theoretical idea without thinking what it means in practice. Theory is one, practice is something else. Please reconsider, especially lowering minimum production times would already solve a lot in this case.

• Trading fees: this is a general remark and not specifically referring to 1.5 only. I appreciate the fee but charging a fee already for just placing an order goes to far. The fee should apply only on executed trades. Trading resources should be a crucial element of a strategic game, however, by imposing such a silly rule takes this feature away, especially when the money is the most scarce resource no-one wants to place orders and also spread gets ridiculously huge. An essential part of trading is placing and cancelling orders. I read the argumentation and again it seems that someone thought that he had a great idea but apparently never made any trades in real life. No online trading platform is charging any fees on placing trading orders. Please reconsider.

• Naval bases: I agree that naval bases have to be possible on every coastal province because their function is to reduce embarking/ disembarking times.

• Infrastructure: seems to be a useless building unless you are playing a big country. The moral boost does not justify the production cost.

• Some bugs: while I do like the new look of navy units, the battleships are too big covering subs completely when they come close to each other so that in the desktop version one cannot access the sub. Especially in combat this means a serious problem and one has to switch to the mobile version where this bug is not present. Another one is that the combat icon of fighting battleships almost disappears if the battleship is in vertical position.

In general, I like the new 1.5 version, it is a nice refreshment. Please do not treat the above comments as a criticism, it is just a well-meant suggestion for improvement. At the end the game rules hold for everyone and we all players have to live with and adapt to them. It is about how to make the game even more attractive and enjoyable.
    • On manpower: I played UK in both games and in the beginnig (first two or three days) I invested some 80% of resources into Industry and Local Industry for metal and oil. The rest into one of each production facilities and research. I haven't produced very little army except a few submarines at the beginning. The starting army I sent to conquer Ireland. Only after some 5 day I started to produce some army and kept investing into industry. These brought the boost in all of the resources inclucing manpower, the only problem was money which I got through sale of predominantly food which was apprently being required by other players who went for quick conquers. That's it, the key is my opinion to boost resource production quickly. But my luck was that as I was UK I didn't have to combat any intruders. This approach could probably work less efficently when playing some other country on the continent where you can quickly face some opponent and need army which in turn might definitely result in manpower problem.
    • Akulla3D wrote:

Wondering if there eill be another round or just an upgrade?
      There will be a new Event in the next 1-2 months. Need some time first to implement changes and features :)

Leon The IV wrote:

I'm just wondering are we getting an annexation feature? it would be a lot cooler if we did, i was playing as Ireland in that All counties all in map and i took northern Ireland back and it looked so ugly with those green stripes going threw the land i wanted to be part of my country and not as a colony but as my mainland and same with Germany and it would be nice to re design the provinces that became Polish after World War 1 back to the German shape so it wouldn't look ugly when i decide to annex my lost land from Poland

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Not being able to produce in all provinces are annoying enough. Now please allow us to annex it. :)
      Initially we had it on the plan but since we got many comments that dislike the CoN direction that some of the features take we decided to cut that for now. Maybe at a later point after other features.

EZ Dolittle wrote:

Closed off one game of 1.5
      views:
      1. airfield 2 hours and airplane factories with an airfield 30 minutes... not logical
      2. the manpower cost for upgrades of unit is bad idea.
      3. research consuming manpower is also bad idea, better to spread out a bunch of stuff
      4. the individual cities making each one tech line is the best way to go. Still has a problem with the time in that you can take over a enemy province, start to build level 1 tanks and spawn a bunch of scout cars.
      5. makes a very big change in the time factor you devote to the game, you really need to decide if you are going to be so intense as to be on line every 2 hours around the clock.
      6. makes High Command almost mandatory if you are a competitive player because of the reduced time for things, the HC is the only way to avoid waisted time.
      7. It is a more gold trap than 1.0, which may be good for the company coffers, but bad for player retention.
      8. Reality weirdness on occasion- we all can understand the upgrade of planes and tanks etc with new equipment, but how do you up grade an aircraft carrier in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean?
      9. Transport Ships upgrade is too expensive
      10. should be able to queue up research
      Thanks for the Feedback.

