French research tree.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• nemuritor98_ wrote:

Make it sticky too as the others. (?)
      This thread have sticky.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • nemuritor98_ wrote:

any french rockets? :(
      SSBS S1 - Medium-range ballistic missile, 1965
      SSBS S2 - Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile, 1971
      M1 MSBS - Submarine-launched ballistic missile, 1971
      M2 MSBS - Submarine-launched ballistic missile, 1974
      Pluton - Short-range ballistic missile, 1974
      M20 - Submarine-launched ballistic missile, 1977
      SSBS S3 - Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile, 1980 (I know, it's too recent)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Marat666 ().

• First of all, I'm grateful for the research that everyone did. However, there are some contradictions :

Some units would fit better in other categories or are badly chosen in my opinion, such as :

The Laffly W15TCC as an armoured car lvl4 ?( This is actually just a truck with a 47 mm SA37 anti-tank gun rear mounted, so in my opinion (not an expert in this domain but very interested by History) the W15TCC would be better as a Tank Destroyer level 1, as the letters CC in the name means Tank Destroyer in French or Chasseur de Chars.
      Then, another unit that freaked me out ... =O

The anti-air level 2 ...

And when you take a look at the level 1 ...

Do you really want to trade this DCA gun for a machine gun ? :D Next unit *checks his report*

The Interceptor level 2 choice is a Caudron C-714, according to Wikipedia, this crate has been introduced in 1940, until now everything is correct but when you see what was chosen for the interceptor level 3 ...

According to Wikipedia, this plane has been introduced for the first time in 1938 so that's 2 years earlier than the previous one in your tech tree, don't you think guys there is a little chronological problem ?

Yeah I know, it's bad to criticize when you did nothing but I wanted to draw attention on some little details. I hope to be free in the next days to give you a hand for this promising tech tree.
      Tsar_Lyagushka
      Super Modérateur / SMO
      Equipe de soutien dans la Communauté Française / French Community Support
      Bytro Labs/Call of War

Les ventres des soldats ne sont pas rassasiés avec des promesses vaines et de l'espoir.

Pierre Ier dit Pierre le Grand
    • EDIT:
      I have some suggestions about the naval bombers:
      Liv. 1 Levasseur PL.7 - A torpedo bomber still in service at the outbreak of the WW2. First flight: August 1928
      Liv. 2 Lioré et Olivier LeO H-257 - Torpedo bomber seaplane. First flight: 1936
      Liv. 3 Latécoère 298 - Torpedo-bomber seaplane. First flight: May 1936.
      Liv. 4 Levasseur PL.107 - As i far as I can see, a it's torpedo bomber version of the Levasseur PL.10. First flight: November 1937 aviafrance.com/levasseur-pl-107-aviation-france-9446.htm
      Liv. 5 Loire-Nieuport LN.401 - I remember finding this one while searching for italian naval bombers (apparently some units were used as naval bombers by the italians as a prize of war). First flight: July 1938.
      Liv. 6 SNCAO CAO.600 - Torpedo bomber/Reconnaissance aircraft. First flight: March 1940.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Marat666 ().

• love it. awesome job. here are some changes and ideas for the vacant spots: first changes. i think the Renault FT should be replaced by the AMR 35. (machine gun like the panzer 1 and at least interwar) and S35 should be replaced by the FCM 36.
      37L replace with (Renault SK?)
      m8 greyhound replace with Panhard 178B.
      also, M3 Lee should be the Renault D2. lvl 3 can be a sherman revalorise, maybe the M4 SA50 or a M4 FL-10?
      sopwith should be a Nieuport 17

i notice that all the SPGs in the list are american. heres some ideas:
      lvl 1 - ? (can't be the M7 , thats a tank destroyer)
      lvl 3 - Lorraine 155mm SPG 1950
      probably too modern tho so idk

additions for vacant spots:
      the Canon de 194 mle GPF. not sure which lvl
      Obusier de 155 mm Modèle 50 - top level
      the Canon CA 90 Modèle 1939 anti air gun, also not sure which lvl
      AMX-13 DCA can be the final tier french SPAA, tier before can be the AMX DCA Canon de 40?

thanks!
    • I don't know if you still accept ideas but here are a few:

armored cars:
      1.white am armored car.
      2.amc scheneider p16
      3.gendron somua amr 39
      4.panhard 178
      5.panhard ebr

light tanks:
      1.amr33
      2.amr35
      3.fcm36
      4.hotchkissH35/renault r35
      5.amx13

medium tanks(some are light tanks in fact but i put the ones with more mass and firepower):
      1.char d1
      2.amc35
      3.somua s35/char d2
      4.batignolles-chantillon char 25t
      5.lorraine 40t
      6.AMX-30

heavy tanks:
      1.char b1 bis
      2.fcm f1
      3.arl44
      4.amx 50

Tank destroyer:
      1.amr35 zt3
      2.laffly w15
      3.chasseur d tank Lorraine 37
      4.conus gun
      5.amx chasseur d char
      6.cannon d assaut lorraine 100mm

self propeled artillery
      1.canon de 194 mle

2.amx mk 61
      3.Mk 61 105 mm Self-Propelled Howitzer
      4.lorraine 155mm
      5.Batignolles-chantillon 155mm

self propelled anti-air
      1.autocanon de 75mm antiaerien mle
      2.citroen-kegresse p4t
      3.Berliet vph
      4.GMC Bofors
      5.AMX 13 DCA

With the addition of doctrines the french doctrine could be a defensive one to refer to the maginot line mentality:

Bonus on constructing fortifications
      Extra Home defensive bonus

Weakness: the french lose the battle of France because they didnt see the germans coming from the ardennes

This could be convert in the game in a lack of vision of french troops
      "Si crees que esto tendrá un final feliz, es que no has estado prestando atención"

The post was edited 17 times, last by Danieliyoverde123 ().

• seriously ? so that's what the game needs ? the date of the techs ? so now the problems of the game are solved ? no man this is not useful this is suggestions and you put images and dates ? that's it ? go and check my thread improve the game !!!! give me replies and likes so the game can see it and improve the game .
    • Correct me if I'm blind but I didn't see aircraft carriers. We could use the Avenger-class, Bearn, Joffre, Independence-class, Colossus-class, and the Clemenceau-class.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_carriers_of_France

On a side note, I don't think the M3 Stuart should be the epitome of the French Light tanks, when its near the bottom of the American one lol. We could use the AMX-13 and move the M3 down. We could also use the British Crusader as the French used that tank as well.

A French Heavy tank could also be the American Jumbo (M4A3E2).

Also, perhaps use the AML-90 as an armored car?

SPAA could be P.7.T AA, CCKW 353 AA, and the AMX-13 DCA 40.

(Some of you may notice that I am taking some of these from a different game. . . but shhh lol)

Also just noticed this thread died a year ago but already posted the reply. I'm new to forums as I rarely use any but oh well.
    • The French Resistance played a significant role regarding sabotage and espionage.
      The railway unions were very active moving people and making deliberate mistakes regarding delivery of supplies.
      Often cargoes of war supplies were sent to completely different regions of France.
      Perhaps somethng to attach to apsects of infrastructure?