The newspaper

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The newspaper

In the stats section its where it is handy to see the wealthiest or most researched etc. it always will cycle to the most popular or most dreaded. What interest is there in seeing these two? It makes going through the first list difficult.

So in most cases I scroll down to look at the list at the bottom of the newspaper BUT allot of time, maybe if there is allot going on to report, the bottom of the newspaper is cut short. Don't see the list or the possibility for retirement because the newspaper is cut short.

Also reporting of casualties will not show all casualties when the army group is eliminated. Just one army will show and not the rest that were with it. Was wondering if it isn't registered there, is it registered in the total casualty count, and in the personal stats.
    • The reports of largest army or most researched as well as the popular or dreaded list is also listed completely as an article in the newspaper.

ender611 wrote:

the bottom of the newspaper is cut short. Don't see the list or the possibility for retirement because the newspaper is cut short.
      As you scroll down then more news articles will load. Naturally this may take a few moments on slower connections or devices.

ender611 wrote:

Also reporting of casualties will not show all casualties when the army group is eliminated. Just one army will show and not the rest that were with it. Was wondering if it isn't registered there, is it registered in the total casualty count, and in the personal stats.
      All of the units will be reflected in your statistics and the total casualty count in the newspaper will always reflect this. Large events are summarized in the newspaper to keep the reports a bit shorter.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Thanks..went back to game and it did load further. Though going back a couple days the old ones are still cut off. Been a few minutes. No biggy.

I do check the newspaper allot. When Events says I lost army L42 or something I have to go to the newspaper to figure out who and where. Kinda wish there would be a location in events. Quite an impressive game overall.
    • @ender611 This game is indeed really impressive however I want to emphasize to the game developers @freezy . Can you please add where and what unit is lost in the notification when a unit is lost? That makes our life easier and makes us learn from our mistakes!

Thanks
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

where and what unit is lost
      Is listed quite plainly in the newspaper.

The idea of the notification is to be quick and simple. If you want more details they are readily available if you look in the right place.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• Teburu wrote:

I would just love the simple option to search for a province or unit :D
      There is. Ctrl + F on your keyboard opens a search box. Enter the province name or the unit designation, such as AB12, and it will be displayed in the center of your screen.

VorlonFCW

• I find the newspaper very hard to read. Performance is bad, and it wants to refresh all the time... so just when you finally paged down to some subject you are interested in and reading it, suddenly it puts you back at the top, waiting for that same article to laod again. Very irritating.

I would suggest removing the automatic refresh of the paper, until the player closes and re-opens the newspaper.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • gusv wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

I find the newspaper very hard to read. Performance is bad, and it wants to refresh all the time
      I believe that an easy solution to implement (software wise) would be to delay refresh to once every 10 minutes ... 8)
      Oh yes. That doesn' t mean it will happen though :)
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.