We will discuss various of these points, and maybe some of them will change (not all :) )

Cosmo511 wrote:

- Different production in other provinces. You don't need a full production facility, just an airfield
      - Upgrading Units (the concept). New tech doesn't immediately appear in existing units
      - Affordability of building new factories. 5K rare materials made it a rare option early in the game when you need them

Areas to improve
      - Cost of upgrade. It's too much to be useful
      - Choice of level to upgrade/build. Since there is a progressive cost to produce, maybe be given the option to produce units at a level lower than what is available. Send the "good ones" into the fight, have lower level, less expensive units in reserve.
      - Credit for disbanding units. As older units become obsolete, the option to get some resources back for disbanding (doesn't need to be a lot, even 20%. Like taking scrap parts). Helps offset the higher support costs for units that aren't usable later in the game

Few other things that have been mentioned, but I REALLY like what you have so far. You have to be mindful of resource allotment, but if you invest in your core provinces early, it is significantly easier. The logic of what improvements impact boosts is more realistic (a larger industrial base will result in a bigger economy, producing more $$ and manpower).
      Thanks for the feedback. We will indeed rebalance the costs for upgrading units to make it more worthwhile.

f118 wrote:

When will be eble to build level 7 factories for speed up some elite units recruiting?
      Not planned. All unit levels after lvl5 have been balanced to have their minimum production time once you built level 5 factories.

Leon The IV wrote:

It is now much quicker to produce units though. With 5 cities you can produce the same amount of units in the same time as you previously could with like 20 cities (not exactly but you know what I mean) because units have shorter production times. Additionally, also with the old balancing you mostly built troops only in urban provinces because building new ICs was often too expensive. And once you conquer more territory you naturally also gain additional urban provinces to produce troops. Did you play in the event? Then you probably saw that the game is very much still playable. if not I encourage you to join the next one :)

THEARBITER117 wrote:

Good, the longer the better, hopefully many years.
      you wish :P

Leon The IV wrote:

Also here again, "unplayable" is a harsh word that is imo very much unjustified. We had a very high participation rate in the event, and there were enough players who played through it without quitting. That shows that the new system is very much playable. Most maps also finished between day 10 and 20, so rather fast. You won't have to sit through a game for months.

f118 wrote:

manpower cost for rockets, submarines, atombomb and atomrocket is ridicolous.

If you use 10 atombombs against small cpuntry, you will have higher kia soldiers than enemy...

And use of common rockets against empty cities follow, you have thouthands dead soldiers, while enemy has no losses.

Hiding units is another weak point of 1.5.2, Inerceptors and lvl3+ AC and motoinf can reveal submarines, i suppose naval bomber can reveal spec force too?

It is weird bug, then! Land units and interceptors ahould not reveal submarines. Naval bombers should not reveal commandos.
      And i repeat aquestion, when we will be eble use minimal recruiting time for level 6 and level 7 units? Now it is not possible, since buildinglecel gap at 5.
      Well we treat manpower cost not as dead soldiers, but as a resource. The rocket programme and atomic programme actually had a high manpower cost as it was years of testing and research. But we will probably rebalance resources anyway and maybe this gets touched as well.

We have it on our plan to rework how stealth and anti-stealth works in the future as its indeed not so nice that land units uncover sea units etc.

