Call of War 1.5 round 2!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Call of War 1.5 round 2!

Attention, generals!

After our first test event for Call of War 1.5 you shared so much feedback with us, that we decided to withdraw to our bunkers and postpone the next offensive. We analyzed the battlefield and tweaked and improved our equipment for the next battle.

Finally, the time has come to have the community test Call of War 1.5 once again.

What changed? Well, what didn’t change?

We added the unit upgrading feature, vehemently requested by the community after the first test! Check your army bars for the shiny button that says “Upgrade” once your research has progressed. Upgrading existing units will cost additional resources and time, though.

We made major balancing changes covering all aspects of the game, including resource costs, unit stats, resource production and much more. We will share more details on this in a few days. Rest assured, these changes reflect a lot of your feedback!

Another change you will notice is that you are able to produce units of any level in a building again, no matter of the building’s level. However, a building with a higher level will drastically decrease the long production times of high-level units.

Apart from all of this, we made adjustments to the user interface like filtering the province list for urban provinces or adding an “Ordnance” tab to the research & production menu.

We also updated the look of urban provinces to have them stand out more and changed the layout of province names and resource icons to improve the overall game experience. We could keep on going with this list of updates and changes, but we figure it’s best you take a look at it yourself.

The second test event for Call of War 1.5 will start on Friday, February 28th 2020 at 11:00 am CET until Tuesday March 3rd, 2020 at 11:00 am CET. Don’t miss it!

NOTE: Mentioned changes affect event games only.

We are looking forward to your feedback! The Call of War team will keep a close eye on the forums and our Facebook and Twitter channels to answer your questions and gather your feedback.

See you on the battlefield!

Your Bytro Team

Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • Khabarovsk krai wrote:

I wish call of war team (bytro)
      Will ad a feature that u can play as a AI countrie in historical world war
      There is an event called “73 player all in” (or something very close to that) which enables you to play any nation (including the AI ones) in the historical 25 player map.
      Torpedo28000
      Main Administrator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • First impressions:
      1. Manpower production is very good, putting infantry back in the game!
      2. Manning levels for most units have increased to realistic levels, and
      infantry has been reduced slightly, putting infantry back in the game!
      3. Cash seems to be in short supply.
    • Alright, let's talk about 1.5... Again.

*sigh* Here we go again.

I'd like to stress that this is PURELY a first impression. I would like to say that while I appreciate that the developers are trying their damndest to make this game better, I can safely say that this is NOT the way to go.

Let's get into it. First, here's my praise:

1. Visuals? Spot on, m'dudes. I actually really like the new visuals for all nations involved. The rockets look great. Tanks still look good. Infantry is looking lovely. Commandos now look unique, and I'm digging it. Etc.

2. Research. I actually kinda like the idea of an ordinance tab: it's not something I had considered in the past. It's a nice touch. It does, with the addition with Commandos and Paratroopers, reduce the clutter a great deal.

3. Speaking of infantry and paratroopers, they're (still) not secret tech! Huzzah! In addition to making both units far, far cheaper and more accessible, it's damn near perfect.

4. The attack values, at least for infantry, are nowhere NEAR as ridiculous as the last version. Ahh, the new balance is far more acceptable. Now, Light Armor is far more sustainable, due to the far more reasonable leveling.

5. Elite Commandos!

6. Interesting idea, making "flying bombs" and rockets two different units. I mean, it makes sense, but still, nice touch.

Alright: time for the part nobody wants to hear. Time to get a little salty. Let's move onto the ugly:

1. [i][b]Limiting unit production to cities is getting really, really old. STOP DOING THIS. [/i][/b]Surely I'm not alone on this one, right? This game is NOT Conflict of Nations, and it shouldn't be! So please stop doing that! Keep the fancy buildings, like ordinance and tank plants, but please expand the boundaries to EVERY province. Keep Call of War... well, Call of War!

2. In addition to that, this is clearly a shift to Conflict of Nations, and I rarely say this, but I hate it. If I wanted Conflict of Nations, I'd play Conflict of Nations. I come to this game for a more strategically challenging endeavor, where even if you have one final province, it ain't over yet. You can make one last push. With this, if you have a province, but no armies, you're done. It's over.

3. Even if you're going to limit the production of units solely to cities, add more! 5 is not enough!

4. I'm still not a huge fan of the specialized buildings. It just feels... overly complex?? Like, ordinance I can understand. That was its own separate industry. Tank production and Aircraft manufacturing just feels off. Maybe it's the visuals, I dunno.

5. Secret Labs are already old, and I don't even have secret tech yet. Seriously... no.

6. Even with graphic improvements, Naval Assets still look mostly the same?? Is this just a work in progress? If so, I can forgive that.

---

I am well aware that I am being harsh. In a case or two, probably overly harsh. I just want the Bytro development staff to understand that they are intentionally undermining everything that makes Call of War a good game, and are actively ignoring the fact that many, many players are heavily against that. If the unit production problem is not solved, I can't really say that I'd wanna stick around. Call of War would just become a WWII themed Conflict of Nations.
    • I starting to test CoW 1.5.

Find some issues maybe devs can think about it. We do know 1.5 only allow players to build military buildings in urban area. And I remember Freezy said, there's the big deal of militias, they can't change anything. Then, why can't we produce militias without any building?

I see players occupy another player's province, Then those building(lv.1) disappear after occupied. That's really a big different from previous version, Bad different.

Right now I secured my border. Because I have been learn the experience from CoN. I don't know what feelings other players have. I just don't like it. But thank to the change. I can scout far distance by using bomber.

Still not other new buildings 2d models.
      Patrol has some bugs, ghost image when fighter flying from A airport to B airport. Click "patrol" to another location, fighter will suddenly appeared in there. Restart the game, problem solved.
      Patrol a left location, move angle showed right direction but head to target. Click again, airplanes go back to airport, problem solved.
    • btw how is the 1.5 update going to effect the 25 player map anyway are there going to be more cities added and when are we getting the update officially?
      Can we get an update for rivers and coastal bunkers with the coastal artillery in the game if possible, and just wondering are you adding new skins to each unit like for example i upgrade my lvl 1 light tank from model PzKpfw.1 to model PzKpfw.35 lvl 2 and lvl 1 fighter from model Heinkel He - 51 to model Messerschmitt Bf 109 lvl 2 fighter and so on if you are that would be amazing, and if not can you consider it besides you are trying to make the game historically accurate and this would do it, i really hope it makes it's way to the game i would love it
    • Alrighty,time to start what is going to be a lot of these. So buckle up.
      Fromlooking through buildings, troops, stats, pretty much everything I can look,this event seems a lot more polished and balanced than the first one. So welldone there!
      Formy current day 1 experience so far, in one map but plan to join 1-2 more.

Sofar I am 21 hours 30 minutes into my game.
      Ihave built:
      1 IC in all Urban rss provinces
      1barracks, 2 TF (tank factory), 1 AF (air factory), 3 OF (Ordnance factory)

Troops:
      2 LT, 7 arty.
      Andnow I am pretty much broke. Saving up some rss now for motorised infantry asthese look pretty strong offensively.
      Only2.3k cash left so I think the starting cash is a little too low. Otherwiseother starting rss I think are okay, cash should probably beincreased.

Now comes the bit im not so sure on. Troop costs and training times. Comparedto 1.0 day 1 troops produce very very fast, this means the first few hours areawesome as your getting new troops out, but after that you run out of tss MUCHfaster given you spend them faster. So now after about 20 hours of playing Idon’t have the rss to build new stuff so my factories are sitting empty (notfun) But at the same time its not day 2 and I have 7 arty and 2 LT (Yay!)
      Whatfor me this means is, early expansion can be done faster with these new troops.What used to take 2-3 days now done in 1. So this is AWESOME!! But it now meansless to do once they are done, so my day 2 may be boring as im broke and onlyslowly able to afford troops.

Ialso feel rss production may be too low. Arty cost higher than 1.0 but goodproduction lowered. But I don’t have enough evidence/game time to really saywhether this is true, just from judging how unit costs are higher and rss production with no upgrades is lower. But 125% increase from IC is an extra 25% we can get, I feel it may not be enough but not enough time played yet. I am out of rss now but did just spend a lot. Day 2 willsay I think how well I can produce more troops/buildings. Unit consumption alsoseems SUPER high, again ill see how it goes once I have more units whether thisis a huge consumption and drain on rss.

Ialso am at war with Poland (I am romania) not part of 1.5 but I was sendingtroops about to attack him, so in his wisdom he declares on me and fullyretreats (no loss of global pop for me! :))

Planfor day 2 will be:
      Ensure lvl 2 factories in all Urban,
      Try to get an IC ingoods and metal, maybe an oil or food as well.
      Produce some motorised infantry(Their inf attack looks great)
      See after that if I can produce troops as well.

Also,I feel research times for lvl 1 troops should be lowered… yes IK only 2.5 hoursis not long. But hear me out. So I started this map at about 9:30 pm my time,so after the 2.5 hours I was asleep (Sure I could have started in the morningbut that was not going to happen. This meant I was not able to produce anytroops for until I woke up. This would also have been true for ppl at work,school, etc. So I think lvl 1 research should be 30 minutes.
      Soto sum up my almost day 1.
      • Built 9 new troops (pretty good I think)
      • Built a factory in all urban provinces and an IC in all urban
      • Am broke
      Ifeel I wouldn’t build less troops and this was fairly well done, if day 2 Idon’t have enough rss for much then I think base production should increase
      Torpedo28000
      Main Administrator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

The post was edited 1 time, last by Torpedo28000 ().

• In general:
      - manpower for research feels odd (what exactly are we doing do this poor men? sacrificing them to our demon overlords for superior technology? :D )

- not a fan of this lack disadvantages on different terrain (like previously tanks would get -50% strenght and half health in cities); now units only have positive modifiers and only on one or max two types of terain, they could def be more effected by terrain

- i like the focus on cities for unit production; actually gives them some more value over provinces and makes them of some strategical importance

- the damage/HP scaling seems a bit crazy; tho i have yet to see how that actually plays out

- i like the diversity of when units become available for research

- same prices for industrial in cities and provinces doesnt make that much sense; seeing how cities produce a shitton more

- not really a fan of these extremly short mobilization times cuz this puts you at an extreme disadvantage if you dont have high command

In detail:
      - wtf why do strategical bombers have more offensive damage against aircraft than tactial; and why do they have it to begin with :D

- it was mentioned that arty range has been reduced to compensate for more frequent offensive ticks; however ships seem completly unaffected by this (especially battleships profit from this now, they even start with 70 range)

- i like the changes to carrier capacity scaling
      Teburu

GER/EN Forums
      Conflict of Nations Veteran
      I suck at COW
      idk what else to put here :D

The post was edited 2 times, last by Teburu ().

• Torpedo28000 wrote:

Built 9 new troops (pretty good I think)

Built a factory in all provinces and an IC in all urban
      thats a bit much tho? so no wonder youre broke :D

If i'd do that in all my cities/provinces it'd cost me a total of 13750 steel, 19250 oil, 16500 rare, 49500 money
      Teburu

GER/EN Forums
      Conflict of Nations Veteran
      I suck at COW
      idk what else to put here :D
    • Tasmine wrote:

I starting to test CoW 1.5.

Find some issues maybe devs can think about it. We do know 1.5 only allow players to build military buildings in urban area. And I remember Freezy said, there's the big deal of militias, they can't change anything. Then, why can't we produce militias without any building?

I see players occupy another player's province, Then those building(lv.1) disappear after occupied. That's really a big different from previous version, Bad different.

Right now I secured my border. Because I have been learn the experience from CoN. I don't know what feelings other players have. I just don't like it. But thank to the change. I can scout far distance by using bomber.

Still not other new buildings 2d models.
      Patrol has some bugs, ghost image when fighter flying from A airport to B airport. Click "patrol" to another location, fighter will suddenly appeared in there. Restart the game, problem solved.
      Patrol a left location, move angle showed right direction but head to target. Click again, airplanes go back to airport, problem solved.
      Yeah and also, the fact I can't build unit production buildings outside my city makes NO sense at all, you're telling me that I can''t send labor out to the country and build factories on empty land to support the war effort? Why cities? Factories aren't always located in cities, this severely hampers the game's progression and makes cities a much more important location, which will be heavily defended compared to non city locations. There's so much joy in have every providence with a industrial complex in the late game and mass producing units to attack the other play who's doing the same. It makes for some memorable battles. Why change that? There was nothing wrong with this.
      :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
    • This new behavior is very amusing,
      NPC's attacking each other on day 2:

4:56 pm Bastogne: The 2nd Infantry Regiment (Luxembourg) (BF 2) has been destroyed.
      4:56 pm War! Without warning, Joseph Bech's troops opened fire on the unsuspecting soldiers of Charles de Broqueville. Leaders in the whole world are appalled by this ruthless action.

Casualties since the beginning of this war:
      Belgium - 104
      Luxembourg - 670
    • THEARBITER117 wrote:

There's so much joy in have every providence with a industrial complex in the late game and mass producing units to attack the other play who's doing the same. It makes for some memorable battles.
      From what I see so far, manpower and resources will be the limiting factor, not production capacity. The production times are less now.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<