Units beyond level 5 have their recruiting times adjusted for factories level 5 as well. Once you built factory level 5, your level 6 or level 7 unit will only need 1 or 2 hours more to produce as the previous level, just like it is with the other levels as well.

pametna joskota wrote:

Hi all,

I just finished my two 1.5 games but before I give some feedback I wish to thank and congratulate the game designers for all the efforts and good work put into this new version. I truly like the new approach with specialized production buildings, it brings a totally new momentum in strategic thinking, I also like the improved mechanics and new balancing which is not yet perfect but much better than in the previous version. Here are my comments:
      Hi, I am glad you like it! Read through all your ideas and appreciate the suggestions, thanks for that. On some of them I commented already in this thread. Some of your ideas will be in discussion to be adjusted, some others probably won't, as we cannot please everyone :). But hopefully the next event is even more enjoyable to you.
    • pametna joskota wrote:

On manpower: I played UK in both games and in the beginnig (first two or three days) I invested some 80% of resources into Industry and Local Industry for metal and oil. The rest into one of each production facilities and research. I haven't produced very little army except a few submarines at the beginning. The starting army I sent to conquer Ireland. Only after some 5 day I started to produce some army and kept investing into industry. These brought the boost in all of the resources inclucing manpower...
      That's all nice for an island nation, but good luck trying that approach with Poland! :)

pametna joskota wrote:

Spies: since money is the most scarce resource nobody could afford them.
      Absolutely. The cost for spies is way out of balance.

pametna joskota wrote:

Trading fees: this is a general remark and not specifically referring to 1.5 only. I appreciate the fee but charging a fee already for just placing an order goes to far. The fee should apply only on executed trades.
      I believe they did this to address an exploit, where players could hide their resources on the market with a "Sell for $30" offer when they were in danger of losing them (for example right before your double-iron province gets pillaged).
    • freezy wrote:

There will be a new Event in the next 1-2 months. Need some time first to implement changes and features :)
      Yay! I love changes

freezy wrote:

Initially we had it on the plan but since we got many comments that dislike the CoN direction that some of the features take we decided to cut that for now. Maybe at a later point after other features.
      Oh, my bad! I was one of them. Just believe that COW should have its specialty. I think it will be great if we have specialty from CON. Honestly, some countries do not have a lot of cities so I think having annex would be an option not because it is similar to CoN but because that makes more sense.

freezy wrote:

Not planned. All unit levels after lvl5 have been balanced to have their minimum production time once you built level 5 factories.
      I don't think there ever was a Level 7 building. But to further speed things up, that is a great idea.

freezy wrote:

It is now much quicker to produce units though. With 5 cities you can produce the same amount of units in the same time as you previously could with like 20 cities (not exactly but you know what I mean) because units have shorter production times. Additionally, also with the old balancing you mostly built troops only in urban provinces because building new ICs was often too expensive. And once you conquer more territory you naturally also gain additional urban provinces to produce troops. Did you play in the event? Then you probably saw that the game is very much still playable. if not I encourage you to join the next one :)
      Technically, you will not waste your rare materials on ICS so when you start a game now in 1.0, you initially use the 5 cities. Of course, there should be some flexibility on annexing cities. Perhaps not all?

freezy wrote:

f118 wrote:

manpower cost for rockets, submarines, atombomb and atomrocket is ridicolous.

Well we treat manpower cost not a dead soldiers, but as a resource. The rocket programme and atomic programme actually had a high manpower cost as it was years of testing and research. But we will probably rebalance resources anyway and maybe this gets touched as well.
      We have it on our plan to rework how stealth and anti-stealth works in the future as its indeed not so nice that land units uncover sea units etc.

Units beyond level 5 have their recruiting times adjusted for factories level 5 as well. Once you built factory level 5, your level 6 or level 7 unit will only need 1 or 2 hours more to produce as the previous level, just like it is with the other levels as well.
      Talking about hiding units, is it possible if you send a commando unit to the capitol of the enemy before declaring war and then suddenly declare war and take the capitol? With enough commando units, you could take down the enemy almost without fighting as you know where the units are.

cycle9 wrote:

pametna joskota wrote:

Research tree for buildings
      very bad idea, manpower is already in short supply for researching and staffing units.now you want to require using manpower to research buildings?

manpower in all four games I tried was THE critical shortage, don't know how you
      found it to be a non-problem.
      With that possibility of implementation, there will no doubt be a rebalancing in the game.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader